What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Am I starting the right DBs? (1 Viewer)

El Floppo

Footballguy
We start 4 or 5 based on the set... I'm opting for 4 because I've got marginally better DLs and going 4 there too (4-3-4). Am I starting the right guys (in bold)?

Return yards count,

2pts/INT

1pt/PD

2pt/Tackle (1pt/0.5)

3pts/Sack

McGee, Terrence BUF CB at Patriots Sun

Trufant, Marcus SEA CB at Lions

Adams, Mike SFO S at Cardinals

Bullocks, Daniel DET S vs Seahawks

Harris, Chris CHI S at Packers

Hawkins, Artrell NEP S vs Bills

Jackson, Dexter CIN S at Chiefs

McCree, Marlon SDC S at Raiders

Pollard, Bernard KCC S vs Bengals

Wesley, Greg KCC S vs Bengals

I'm seriously thinking about Adams instead of McCree... figure Warner's going to be throwing to his WRs a bit (I actually think SF will do a decent job vs the ARI run), giving Adams a lot of work.

Ideas?

We start 4 or 5 based on the set... I'm opting for 4 because I've got marginally better DLs and going 4 there too (4-3-4). Am I starting the right guys (in bold)?

Return yards count,

2pts/INT

1pt/PD

2pt/Tackle (1pt/0.5)

3pts/Sack

I'm seriously thinking about Adams instead of McCree... figure Warner's going to be throwing to his WRs a bit (I actually think SF will do a decent job vs the ARI run), giving Adams a lot of work.

Ideas?
I'd start Wesley over McCree.

Thanks guys. Wesley... hmmmm- wasn't really thinking about him this week. For my own education from the masters, I'd love to hear a little reasoning about that.

Any thoughts on Adams this week? Am I off base thinking he's going to be covering a lot of ground and getting lots of opportunities for FF points going up against Fitz and Boldin?

Return yards count,

2pts/INT

1pt/PD

2pt/Tackle (1pt/0.5)

3pts/Sack

Ideas?
I'd start Wesley over McCree.
I was thinking the same thing.

Wow people are really sleeping on Marcus Trufant this year huh?

The guy is a Pass Defended producer who puts consistent point up week after week.

Wesley and Trufant......take out McGee and Harris in my eyes.

A lot more to chew on... thanks for the suggestions.

I'd love to hear some reasoning (ie: Trufant's PD production) along with the suggestions, if you don't mind. Still trying to understand how and why Wesley is the guy.

and FWIW- no way do I sit McGee; with return yards, he's my leading DB scorer by quite a margin.

If Mike Brown starts...

McGee/Wesley/Jackson/McCree

In this scoring system (tackle 2x PD, tackle = INT), you shouldn't start a corner unless they are excellent in run support. Trufant is a nice player, but he tailed off significantly after Ken Lucas left for Carolina last season and teams no longer targeted his side of the field. 93 total tackles in 2004, 64 is 2005. 5 INT and 20 PD in 2004, 1 INT and 14 PD in 2005. He's become the typical good cover, average run support corner and a killer in your system unless you pick the right week to start him. Nine weeks less than 5 points by FBG scoring last season, which is more generous to PD than yours.

So you go with the guys most likely to make tackles unless there's a solid reason not to -- consistent big play ability, return game in your system. There's an argument to be made about Mike Adams I suppose, but I'd rather play the other three safeties.

If Mike Brown starts...McGee/Wesley/Jackson/McCreeIn this scoring system (tackle 2x PD, tackle = INT), you shouldn't start a corner unless they are excellent in run support. Trufant is a nice player, but he tailed off significantly after Ken Lucas left for Carolina last season and teams no longer targeted his side of the field. 93 total tackles in 2004, 64 is 2005. 5 INT and 20 PD in 2004, 1 INT and 14 PD in 2005. He's become the typical good cover, average run support corner and a killer in your system unless you pick the right week to start him. Nine weeks less than 5 points by FBG scoring last season, which is more generous to PD than yours.So you go with the guys most likely to make tackles unless there's a solid reason not to -- consistent big play ability, return game in your system. There's an argument to be made about Mike Adams I suppose, but I'd rather play the other three safeties.
:bow: Thanks Jene!

Users who are viewing this thread