What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adrian Peterson to the Titans (1 Viewer)

Sasgaard

Footballguy
Didn't see a thread about this. Peterson to the Titans. 

Adrian Peterson signs with Titans: Veteran joining Tennessee with Derrick Henry set to undergo foot surgery - CBSSports.com

Why is everyone just assuming that Peterson is going to be "the man" in Tennessee? Could McNichols take the role?

Why is everyone just assuming that Peterson is going to be "the man" in Tennessee? Could McNichols take the role?
RBBC with more passing is my guess. 
I do think ADP can get the 450 yards needed to pass Barry for 4th all time but I won’t be giving much to get him. 

At best, this acquisition sinks both McNichols and AP's value to a RBBC.  

I've got waivers out for both, as I have Damien Williams on a roster, but... I'm not rearranging the trophy case yet. 

[icon] said:
You seriously didn't notice the 4 existing threads on this situation? This has been being actively discussed since Monday AM. 
I didn't..I went two pages back and didn't see anything about it so no. Relax man and take a chill pill....

I didn't..I went two pages back and didn't see anything about it so no. Relax man and take a chill pill....
You went two pages back? All three of these threads were on Page one when you started this thread :lol:

Titans Without Henry > 

Derrick Henry - Top WW Pickup? > 

RB Derrick Henry, Potential Season Ending Foot Injury (Player Master Thread)  (ADP talk started at lunch yesterday, with great input from long standing Titans homeer @Bri) > 

I get you're relatively new around here, so I'll help: 

1) We generally try to keep player/scenario threads consolidated 

2) Deflecting on your #### up by telling someone politely pointing it out to "Relax" and "Take a Chill Pill" isn't going to help your cred around here. 

Do better :thumbup:  

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, if you need more info you could check any of the following threads. There's posts about AP and Henry and waivers mixed in pretty much every thread below. 

Derrick Henry - Top WW Pickup from the Titans 
RB Derrick Henry, TEN - 11.1.21 - Potential Season Ending Foot Injury 
Weekly Waiver Wire Pick Ups - Week 9 starts on Page 18
Adrian Peterson Status Updates 
Titans without Henry
RB Jeremy McNichols, TEN
RB Mekhi Sargent, TEN - Released

edit: [icon] beat me to it lol

ZADO said:
There`s a reason AP wasnt playing anywhere until now 
I bet you AP was a far better option that LAT Murray and the other waiver / FA RB's. AP wants a good sized role and waited for the right opportunity on the right situation / team philosophy that pounds the rock.

He was literally instantly signed after a workout. He's already in prime shape apparently. 

You went two pages back? All three of these threads were on Page one when you started this thread :lol:

Titans Without Henry > 

Derrick Henry - Top WW Pickup? > 

RB Derrick Henry, Potential Season Ending Foot Injury (Player Master Thread) > 

I get you're relatively new around here, so I'll help: 

1) We generally try to keep player/scenario threads consolidated 

2) Deflecting on your #### up by telling someone politely pointing it out to "Relax" and "Take a Chill Pill" isn't going to help your cred around here. 

Do better :thumbup:  
actually, none of these threads are about Adrian peterson so technically, you are 100% wrong. Not sure I'm the noob here. These threads are about Henry. My thread is about AP. Nice try and honestly, you need to get a life buddy. seriously. 

actually, not of these threads are about Adrian peterson so technically, you are 100% wrong. Not sure I'm the noon here. These threads are about Henry. My thread is about AP. Nice try and honestly, you need to get a life buddy. seriously. 

Dude... you really think Peterson isn't being discussed in the threads about Henry's injury?  :lol:   Jesus....  He was being discussed half a day before you even started this. There was better input in those threads before you even made this thread (and still is).... you were just too lazy to go read it.

As you can see above, I'm not the only person trying to point that out to you. 

...And the continued personal attacks of "Get a Life" aren't making you look any better either. If you'd like to keep posting here, might want to nip that in the bud. 

Again... Do Better :thumbup:  

What's with these board police acting like prepubescent, little girls all of the time.  Just ignore the thread like a grown man.
it's ok...65k posts...one of those guys looking for quantity instead of quality and just jumping on top of everyone just to act like the cool kid. Whatever....if that makes him feel good,  happy for him. I've been on this site since 2015 by the way, it's not because I don't post 50 posts a day that I don't pay attention and don't read the forums. The guy had his panties in a bunch for not much, let's move on. 

it's ok...65k posts...one of those guys looking for quantity instead of quality and just jumping on top of everyone just to act like the cool kid. Whatever....if that makes him feel good,  happy for him. I've been on this site since 2015 by the way, it's not because I don't post 50 posts a day that I don't pay attention and don't read the forums. The guy had his panties in a bunch for not much, let's move on. 
The guy was once part of a baseball forum where he took part in mailing a stapler around to other forum members he never met to take pictures with the stapler and then mail it to the next guy. He is FAR from cool. He's an internet bully. Pretty much says it all.

The guy was once part of a baseball forum where he took part in mailing a stapler around to other forum members he never met to take pictures with the stapler and then mail it to the next guy. He is FAR from cool. He's an internet bully. Pretty much says it all.
That actually sounds ... Pretty freaking cool 😂 Dude was making a very valid point, just came off very abrasive and condescending.

