What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (2 Viewers)

'DA RAIDERS said:
Is there an easy way to find a list of starting pichers for the next 3 days?
If you're on ESPN go to free agents, filter by SP, then filter by #1 own% then #2 K's in last 30 days, then select 'schedule' instead of stats each time. You should get every starter available using those 2 methods. Last ditch efforts to go from 2nd to 1st in two of my leagues - all in with 9 arms tomorrow and 7 on Wednesday.

Matt Harrison, Chris Capuano, Doug Fister, Jeremy Guthrie, Barry Zito, Patrick Corbin, Chris Volstad, Miguel Gonzalez, Kevin Correia, Tyler Thornburg...must get 36 K's (prerably 50+, may get another point) and at least 4 wins, 5 would be preferred, and 6 would be gold. Ratios shouldn't matter, up .18 in ERA and .025 in WHIP so would need a wild combo of W's, K's, and a ton of runs + hits + walks to gain points elsewhere and lose points with ratios.

Then I have a shot.

Fantasy baseball right now feels kind of like Week 17 of the NFL.
It's messy, it's why my H2H leagues end early and why I try to reach my maximum's in my roto's before the final few days. Made exceptions this year because of last ditch efforts to chase 1st place in a couple of leagues - looking like I'm coming up short everywhere. Currently 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. One of the 2nd's and the 3rd could change but A LOT has to go right today - could drop or move up to 3rd in my other 2. Another brides maid sort of year in roto, but at least I won my H2H's.

Fantasy baseball right now feels kind of like Week 17 of the NFL.
It's messy, it's why my H2H leagues end early and why I try to reach my maximum's in my roto's before the final few days. Made exceptions this year because of last ditch efforts to chase 1st place in a couple of leagues - looking like I'm coming up short everywhere. Currently 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. One of the 2nd's and the 3rd could change but A LOT has to go right today - could drop or move up to 3rd in my other 2. Another brides maid sort of year in roto, but at least I won my H2H's.
I'd prefer it if my H2H ended earlier too. I proposed last offseason to make lineups weekly instead of daily so the champion is not as random and/or streaming-based, but I got rejected on that. Since it looks like I'm going to lose the championship, I'm sure I'll just look like a sore loser if I try to change again.

Probably too late for this info to be useful, but in Yahoo roto you can go over your innings max if you start a bunch of pitchers the day you go over. It could help put you over the hump in a countable category and by this time of year it'll barely hurt your averages if you get smoked.

Probably too late for this info to be useful, but in Yahoo roto you can go over your innings max if you start a bunch of pitchers the day you go over. It could help put you over the hump in a countable category and by this time of year it'll barely hurt your averages if you get smoked.
Same deal for ESPN - too late for this year but back pocket it for this year. I did it in all of mine, probably didn't make a difference but I did close the gap so if my opponents have a mis-step on the last day I can backdoor my way into a better finish.

Same deal for ESPN - too late for this year but back pocket it for this year. I did it in all of mine, probably didn't make a difference but I did close the gap so if my opponents have a mis-step on the last day I can backdoor my way into a better finish.
yeah, I got 2 wins, 1 save and 20 strikeouts out of 4 2/3 innings yesterday.

yeah, I got 2 wins, 1 save and 20 strikeouts out of 4 2/3 innings yesterday.
1 1/3 IP - I got 44 K's, 4 wins, and unexpectedly great ratios. Problem is I needed 51 K's and 5 W's, now I need some luck.

What were your best waiver pick ups of the year?

I got the following

Code:
LaHair  35/115	17	8	18	1	.304Craig  128/424	  66	20	87	1	.302
Code:
Lynn 85.1 	9	0	84	3.38	1.25Fiers 57.0 	4	0	58	2.53	1.09

In my main league, best for me were LaRoche, R.Soriano (also my worst drop of the year), and Fiers.

Also picked up Stanton in another league after an owner gave up on him after his slow start.

In Cakeleeg (16 team mixed), I picked up Medlen during his first start. He was money down the stretch. I also managed max points in saves after drafting Brian Wilson and Kyle Farnsworth.

I took a flyer on Ben Revere during his brief demotion to AAA and was rewarded with 40 steals. But it was garbage time pickups of Fernando Martinez and Darin Ruf that helped us pick up two positions in the final days of the season.

Worst drop was Nori Aoki but that was early days.

I picked up Bryce Harper, Sal Perez, Aoki (final month)....a few guys put up nice stats in spot starts, but, my favorite waiver wire pickup

AJ ####### Burnett :wub:

Guy gave me solid ratios, better than solid k's, and a dozen wins. Outperformed every other starter on my team other than Kershaw. I owe that guy a beer.

Carlos Gomez almost single handedly brought me back to a title, instead I got consilation $ but $ I would not have gotten had I not picked him up.

What were your best waiver pick ups of the year?I got the following

Code:
LaHair  35/115	17	8	18	1	.304Craig  128/424	  66	20	87	1	.302
Code:
Lynn 85.1 	9	0	84	3.38	1.25Fiers 57.0 	4	0	58	2.53	1.09
Samardjzia....but gave up Jim Johnson for him. Doubront helped early in the year. Added Alex Gordon after someone dropped him and he was pretty solid. Added Victor Martinez and he should pay dividends next year(we allow keepers at the expense of the round they were drafted in...so I'll get him for a 25th rounder next year if I want). My two best though were Anderson and Medlen at the end of the year. They were pretty much money.

What's a ww flyer I should be looking at for ss/2b? Lost Hanley to injury and Jeter isn't looking good. Slim pickens out there. Is Dee Gordon going to get any big league time to start the yr?

