What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

American Trucker Convoy to DC - Disorganized Mess So Far (1 Viewer)

Yea I can't see this thing making it to DC and if they do it will be a couple hundred people. They have asked for a permit to protest at least. So maybe no traffic will be disrupted to the thanks of many. 
Well the fact we have our highest gas prices since 2014 is probably a good deterrent.  Atta boy Joe!!!

That is a bit more complicated.  Of you consider the baby just a clump of cells, it would be an elitist position.  If you see that clump of cells as a human baby, then you protecting the basic right to life that we all have agreed is morally correct.  
So the pro lifers are deciding for the rest of us what that clump of cells is?

Sounds pretty dang elitist to me. 

Even the Wapo reported that was false... but you do you

Yes, the initial press reports were untrue:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/police-did-not-clear-d-c-s-lafayette-park-protestors-n1270126

Police did not clear D.C.'s Lafayette Square of protesters so Trump could hold a photo op, new report says

WASHINGTON — When federal police officers violently cleared protesters from the city's Lafayette Square in June 2020, they did it so a contractor could install fencing — not to let President Donald Trump hold a photo opportunity at a nearby church, an investigation by the Interior Department's inspector general has found.

That finding, published Wednesday, is likely to surprise many critics of Trump, who have long asserted that the president or his attorney general ordered the operation to pave the way for an act of political theater. That is also the central allegation of a federal lawsuit by Black Lives Matter against the Justice Department.

The report found no evidence of that, but did find that Attorney General William Barr urged officials to speed up the clearing process once Trump had decided to walk through the area that evening.

[...]

So the pro lifers are deciding for the rest of us what that clump of cells is?

Sounds pretty dang elitist to me. 

Of course it would because you are being intentionally obtuse not to recognize the difference between the government taking away a person's individual right and the government intervention into stopping a person from violating the rights of another.  But that is what liberals do to make their obscene case for their dream of a big authoritarian government.

Secretary Pete Buttigieg

@SecretaryPete

If you've eaten something today, if you got dressed this morning, if you like the device you're using to read this...thank a truck driver.

Now we need to make sure these essential workers get the compensation and working conditions they deserve.

10:57 AM · Feb 23, 2022
Right on Pete

No, nice try. But this is incorrect. 
I very much agree with the cause of Black Lives Matter. But when they block traffic they should be arrested. I’ve posted this several times now so please stop claiming otherwise. 
I’m just playing with you. 😉

You actually have been consistent on the traffic bit.  And I also agree with you the Civil Rights marches in the 60’s would be an exception to that, though the Southern motorists and police back then probably would have killed them.  By the way, great show on Frontline last week about the Civil Rights murders in the South, Natchez Mississippi in particular.  When I see stuff like that it amazes me that this reality existed in my lifetime.

That is a bit more complicated.  Of you consider the baby just a clump of cells, it would be an elitist position.  If you see that clump of cells as a human baby, then you protecting the basic right to life that we all have agreed is morally correct.  
Let’s keep it simple, to something most reasonable people agree on. Current estimates are that between 4,500 to 11,000 fetuses are aborted in the US each year after 20 weeks. This video, which I hope everyone will watch, shows  a 20 week fetus moving around, stretching, and grabbing the umbilical cord inside his mother’s womb.  https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy/trimesters/unreal-video-watch-a-fetus-move-and-stretch-at-20-weeks-alon_20001148

I really don't understand why people engage in off-topic arguments with someone whose goal is to derail every thread they are in--especially someone incapable of critical thinking.   

There are abortion and BLM threads.   This isn't one of them.   

Stop taking the stinky bait.

I really don't understand why people engage in off-topic arguments with someone whose goal is to derail every thread they are in--especially someone incapable of critical thinking.   

There are abortion and BLM threads.   This isn't one of them.   

Stop taking the stinky bait.

Lol...says the guy who stalks and trolls me.  First off, I was not the one who brought up abortion.  Second off, you have no idea what my goals are.  You are pathetic with your obsession with me.   You are a liar and/or lack intelligence if you think I am incapable of critical thinking.

Of course being the liberal you are, you first make things personal, then report it.  

Lol...says the guy who stalks and trolls me.  First off, I was not the one who brought up abortion.  Second off, you have no idea what my goals are.  You are pathetic with your obsession with me.   You are a liar and/or lack intelligence if you think I am incapable of critical thinking.

Of course being the liberal you are, you first make things personal, then report it.  
Pretty uncool generalization of liberals.  

