What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adjusting the Draft Dominator based on history of my league. (1 Viewer)

sirelfman

Easy as 3.1415926535...
So this is a questions about where and how best to make some adjustments to the VBD process in Draft Dominator. It seems like a strategy question to me, but that might be a stretch, just looking for some advice.

So in the Classic version (the old, non-online, downloadable version from Bruce Henderson), I could take the historical average starters for my league, enter them and it would adjust the VBD baselines accordingly. For example, my league starting lineup is 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE, 1 PK, 1 Def. Obviously, the league averages 1 QB, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 Def, but it averages 1.023 TE, 2.38 WR and 1.59 RB. In the old DD, I could enter these numbers to adjust the VBD baseline.

My question is: How do I make this same adjustment in the new DD. I found the Position Adjustment, but it's a percent. I also found the Edit VDB Baseline, but that only accepts points. I could go through and find the VDB of, say, the 24 WR, 16 RB and 10 TE (along with the 10th of all the other positions) but I was wondering if there is a way to use the Position Adjustment, Edit Baseline, or some combination of both, to do that for me.

So this is a questions about where and how best to make some adjustments to the VBD process in Draft Dominator. It seems like a strategy question to me, but that might be a stretch, just looking for some advice.

So in the Classic version (the old, non-online, downloadable version from Bruce Henderson), I could take the historical average starters for my league, enter them and it would adjust the VBD baselines accordingly. For example, my league starting lineup is 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE, 1 PK, 1 Def. Obviously, the league averages 1 QB, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 Def, but it averages 1.023 TE, 2.38 WR and 1.59 RB. In the old DD, I could enter these numbers to adjust the VBD baseline.

My question is: How do I make this same adjustment in the new DD. I found the Position Adjustment, but it's a percent. I also found the Edit VDB Baseline, but that only accepts points. I could go through and find the VDB of, say, the 24 WR, 16 RB and 10 TE (along with the 10th of all the other positions) but I was wondering if there is a way to use the Position Adjustment, Edit Baseline, or some combination of both, to do that for me.
I’ve used the position sliders and vbd (the way you describe) to make my adjustments for years.  Works really well in my opinion.   

Users who are viewing this thread