What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (1 Viewer)

Id add Bradley but keep in mind at best hes probably an OF3
I'd say thats a bit optimistic.

.250-.270 hitter with little power.

Guy can get on base, but his speed isn't anything to write home aboue.
I thought he stole alot of bases. I know very little about him except that there is tons of excitement in Boston about him and he has great on base skilles and great athleticism
He's probably a 20 steal guy

I'd say thats a bit optimistic. .250-.270 hitter with little power. Guy can get on base, but his speed isn't anything to write home aboue.
I thought he stole alot of bases. I know very little about him except that there is tons of excitement in Boston about him and he has great on base skilles and great athleticism
If everything goes his way, he can have Shane Victorino production

Players like Jedd Gyorko and Jackie Bradley are now available on the WW. This is a 14 team - roto style - with 100 faab. I'm currently starting Howie Kendrick at 2B with Case Headley on the DL for 3B. Would it make sense for me to go after Gyorko? How much do you think he goes for?

Thanks
Yeah. But what about Gyorko? :)

Sorry, I just don't know much about the guy and I think he might be someone who could possibly help my team. Is he even an upgrade over Howie Kendrick? What about Manny Machado who I have starting at 3B until Headley comes back?

I'd say thats a bit optimistic. .250-.270 hitter with little power. Guy can get on base, but his speed isn't anything to write home aboue.
On the DL 50 games a year?

Players like Jedd Gyorko and Jackie Bradley are now available on the WW. This is a 14 team - roto style - with 100 faab. I'm currently starting Howie Kendrick at 2B with Case Headley on the DL for 3B. Would it make sense for me to go after Gyorko? How much do you think he goes for?

Thanks

Sorry, I just don't know much about the guy and I think he might be someone who could possibly help my team. Is he even an upgrade over Howie Kendrick? What about Manny Machado who I have starting at 3B until Headley comes back?
Gyorko is good for flexibility and the fact that he will eventually qualify at 2B/3B.... Depending on scoring he could possibly be an upgrade over Kendrick. You are probably hoping for .265 20 HRs 15 SB in a full season out of Gyorko. If all goes right he could pop 25 out of the yard but he also could fall flat and be a .250 15 HR guy.

Also can add some double digit SBs. So depending on the scoring if those numbers look good, than pick him up. They are different players but he could be comparable to Kipnis, just more pop and less speed.

Thanks

Gyorko is good for flexibility and the fact that he will eventually qualify at 2B/3B.... Depending on scoring he could possibly be an upgrade over Kendrick. You are probably hoping for .265 20 HRs 15 SB in a full season out of Gyorko. If all goes right he could pop 25 out of the yard but he also could fall flat and be a .250 15 HR guy.

Also can add some double digit SBs. So depending on the scoring if those numbers look good, than pick him up. They are different players but he could be comparable to Kipnis, just more pop and less speed.
Gyorko stole 5 bases in a full minor league season last year and was caught 4 times.

Thanks

Gyorko stole 5 bases in a full minor league season last year and was caught 4 times.
He was on a roll, why stop him?

Thanks
Gamble on Gyorko, somewhere between 5 and 10%, how much depends how badly you need him - sounds like you do. Upside is limited, but navigating waivers at 2b and 3b is fugly. Have to take what's there. Not overly excited about Bradley, even with every day AB's he's not a whole lot different than other guys that will crop up throughout the season. I'd bid a $1 because that's what I'd bid on others of his type throughout the year, don't expect to get him but you never know. I got Aaron Hicks, similar production in a full time role imho but with a better chance to keep his spot, with that bid on my weekend faab. You'll find others like him - mediocre avg, light power, some speed - throughout the year. When you get outbid just look for the next one.

What's your current option at 3B while Headley is shelved? That's going to dictate how aggressively you should bid on Gyorko.

:confused: Victorino? That's not too accurate.

Bradley stole 24 bases and was caught 9 times last year. I wouldn't expect much more than 20 bags if he gets 450 ABs this year.

Billy Bats said:
:confused: Victorino? That's not too accurate.
No, but I have him in dynasty and he seems to go to the DL at the worst possible time. I have always liked him, good 5 cat guy.

Thanks

He was on a roll, why stop him?
He runs about as fast as you'd expect for a guy named Jedd Gyorko

if I don't get Maurer in my waiver claim, I'll probably pick up Anibal.
Anibal's avg numbers the last 3 seasons are better than Maurer's 2012 and he did that in AA. The Maurer love is just insane right now.
:goodposting: How you could value Maurer over Sanchez, even in a keeper league, is beyond me.
I've been burned before, and I love me some rookies???? It's a good question that has no logical answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
i picked up bradley jr as a homer move. i'm waiting for ramirez and jeter to come off the DL. so he'll get a 2-4 tryout. :shrug:

Not WW related, but could be fantasy relevant..... Brandon Phillips is moving to cleanup with Ludwick hurt.

Is there a place to go for trade advice?

My team needs pitching help. Was offered this and not sure if it's a bad deal.

I would be sending:

Michael Morse

Chris Sale

For:

Alex Rios

Jonathan Niese

Kyle Lohse

It's a 14 team - roto league.

New to all this baseball thing so I apologize if this is the totally wrong topic.

I would be sending:

Michael Morse

Chris Sale

For:

Alex Rios

Jonathan Niese

Kyle Lohse

New to all this baseball thing so I apologize if this is the totally wrong topic.
I don't like this deal, what pitching is available on waivers? Would rather venture down that route than the trade route.

I would be sending:

Michael Morse

Chris Sale

For:

Alex Rios

Jonathan Niese

Kyle Lohse

I don't like this deal, what pitching is available on waivers? Would rather venture down that route than the trade route.
Let's save RnR the keystrokes.....

you don't say?

I would be sending:

Michael Morse

Chris Sale

For:

Alex Rios

Jonathan Niese

Kyle Lohse

Don't see how this gets you pitching help. Sale has the potential to be a stud, meanwhile Lohse and Niese are solid but lack his ceiling. Add in the bad park and crappy defense for Lohse and the lack of offense for Niese and I fail to see why you'd want to do the deal. And I don't even particularly like Sale this year.

If you really need pitching help, are there any rules that discourage streaming? Innings limits or long waivers or weekly lineups?

I would be sending:

Michael Morse

Chris Sale

For:

Alex Rios

Jonathan Niese

Kyle Lohse

you don't say?
I am all for trading pitchers, but usually the time to do it is in about a month or 2 to get in on buy low's due for regression to the mean. Doesn't mean you can't now, just aren't likely to find a good deal.

I would be sending:

Michael Morse

Chris Sale

For:

Alex Rios

Jonathan Niese

Kyle Lohse

you don't say?
I am all for trading pitchers, but usually the time to do it is in about a month or 2 to get in on buy low's due for regression to the mean. Doesn't mean you can't now, just aren't likely to find a good deal.

I would be sending:

Michael Morse

Chris Sale

For:

Alex Rios

Jonathan Niese

Kyle Lohse

you don't say?
Time to trade for Harvey long gone? I'm guessing after his last game the owner (same guy who sent me that deal) isn't going to be trading him.

The worst time to trade for good, young pitchers is immediately after a dominant performance. Wait for a couple of clunkers or a skipped start followed by a mediocre start then re-evaluate.

Iwakuma has impressed me so far and gets to face OAK & HOU a lot. Plus he has RP eligibility (if that sort of thing floats your boat). Id lean him

Users who are viewing this thread