Since someone quoted him:  

jon, I don't stalk or troll you.   I want to ignore you.   but you keep derailing threads by posting your hatred of all things "left" or "leftist" (you know those are different things, right?) and especially anything having to do with race.  you're now attacking "the elitist left" about  abortion in a thread about a convoy of truckers.   does that make any sense to you?   

If you would keep your antifa/BLM rants out of the 1/6 thread or actually post about a topic you're in, nobody would bother to quote you and I'd be happy to just engage in the topic at hand.  

I continue to encourage others to ignore your agenda of hijacking threads and spreading hate.   Your contributions are the same in every thread.  You hate blacks and liberals.   We got it.  

dozer said:
A quick update on the primary American trucker convoy:

The major route shared on Telegram is set to take off from a parking lot in Adelanto, California in a few minutes.

There are probably a couple hundred people milling about, but maybe a dozen semis.

The plan is to head to a pizza shop in a small Arizona town by tonight and pick up stragglers along the way.

The problem is, not everybody’s committing to this thing past the pizza shop.

Even the person running the most-watched livestream is bailing after Arizona.

THE SCAM IS AFOOT:

They claim they’ve raised about $465,000. You can “buy a seat on a convoy truck.”

You can even bid to ride shotgun in the “Operation Headquarter Bus,”

...basically ride in the bunk seat in the front cab, with bids starting at $250,000.

The American trucker convoy, at present, is very, very disorganized.

Attendance is a tiny fraction of the tens of thousands in Telegram groups. But it meets the technical definition of a convoy if you include F-150s and Corollas,

...and they’ve raised a ton of cash.
Back to our regularly scheduled programming, although I think the whole thing is pretty stupid, I like that this guy is making it clear that he's not going to get all 1/6 wacky:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/california-convoy-opposing-covid-19-mandates-hits-the-road-1.5793104

A statement issued by organizers of the Adelanto group called it "The People's Convoy" and said it was multicultural and nonpartisan, although there were Trump flags at the rally.

The statement said "COVID is well-in-hand now, and Americans need to get back to work in a free and unrestricted manner."

It pledged a "100% safe, lawful and peaceful journey" that will "terminate in the vicinity of the DC area, but will NOT be going into DC proper." Arrival was scheduled for March 5.

...and nonpartisan?   this is 100% Trumpy.  

IvanKaramazov said:
It's always funny when people stumble into these situations by asking "I wonder if people in the other tribe will be consistent here?" and never by asking "I wonder if people in my own tribe will be consistent here?"
People should stumble into these situations by asking "I wonder if I will be consistent here?"

I actually support these trucker's right to protest as long as they aren't violent and I completely disagree with what they are protesting.  If they feel like blocking roadways helps get their point across then I saw go for it.

jon, I don't stalk or troll you.   I want to ignore you.   but you keep derailing threads by posting your hatred of all things "left" or "leftist" (you know those are different things, right?) and especially anything having to do with race.  you're now attacking "the elitist left" about  abortion in a thread about a convoy of truckers.   does that make any sense to you?   

If you would keep your antifa/BLM rants out of the 1/6 thread or actually post about a topic you're in, nobody would bother to quote you and I'd be happy to just engage in the topic at hand.  

I continue to encourage others to ignore your agenda of hijacking threads and spreading hate.   Your contributions are the same in every thread.  You hate blacks and liberals.   We got it.  
Jon doesn’t hate blacks. He may hate liberals though. 

do you want to edit that?

I think Jon just won the debate.  :thumbup:

Remember this thing?

This Twitter user, Sara Aniano, is a graduate student at Monmouth University. She is doing a research project on Trumpist groups, namely the trucker convoys...

Here she reports on recent social media posts from the American convoy...

"There's a lot to be said about how the crisis in Ukraine is affecting the US convoy supporters. But I keep seeing this theme of...jealousy, almost. They want to be the focus again. They want pity. And they don't like that Americans care about something that isn't America."

"...But another theme recurs here: That what's happening in Ukraine is comparable to the mandates being enforced in the US."

Who will speak for those persecuted and stripped of their freedoms. The true victims of oppressive government. “No masky on facy “

I’ve said for a while that Invision needs to implement a feature that ignores replies to people you have on ignore.  Would make threads so much easier to read.

Trucker #1, "where do we go to get organized?"

Trucker #2, "Truth Social."

Trucker #1, "I'm number 231,567. When do I get directions?"

Trucker #2, "Soon. Just keep donating and check back."

Here’s where you lost me…
I'll make the analogy so you can understand it. BLM is MAGA for the left. They get the base fired up, collect a lot of money, none of the money goes where they say it does and when called on it blame it on the other side. 

Users who are viewing this thread