Prediction over the next 8 games. 

70 total yards per game, 5 TDs. Half the games are easy defenses, half are good defenses. 

I'm betting this is a RBBC with AP putting up modest production. I'mma go 15 touches, 57 YPG with .35 TD per game. Maybe 1-2 receptions per, 0 ReTD. 

He didn't look completely washed the last I saw him, but he didn't look spry either. 3.9 YPC? And the Titans OL is not as good as Henry made them look. He led the universe in yards after contact. Last I saw AP he went down on contact. I'm a little surprised they added him. McNichols might be the better PPR pickup. 

Moves the needle down for both IMO.

@Bri, whose opinion is should be listened to re the Titans, thinks ADP is "the guy", but his upside is maybe 60 yards and 50-60% shot at a TD.
Sounds reasonable. That’s pretty close to my projection above. I lowered the TD project slightly but yeah. 

I'm betting this is a RBBC with AP putting up modest production. I'mma go 15 touches, 57 YPG with .35 TD per game. Maybe 1-2 receptions per, 0 ReTD. 

He didn't look completely washed the last I saw him, but he didn't look spry either. 3.9 YPC? And the Titans OL is not as good as Henry made them look. He led the universe in yards after contact. Last I saw AP he went down on contact. I'm a little surprised they added him. McNichols might be the better PPR pickup. 
He was on a dreadful Detroit team though, he still managed some solid efficiency #’s in Washington before that. Titans are much better so he might squeeze out some solid games here and there. They do have a pretty soft schedule outside of the Rams and the Saints coming up. My guess is some poor numbers to start leading people to drop him, with a chance to rebound after that when the schedule lightens up.

I'm seeing him taking the goal line carries.

I'm seeing him taking the goal line carries.
Could be. I wonder how many of those there will be without Henry. He was the engine that made this offense go.

certainly worth a grab, but my expectations are somewhat low. 

Could be. I wonder how many of those there will be without Henry. He was the engine that made this offense go.

ceetainly worth a grab, but my expectations are somewhat low. 
This team will no doubt miss Henry. They gotta try something though to not tank the team's morale now that their leader is gone (I think Henry is their leader?) 

I'm hearing that Peterson will be the main force and will be the guy to score goal line carries. Bloom is one such source and others are predicting Peterson the far better play then McNichols, who will do some work as a receiver and probably a few more carries to boot. I see many spending big FAB budget on McNichols - in one of my leagues he went for $57, next highest $11. 

As a Henry owner, he sits on my IR cuz I am choosing to hold for now, I pivoted to Peterson for $5. I can see Peterson pounding the rock with a one last leash on RB life and potential to make a playoff run as Henry heals. I'd take 70 yards and a .5 to .6 TD. Peterson is also not immune to scoring multiple TD's in any game. (He "should" make defenses defend the pounding of the rock allowing AJ Brown to flourish as well). Probably will sit him this week anyway as my other options seem plausible to fill RB's and Flex - Patterson, M Carter, and Claypool. If I hear news trending Peterson's way, I may play him at Flex this week over Claypool who has been sputtering. 

Dude... you really think Peterson isn't being discussed in the threads about Henry's injury?  :lol:   Jesus....  He was being discussed half a day before you even started this. There was better input in those threads before you even made this thread (and still is).... you were just too lazy to go read it.

As you can see above, I'm not the only person trying to point that out to you. 

...And the continued personal attacks of "Get a Life" aren't making you look any better either. If you'd like to keep posting here, might want to nip that in the bud. 

Again... Do Better :thumbup:  
It would be easy enough for the mods to consolidate them.

Come on guys. Way to treat a newish guy. Such better ways to explain how the threads work. Sure, ideally, every member would exhaustively read the rules before making post #1, but we're humans here.
He's been here 6 years. :lol:   I was being being playful about the new guy thing. How long do you expect a grown man to require to learn forum etiquette? 

I started rather politely.  A simple, "my bad, I somehow missed that 10% of the threads on the first page we're already covering this topic, I'll use my eyeballs next time" was on the table. He chose a different path. C'est la vie. 

:lol:  poor shady. we gotta get you some new material, GB. 

If you think THAT was the worst drunken late night idea I had in my early 20s, I can provide a list of muuuuuch better stuff for you to keep digging up for the next 20 years.   :thumbup:   :banned:  

Now... back on topic. 

As far as this week, what do you think the RB carry division is?  

I dont see AP coming in off the street with 2-3 practices and getting more than 20% of the snaps.  No preaseason or camp for a 36 year old.  I know he is a freak and also stays in shape but his legs wont be ready.  

I have been wrong before.  I believe this is a McNichols game and Vrabel changes up the offense to look more like the Titans 2 minute offense.  I think McNicholls has a chance to lock down the job to be honest.  At least between the 20s.

It would be easy enough for the mods to consolidate them.
Not really. We looked at that and each had unique and valuable points. I know some on the forum love the idea of every single issue for years on end all piled into one giant non descriptive thread for that player. But I don't. VERY often, much better discussion will be generated when the specific topic and that player are highlighted. And my goal is have a forum that generates good discussion. If that comes at the "cost" of more than one thread concerning a player, so be it. 

Users who are viewing this thread