What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ahmad Bradshaw Outlook (1 Viewer)

Most of us who have Bradshaw have gotten very good return on their investment (late pick I'm guessing). Nearing the halfway point of the season, what is the shark play for Bradshaw owners? Are you cashing out and using him as a trade chip to help strenghten your team elsewhere? Or do you expect he holds up all year and would rather hang on to him?

I know everyone's teams and needs are different, but I'm just trying to get a sense of what others are thinking in regards to whether it's time to sell high on Ahmad or just continue to enjoy the ride.
It's hard to trade in the league I'm in but with his injury risk people aren't touching him....it seems like if you have him you gotta ride it out and hope for the best.
This is more or less my experience with him and most players saddled with the "fragile" label, past and present.

RB5 in PPR. Granted hasn't had bye week yet.

Seems like the TD numbers will regress some and you have the injury concerns... but with the lack of RB options in FF I don't know how you trade him right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of us who have Bradshaw have gotten very good return on their investment (late pick I'm guessing). Nearing the halfway point of the season, what is the shark play for Bradshaw owners? Are you cashing out and using him as a trade chip to help strenghten your team elsewhere? Or do you expect he holds up all year and would rather hang on to him?

I know everyone's teams and needs are different, but I'm just trying to get a sense of what others are thinking in regards to whether it's time to sell high on Ahmad or just continue to enjoy the ride.
Well, I would love to package him, partly because of the injury risk but mostly because I own him in a 2 RB league (WR/TE flex) where I already own Murray and Ellington, so outside of Murray's bye week or an injury, he won't be cracking my starting lineup.

Ideally, I'd package him with either Brady or Kelce to a RB-needy team that has a stud QB or TE. But I just don't see people paying a premium for Bradshaw. Reminds me of last year when I had a similar situation with Fred Jackson. The only thing that saved me was that I managed to pick up Andre Brown off the WW, then turn him and FJax into Gronk (pre-injury).

I'd love for that to happen again, but for Bradshaw alone, I doubt you'd get a really huge upgrade anywhere. Mohammed Sanu, maybe?

I dunno, as a Bradshaw owner I actually prefer to have have Richardson healthy and playing. I don't feel that he was taking away many carries from Bradshaw and who knows how the splits in carries will play out with Herron or whoever else they bring in to replace Trent. Also, I'm worried that an increased work load will raise the risk of a serious injury.

Putting it simply, the status quo has been working fantastically for Bradshaw. Fixing something that isn't broken always comes with some downside risk. I hope I'm wrong of course.

Im glad TRich is down. Herron to make sure Bradshaw isn't overburdened, but they entrust more goal line runs to Bradshaw ( TRich was getting his fair share ).

That's what I'm hoping anyway

This T-Rich news has me wondering if I could actually put Bradshaw into my starting lineup this week over Ellington (my other RB is Murray, and we can only start two). He has been putting up better numbers so far this year, but that is almost entirely due to the TDs, which I keep thinking are unsustainable but somehow keep happening.

This T-Rich news has me wondering if I could actually put Bradshaw into my starting lineup this week over Ellington (my other RB is Murray, and we can only start two). He has been putting up better numbers so far this year, but that is almost entirely due to the TDs, which I keep thinking are unsustainable but somehow keep happening.
Its because the Colts offense is better than arz. Ellington should stay on your bench

I thought the same around week 3 or 4 and sat him for a game, but it was a mistake and he's started ever since. We're half way into the regular fantasy season and he's still around top 5 in RB scoring.

I never managed to draft a true RB1 this year though, so it's been easy starting him every week

In a league where I have good depth, I offered Bradshaw and Matty Ice for FJax and A Rodgers to an RB hungry team. we decided to wait a week since we're head to head this week, but she will likely accept the deal. It seems like next week's byes will only enhance his value, so this may be the sell high moment.

MNF next week back at NYG where he played most of his years.

I keep saying there's no way he can continue his TD pace, and he keeps scoring TDs every damn week.

Beast.

Thinking he s going to be a value player for FF..Can't ever say much because of the injuries but I expect TRICH will give him the opportunity to play and we never see anything except production from Bradshaw when he does.

He will probably be the type of guy that starts playing around week 12 1 on a consistent basis and wins guys ff leagues.
Fixed. I had the idea but sold him short. My bad, Brad.

I traded him last week along with Kelce for Gronkowski to a team desperate for RB help. Still have Murray, Hillman, Ingram, Mason and Sims in a start 2 RB (no flex) league so I felt I could afford to lose Bradshaw. That deal likely wouldn't have been made after the week Gronk just had but trying to give a gauge of trade value.

crazy to trade him prior to Bradshaw getting to play against Giants. OC's and coaches usually cooperate in play calling to feature who guy who has extra juice going in his veins playing against a team that released him.

Could be his biggest game of the year.

crazy to trade him prior to Bradshaw getting to play against Giants. OC's and coaches usually cooperate in play calling to feature who guy who has extra juice going in his veins playing against a team that released him.

Could be his biggest game of the year.
Yes a bit crazy, but I just dealt him in a package deal that netted me Jordy. This was a small window for me since Jordy is on a bye. Worth taking an 'L' this week if necessary.

i don't get why he's not getting more touches. he AVERAGED about 10 yds. / touch tonight on mnf vs. NYG. so, pep decides to give heron 8 carries for 10 yds... fugly.

i do get we don't need bradshaw getting 25 touches a game w/ his injury history, but damn. richardson is well, richardson. yea he looks a little better this year, but the "rolling ball of butcher knives" is JAG. aside from his rookie year, he's slightly better than a turd.

sure, it sounds greedy for a late round RB draft hit (and possible SOD candidate if he keeps it up), but why IND doesn't find a way to get AB 15+ touches / game is just plain stupid.

/ rant.

i don't get why he's not getting more touches. he AVERAGED about 10 yds. / touch tonight on mnf vs. NYG. so, pep decides to give heron 8 carries for 10 yds... fugly.

i do get we don't need bradshaw getting 25 touches a game w/ his injury history, but damn. richardson is well, richardson. yea he looks a little better this year, but the "rolling ball of butcher knives" is JAG. aside from his rookie year, he's slightly better than a turd.

sure, it sounds greedy for a late round RB draft hit (and possible SOD candidate if he keeps it up), but why IND doesn't find a way to get AB 15+ touches / game is just plain stupid.

/ rant.
Think it might be because the game was completely out of hand?

They started the game throwing, the RBs only touched the ball twice in the first quarter. Then the rout happened, then he went to the bench because theres no point in having a vet playing late in 4th quarter of a blow out.

/ rant.
Clearly they're trying to preserve him. Heron's touches all came during garbage time. Luck was still in the game but AB/TR were out. Considering TRich's recent injury and Bradshaw's history, it's hard to argue with the logic.

You can complain all you want, but when a team is 6-3 and scoring 40 points/game, odds are they aren't going to switch things up just for the benefit of fantasy owners.

/ rant.
Think it might be because the game was completely out of hand?
ok, i'll give you that. and i wasn't able to watch the game, so if those 8 carries for 10 yards were on the last 2-3 series to burn the clock then mea culpa. but, what's herron doing in the game w/ trich back?

not ranting b/c i lost my game (won handily), and i know i'm just being greedy, but what the eff is pep thinking not getting him AT LEAST half of the overall RB carries? my guess it's the GM / HC justifying the trade for richardson, but it's just blowing up in their face. herron? meh... 3 headed monster? ONE GUY is producing there week after week. hell, (via highlights) he saved a FB fumble mid air and turned it into a nice 1st down.

/ rant.
Clearly they're trying to preserve him. Heron's touches all came during garbage time. Luck was still in the game but AB/TR were out. Considering TRich's recent injury and Bradshaw's history, it's hard to argue with the logic.

You can complain all you want, but when a team is 6-3 and scoring 40 points/game, odds are they aren't going to switch things up just for the benefit of fantasy owners.
understood and again, didn't watch the game, but as was mentioned above how do you run the ball 2x in 15 minutes? we're entering mid season and we're into november. this team better develop their running game if they want any chance to go deep into the post season. this was the giants FFS.

done #####'in. apologies. it just seems like an abomination to have one guy averaging 10 yds every time he touches the ball for JAGs.

they WILL need to be able to make teams game plan for their running game as they aspire to make a SB run.

/ rant.

understood and again, didn't watch the game, but as was mentioned above how do you run the ball 2x in 15 minutes? we're entering mid season and we're into november. this team better develop their running game if they want any chance to go deep into the post season. this was the giants FFS. done #####'in. apologies. it just seems like an abomination to have one guy averaging 10 yds every time he touches the ball for JAGs.

they WILL need to be able to make teams game plan for their running game as they aspire to make a SB run.
Herron got all his carries when the colts were up big. They barely ran the ball anyway last night. Its kind of amazing bradshaw got the numbers be did. Bet he has a big game vs ne

Maybe just seeing what I want to see, but even just in running out the clock 3 downs in a row in a rout, Boom Herron sure looks better than TRich.

Bradshaw continues to look brilliant even with his limited touches last night. So shifty and always seems to create extra yards himself.

I'm not bothered by last night, it was his floor and it was enough to drag me over the line with my matchup.

Main reason he didn't get a TD was because the Giants were hyper aware of him for most of the night due to the ex player thing. That's the way it seemed to me.

Main reason he didn't get a TD was because the Giants were hyper aware of him for most of the night due to the ex player thing. That's the way it seemed to me.
Yes, Gruden mentioned that at one point. Colts used that to their advantage by play-faking to him, which left Allen wide open for the bunny.

Bradshaw continues to look brilliant even with his limited touches last night. So shifty and always seems to create extra yards himself.

I'm not bothered by last night, it was his floor and it was enough to drag me over the line with my matchup.

And the one time he was open for a score, Luck was under pressure and didn't see him wide open to his right.

https://twitter.com/mchappell51/status/534213994261659648

#colts Ahmad Bradshaw on crutches with protective boot on left leg in locker room. Expecting him to miss extended time. Got bad vibes. @rtv6

Ahmad Bradshaw was forced from Sunday night's Week 11 game against the Patriots with a lower leg injury.
He's done for the night. Bradshaw was shaken up after failing to convert on two straight goal-line carries in the fourth quarter. He had just 11 total yards before being taken out. Bradshaw will undergo x-rays to determine the severity, but it's a concern given his injury history. Trent Richardson would see an increased workload if Bradshaw misses time, with Dan Herron taking over as the No. 2 back.

He was having a great year. I love the way Bradshaw plays and am really bummed for him. Salt in the wound that the injury came one carry after a near-TD at the half yard line.

Tough break for Bradshaw. I've always liked him and especially now since I'm a Colts fan. With that said, I'm excited to see Dan "Boom" Herron get his shot! I think he takes over in 3 games. He's better than Richardson, younger than Bradshaw and can be a spark to the running game that the Colts need.

Odds that Bradshaw makes it 16 NFL games? Maybe 10%. This will be Bradshaw's last year in the NFL. I can see Trent Richardson falling on his face and sucking, but Bradshaw is not the answer for the Colts.
The Colts cannot plan on Bradshaw staying healthy year in and year out. The guy was very cheap for his production this year and it is clear that he is way better than Trent (not saying much). There will be a free agent pickup or rookie in the draft that goes to the Colts and blows up in 2015.

Odds that Bradshaw makes it 16 NFL games? Maybe 10%. This will be Bradshaw's last year in the NFL. I can see Trent Richardson falling on his face and sucking, but Bradshaw is not the answer for the Colts.
The Colts cannot plan on Bradshaw staying healthy year in and year out. The guy was very cheap for his production this year and it is clear that he is way better than Trent (not saying much). There will be a free agent pickup or rookie in the draft that goes to the Colts and blows up in 2015.
OPen the door for Marshawn Lynch??? That would be nice.

Well..it was nice while it lasted so I can't cry. I said early on in the thread that this would be a guy that would either carry teams if he came on late or kill them when he inevitably gets hurt so it's not like the hand writing wasn't on the wall.

Really hate it for the real-life Colts. He was a difference maker and exactly what they were needing.

Users who are viewing this thread