What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (3 Viewers)

This Alex Wood situation is killing me. We need 9 SP to hit the limit, and I can't really drop him because he goes back to being my 5th most important SP if he gets back in the rotation (3rd if the Cash/Gio injuries linger).

It's also put me in the situation of finding the first downside to using QS instead of W's, because he could vulture some wins while waiting to get back in the rotation.

Taking a stab at Brandon McCarthy to help my pitching staff in shambles. Guys like Peavy, Tillman, and Masterson were also available.

The underlying numbers are even better than his solid 2011 and 2012 campaigns. It's hard to imagine a near 31 YO really maintaining massive improvements in K and GB rates, but stranger things have happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking a stab at Brandon McCarthy to help my pitching staff in shambles. Guys like Peavy, Tillman, and Masterson were also available.

The underlying numbers are even better than his solid 2011 and 2012 campaigns. It's hard to imagine a near 31 YO really maintaining massive improvements in K and GB rates, but stranger things have happened.
Maybe you've read this, but it is possible that is his changes in approach are sustainable: http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/the-new-brandon-mccarthy/

At what point do I cut bait on Masterson and/or Bailey? Possible options available: Beckett, De La Rosa, Tomlin, Paxton

12 team, 5x5 roto.

Bruce coming off the DL means I have to drop an of. I have a bunch of similar dudes.

Byrd

Jennings

Yelich

Crawford

Marte

Thoughts on who you'd drop?

At what point do I cut bait on Masterson and/or Bailey? Possible options available: Beckett, De La Rosa, Tomlin, Paxton

12 team, 5x5 roto.
i cut masterson mid start last night. I had enough. Six starts giving up 5 runs or more is inexcusable. His velocity is down, he cant get lefties out and even when he was cruising yesterday he had 1 strikeout. Let him be someones elses mess and if he turns it around so be it. I wouldnt cut bailey. I think hell be fine

offered Teixeira to the Fielder owner for Utley.

Have EE at 1B and Tex has been in my UTIL spot.

My 2B are Zobrist, Prado (or Lowrie) and I'd like to upgrade there.

Good, bad, indifferent?

Wasn't watching the game but why didn't the Red Sox use Uehara in bottom of 9th (I'm assuming because OMG they didn't have the lead so the closer can't pitch?)

ETA - oops, wrong thread

Arenado broken hand...another sliding injury. Rutledge...worth one more flier in deep leagues?
he will play third? Seriously asking because I would need to put in a claim tonight.
Not sure. LeMatthew at 3b and Rut at 2b? They pulled him from the AAA game.
tey pulled him? Ok, claim in. I have some MI problems needing patched up.
Rutledge was pulled from his game with Triple-A Colorado Springs on Friday after Nolan Arenado exited the Rockies game with a broken finger, Baseball America's Tracy Ringolsby reports.
Spin:
Rutledge was hitting .327 with one home run and three steals in 52 at-bats at Triple-A, but he's had trouble hitting for a high average in his stints at the major-league level in the past. Still, he has the ability to hit for a little power and steal some bases if he were to factor prominently in the Rockies' lineup with Arenado presumably headed to the DL.
news_breaking.png

Fri, May 23

If you liked Oswaldo Arcia going into the season and sort of forgot about him after the wrist injury, now might be the time to grab him (available in 99% of ESPN leagues). He's destroying AAA and has 5 HRs in the last 10 games. Supposed to be called back up before Monday.

If you liked Oswaldo Arcia going into the season and sort of forgot about him after the wrist injury, now might be the time to grab him (available in 99% of ESPN leagues). He's destroying AAA and has 5 HRs in the last 10 games. Supposed to be called back up before Monday.
Should easily crack that lineup for 5-6 games per week, correct?

Should easily crack that lineup for 5-6 games per week, correct?
I would think so. It seems that for 3 spots (LF, RF, DH), they've essentially got 4 guys (Kubel, Parmalee, Pinto, Arcia). Pinto hasn't been playing much lately, he pretty much always hits when they do play him. Kubel hasn't done #### this year, though, you'd think he's always going to get ABs if healthy. Parmalee has cooled off since his hot spell. I'm assuming the clock struck midnight on Colabello.

It could get tricky, but he's got the most long-term upside of the bunch (other than Pinto I guess) and is hitting, so I'd assume he'll get his ABs.

If he's up by Monday as suggested, I think he gets to 5 starts this week.

Anyone with a thought on these 2-start pitchers next week:

Eovaldi: @ WSH, v ATL

Niese: v Pit, @ PHI

Hutchinson v TB, v KC

I like eovaldi the best as a pitcher, Niese's matchups the best, and Hutchinson in between, but maybe highest upside.

Any over:

Price @BOS or Lackey v ATL

H2H points league. QS: 5, L:-5, K:1, IP:3, BB:-1,H:-1,ER:-2

I have niese and eovaldi as well as skaggs this week. Im definitely startiing niese. Hes a good pitcher with two great matchups. Eovaldi has been bad lately. Alot of hits, not alot of strikeouts. He has two good matchups though. So im debating between him and skaggs as my last double start. Skaggs faces seattle and oakland. Oakland has a great offense usually but has been ice cold lately. Can you help me out here?

For yours, id rank them niese, hutchison, eovaldi and id start one over lackey

I'm moving Profar from IR to waivers and Prince from bench to IR effectively freeing up a spot. So, take a flier on Jon Singleton or use it as an extra slot to stream SP. I don't need the bat, it would just be a lottery ticket.

I'm moving Profar from IR to waivers and Prince from bench to IR effectively freeing up a spot. So, take a flier on Jon Singleton or use it as an extra slot to stream SP. I don't need the bat, it would just be a lottery ticket.
is morales available? If yes I would be patient with singleton and stream in the meantime. If someone beats you to singleton add morales.

Doesn't Profar at least have a chance to play this year?

Two Astro pitchers, both waiver pickups, may save my season. Keuchel and McHugh have been absolutely incredible. Keuchel is gone in most leagues, and has the headlines, but McHugh has been every bit as good, and is available in a lot of places.

the moops said:
Two Astro pitchers, both waiver pickups, may save my season. Keuchel and McHugh have been absolutely incredible. Keuchel is gone in most leagues, and has the headlines, but McHugh has been every bit as good, and is available in a lot of places.
To my surprise, McHugh was available in my league. Just grabbed him (dropped Roark).

the moops said:
To my surprise, McHugh was available in my league. Just grabbed him (dropped Roark).
####you Annyong

the moops said:
Picked up McHugh just before mowing down the Royals. It looks like he's been a little lucky that some flyballs haven't left the yard, but otherwise, I'm pretty excited.

At this rate, I might be counting on McHugh, McCarthy, and Jaime Garcia to be my 3 best pitchers. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread