What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ahman Green/Westbrook any word? (1 Viewer)

I haven't been able to find anything on Westbrook or Stallworth....still searching.

WR Donte' Stallworth (hamstring) is reportedly expected to play Monday night against the Packers.

Stallworth is listed as questionable after not playing in Week 3, so you'll want to check back later tonight to make sure he's a go.

Source: PhillyBurbs.com

Source Rotoworld

Pur news blogger had the Stallworth news this morning.....

October 2, 2006, 10:23

Eagles :: WR

WR Stallworth Expected To Start Tonight

Reuben Frank, PhillyBurbs.com - [Full Article]

New Packers HC Mike McCarthy isn't surprised to see that WR Donte Stallworth is off to a good start with the Eagles. Stallworth didn't play against San Francisco because of a hamstring strain but was 11-for-222 with two touchdowns the first two weeks of the season. He's expected to start tonight. “I'm very fond of him personally,” said McCarthy, who left the Saints after the 2004 season. "He's at the point where he's going to come into his own. He's an explosive young man with excellent speed, and the one thing I've always admired the most about him was his toughness. He's very, very tough."

And I will find something on Westbook if I can.

i apologize for not having a link (i'll search when i have time), but RE: WESTY, i read somewhere that he practiced saturday and is expected to start.

I think the reason I havent had to post anything on BW is because he is good to go. I have been checking every Eagles link we have and dont see anything about Westbrook not playing.

So at least as of now, Westbrook, Stallworth, and Green are all starting?

Is it accurate that they are expecting rain for the game tonight? I would think that might change things for both Stallworth and Green, potentially.

So at least as of now, Westbrook, Stallworth, and Green are all starting?Is it accurate that they are expecting rain for the game tonight? I would think that might change things for both Stallworth and Green, potentially.
Yesterday weather.com had 0% chance of rain for the first few hours of the game then 30% later that night.

Here's the latest from FBG News blogger.

September 30, 2006, 18:02

Eagles :: RB

RB Westbrook Returns To Practice

Marc Narducci, Philadelphia Inquirer - [Full Article]

Philadelphia Eagles running back Brian Westbrook practiced with the team on Saturday for the first time this week and is expected to play in Monday's contest against the Green Bay Packers.

October 2, 2006, 10:32

Packers :: RB

RB Green Uncertain, RB Morency, RB Herron To Play

Mike Spofford, Packers.com - [Full Article]

RB Ahman Green was downgraded from probable to questionable for this week after he tweaked his hamstring Friday. His status is still undecided. Green played effectively with a tender hamstring last week, but HC McCarthy said this injury is his other hamstring. "I'm hopeful he's going to play, just based on the information we have," McCarthy said. McCarthy plans to work RB Vernand Morency into the early downs, with RB Noah Herron going on third downs. Both will play regardless of Green's health. Their overall workload could vary, and will depend on Green.

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL Network's Brian Baldinger just reported at 6:35 pm EST that Eagles RB Brian Westbrook is "favoring his left knee badly" while getting ready to warm up for the Packers game.

I thought I was good to go with the choice of selecting either, but now they're both out? Sheesh. Well I think I already had the win in that league anyway.

Is any reliable source reporting this yet, or just ESPN?

ETA: That sell Westbrook high thread I spoke out in doesn't look so crazy now, huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
na, the way ESPN has told the story I'd say there is .00001 chance they're wrong. They just went through the whole weekend of how bad its been for Westbrook with his knee and how he was limping yesterday. He had so much swelling they thought he wouldn't play today.

He did a little work today and decided there was no way he was playing.

This story sounds very legit and is all over the TV. No way this is wrong.

What's the medical cause for his knee swelling every week?

Not to overreact, but are they considering surgery? Doesn't sound like he can make it through the season like this....

Milwaukee WISN Channel 12

Is reporting that both Ahman Green and Brian Westbrook are OUT for this evening's game.

For GB - Morency is in at RB and Brandon Miree is in at FB in place of Henderson (inactive).

Users who are viewing this thread