What's a ww flyer I should be looking at for ss/2b? Lost Hanley to injury and Jeter isn't looking good. Slim pickens out there. Is Dee Gordon going to get any big league time to start the yr?
The Dodgers are talking about moving Cruz to SS and running out some combination of Jerry Hairston and Jose Uribe at 3B. Evidently $200M doesn't go as far as it used to.

Some of the available guys at ss/2b in my league...

Luis Cruz

Dee Gordon

Kozma- He's had a decent spring, thing of taking a shot.

Nunez- Thinking of taking a shot on him too

Y Escobar

Stephen Drew

Cliff Pennington

I'd take Gordon for the SB's as that's an area I need some help. I guess I'm leaning Kozma and Nunez to replace Hanley and Jeter. Not many decent options.

Some of the available guys at ss/2b in my league...Luis CruzDee GordonKozma- He's had a decent spring, thing of taking a shot.Nunez- Thinking of taking a shot on him tooY EscobarStephen DrewCliff PenningtonI'd take Gordon for the SB's as that's an area I need some help. I guess I'm leaning Kozma and Nunez to replace Hanley and Jeter. Not many decent options.
Yunel is solid in average leagues, Gordon is good fill for a month or two for the steals alone. Nunez probably the best option there IMO, he's gonna get a lot of PT with the injuries and could stick if he plays well.

Don't know where to ask this, but is the Big Donkey still highly valuable in fantasy? I need a 1B but am a little scared to take him too high in a keeper league draft. Would you rather have Santana/Dunn or Wieters/Santana as your starting C/1B tandem?

It's an AL only H2H points league, HRs obviously more important. Just afraid he'll repeat his 2011 campaign but that might have just been an anomaly.

Don't know where to ask this, but is the Big Donkey still highly valuable in fantasy? I need a 1B but am a little scared to take him too high in a keeper league draft. Would you rather have Santana/Dunn or Wieters/Santana as your starting C/1B tandem? It's an AL only H2H points league, HRs obviously more important. Just afraid he'll repeat his 2011 campaign but that might have just been an anomaly.
id rather have Jimmy Gobble

Don't know where to ask this, but is the Big Donkey still highly valuable in fantasy? I need a 1B but am a little scared to take him too high in a keeper league draft. Would you rather have Santana/Dunn or Wieters/Santana as your starting C/1B tandem? It's an AL only H2H points league, HRs obviously more important. Just afraid he'll repeat his 2011 campaign but that might have just been an anomaly.
If the league penalizes for strikeouts you probably don't want Adam Dunn.

If the league penalizes for strikeouts you probably don't want Adam Dunn.
Excellent point but nope, no minus for K's.

I don't feel like starting up a thread for this so I'll ask here....anyone ever conduct a draft at BW3 before? If so were there problems or did it go well?

I don't feel like starting up a thread for this so I'll ask here....anyone ever conduct a draft at BW3 before? If so were there problems or did it go well?
Saw a bunch of nerds doing one in there this weekend. They seemed to be having a good time.
Thank you. We are definitely nerds, but smart enough to do the draft on a Tuesday night when there isn't a major event going on. Less people witness our nerdliness that way.

Saw a bunch of nerds doing one in there this weekend. They seemed to be having a good time.
Thank you. We are definitely nerds, but smart enough to do the draft on a Tuesday night when there isn't a major event going on. Less people witness our nerdliness that way.
We're all nerds, but I'd agree, definitely do it on a week night. It was pretty packed in there on Saturday.

Not a fan of Dunn this year, and that includes OBP leagues as well. He can barely hit .200 anymore.
Yeah, I don't think 2011 Dunn is completely gone and buried.
That's what scares me. The more I think about it anyway, Weiters holds way more value in a AL only keeper league as well, so it's starting to look like a no brainer. But I really love Mous too. Hmmmm decisions.
Keep Wieters and offer either him or Santana up for a Rizzo-esque 1B?

Bountiful FA options in my main league. 14 team OBP. My style, obviously, is to load up on offense and build pitching throughout the year with cheap drafts/pickups of high-upside guys.

Here's what I have:

C: Rosario

1B: Votto

2B: Zobrist

3B: Beltre

SS: A. Escobar ($2!)

OF: McCutchen

OF: Harper

OF: Beltran

DH: Frazier

DH: Ruggiano (drop?)

BN: E. Cabrera (drop)

BN: Eaton (DL bound)

Here's where it gets fun...

SP: Burnett

SP: Garza (DL bound)

SP: Miley (possible DL?)

SP: Teheran

SP: Fiers

RP: Chapman

RP: Grilli

BN: Luebke (DL bound)

BN: E. Ramirez

BN: Smyly (pen/minors?)

BN: Chen

-I picked up E. Cabrera for $2, after whiffing on a lot of 2B, and then Esocbar almost went for $1 a couple rounds later. So basically I spent $4 on Escobar, which I'm happy with, but I've no use for Cabrera anymore. So that's one spot. I could drop Ruggiano, who I accidentally drafted and seems to be scuffling, that would be another. I'll get 3-4 spots from guys going on the DL (our DL cap is 6), and then another one if Porcello beats out Smyly.

So who do I target and how do I prioritize? I have the 12th waiver priority. Here are the leading candidates:

Bats

McCann

Hicks

Duda

L. Martin

Puig

Quentin

Cain

Ludwick

RP

Veras

Boggs

SP

Iwakuma

Porcello

Straily (might get bumped after first week)

Happ

Kendrick

Gee

Maholm

Quintana

Hammel

Thots?

Users who are viewing this thread