What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All keepers are officially set. Who to take!?!?!?!? (1 Viewer)

shalna

Footballguy
12 team .5ppr 2 keeper league. 1qb 3wr 2rb 1te 1wr/rb/te 

I’m picking 5th and have kept Bell and Beckham. Here’s the players kept of the teams picking before me.

Team 1-Elliott,Johnson

Team 2-will fuller,Lynch guy is and idiot horrid roster

Team 3-Julio,Gurley

Team 4-Keenan Allen,McKinnon 

Team 5-MY PICK

Here is who is still available 

barkley

michael thomas

davantae Adams 

baldwin

evans

TY Hilton

kelce

ertz

Hill

Thielen

mixon

Diggs

Guice

drake

Obviously Barkley and Thomas will be first 2 picks. Who would your targets be for my team picking 5th????? As you can see a ton of rbs were kept including McCoy 

Here is the order of how I'd rank the top 5 so I'd take them in this order:

Barkley
Thomas
Evans
Adams 
Kelce
Hilton

Please give me your thoughts on my trade question.  Thanks!  :thumbup:

Here is the order of how I'd rank the top 5 so I'd take them in this order:

Barkley
Thomas
Evans
Adams 
Kelce
Hilton

Please give me your thoughts on my trade question.  Thanks!  :thumbup:
What is your personal reasoning behind taking a tight end so high? Always seems that it thins out the wr/rb position on your roster

What is your personal reasoning behind taking a tight end so high? Always seems that it thins out the wr/rb position on your roster
Positional scarcity.

After Gronk and Kelce there is a tier drop and then maybe Ertz (who was very TD dependent) and Engram (if you believe he is still going to grow).

Getting one of those top two guys puts you at a competitive advantage for few players at other positions can give you since everyone need to start at least one TE.

Remember, it's not how many points you score, it's how many more points you score than your opponent. 

Positional scarcity.

After Gronk and Kelce there is a tier drop and then maybe Ertz (who was very TD dependent) and Engram (if you believe he is still going to grow).

Getting one of those top two guys puts you at a competitive advantage for few players at other positions can give you since everyone need to start at least one TE.

Remember, it's not how many points you score, it's how many more points you score than your opponent. 
When does positional scarcity come into play tho? You could say that about taking Kelce in the 2nd round then. Can grab a guy like Delanie Walker in the what like 6-8 range and he had 800 yards 3tds last year. I never understand the TE early thing. But I see he could be best available when I pick 

I'd rank them Barkley, Thomas, Adams, Mixon, Hill. I can see the argument for having Kelce in there but I think you'd be better of waiting on the TE instead of using a 1st round pick on one.

I'd rank them Barkley, Thomas, Adams, Mixon, Hill. I can see the argument for having Kelce in there but I think you'd be better of waiting on the TE instead of using a 1st round pick on one.
Technically it’s the 3rd round. Everyone lost their 1-2 round picks. So that’s right around where I see Kelce going 

Here is the order for me:

1. Barkley (assuming keep forever he has to go first)
  2. Thomas (seems obvious)
  3. Hill (I think he is a top 5 WR and will continue to get better)
  4. Evans (worried about QB but still better than the rest)
  5. Mixon (Not happy with this but upside is better than the rest)
  6. Thielen/Diggs (not sure which I would do first)
  7. Diggs/Thielen (other but not sure which)
  8. Kelce (I don't really like anybody else left)
  9. Adams (I probably wouldn't take him though because I don't trust his concussion situation)
  10. Baldwin (I don't trust him either and probably wouldn't take him)
  11. Ertz
  12. Guice (assuming it is a keep forever type league)
  13. Hilton
  14. Drake

Here is the order for me:

1. Barkley (assuming keep forever he has to go first)
  2. Thomas (seems obvious)
  3. Hill (I think he is a top 5 WR and will continue to get better)
  4. Evans (worried about QB but still better than the rest)
  5. Mixon (Not happy with this but upside is better than the rest)
  6. Thielen/Diggs (not sure which I would do first)
  7. Diggs/Thielen (other but not sure which)
  8. Kelce (I don't really like anybody else left)
  9. Adams (I probably wouldn't take him though because I don't trust his concussion situation)
  10. Baldwin (I don't trust him either and probably wouldn't take him)
  11. Ertz
  12. Guice (assuming it is a keep forever type league)
  13. Hilton
  14. Drake
Hill 3rd eeeeh. Seems too boom or bust with a 3rd pick. Other forums are saying they like the idea of pairing Kelce with Bell and obj? What’re your thoughts? I’m always a guy who treats tight ends like toilet paper lol. Earliest I’ve ever taken one was last year round 5 and that was Olsen 

Hill 3rd eeeeh. Seems too boom or bust with a 3rd pick. Other forums are saying they like the idea of pairing Kelce with Bell and obj? What’re your thoughts? I’m always a guy who treats tight ends like toilet paper lol. Earliest I’ve ever taken one was last year round 5 and that was Olsen 
I don't have Hill as my 3rd overall pick.  I have him as the third player based on the list you provided.  I gave my reasons.  He is explosive and doesn't need a ton of targets to make a difference.  He is a top 5 WR to me.  I don't see him as boom/bust.  He was very consistent last year and should improve this year. 

I don't take TE's high unless it's a TE premium scoring league.  I think you can find serviceable guys later and would rather solidify my RB/WR spots. 

Users who are viewing this thread