What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

amicsta's Dynasy Rankings (post-draft) (1 Viewer)

amicsta

Footballguy
In case you have a rookie draft coming up in the near future, here are my official 2014 Dynasty Rookie Rankings:

Top 36

Tier 1

1. Mike Evans, WR, TB
  2. Sammy Watkins, WR, BUF
  3. Brandin Cooks, WR, NO
  4. Bishop Sankey, RB, TEN
    Tier 2
  5. Davante Adams, WR, GB
  6. Eric Ebron, TE, DET
  7. Jordan Matthews, WR, PHI
  8. Cody Latimer, WR, DEN
  9. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, TB
  10. Johnny Manziel, QB, CLE
  11. Allen Robinson, WR, JAC
    Tier 3
  12. Kelvin Benjamin, WR, CAR
  13. Jeremy Hill, RB, CIN
  14. Jace Amaro, TE, NYJ
  15. Terrence West, RB, CLE
  16. Marqise Lee, WR, JAC
  17. Teddy Bridgewater, QB, MIN
  18. Tre Mason, RB, STL
  19. Odell Beckham Jr., WR, NYG
  20. Donte Moncrief, WR, IND
    Tier 4
  21. Andre Williams, RB, NYG
  22. Carlos Hyde, RB, SF
  23. Isaiah Crowell, RB, CLE
  24. Paul Richardson, WR, SEA
  25. John Brown, WR, ARZ
  26. Devonta Freeman, RB, ATL
  27. Ka’Deem Carey, RB, CHI
  28. Charles Sims, RB, TB
    Tier 5
  29. Blake Bortles, QB, JAC
  30. Derek Carr, QB, OAK
  31. Jarvis Landry, WR, MIA
  32. Martavis Bryant, WR, PIT
  33. James White, RB, NE
  34. Jerick McKinnon, RB, MIN
  35. Lorenzo Taliaferro, RB, BAL
  36. Dri Archer, RB, PIT
For full explanations and positional breakdown, you can check the link below:

http://nocoastbias.com/dynasty-rookie-rankings/

Would love to know the thoughts of some of the members of the Shark Pool! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Disagree with quite a bit of the rankings. But that's just me.
I'd love to discuss if you'd want to elaborate on that.
i take it back. looking at it again, i guess they look decent. i disagree on manziel but i get that people are going to have different opinions on him. Hyde is pretty severely undervalued, which is kind of weird b/c in your write-up you talk him up. Hill is a bit high and i just drafted him in two leagues. and i doubt he's taking over the bernard role; those guys couldn't be more different.

Disagree with quite a bit of the rankings. But that's just me.
I'd love to discuss if you'd want to elaborate on that.
i take it back. looking at it again, i guess they look decent. i disagree on manziel but i get that people are going to have different opinions on him. Hyde is pretty severely undervalued, which is kind of weird b/c in your write-up you talk him up. Hill is a bit high and i just drafted him in two leagues. and i doubt he's taking over the bernard role; those guys couldn't be more different.
My biggest issues with Hyde are that he isn't a great talent imo and the Niners seem reluctant to tie themselves to one back for the future. They've drafted a running back the last couple seasons hoping to have the "next" one. Kinda think that they may keep doing that, or just be a committee team once Gore is gone.

As for Hill, you may want to re-read what I wrote haha I said he'd be getting the BGE role, not Bernard.

Not THAT far removed from my own rankings. I don't personally believe in Sankey and have basically given him a "do-not-draft" ranking at his market price, but can't deny the prospect for an immediate payoff.

Biggest surprise to me is how low you have Beckham. I think he's a high floor/low ceiling guy. Although I don't think he has a top 10 dynasty WR ceiling, that also applies to the likes of Adams, Latimer, and Matthews. If I'm taking a WR2-WR3, give me the high pick with the flawless athleticism (minus size).

Hyde is also really low. I agree with some of your comments. On paper it's a no-brainer pick. 2nd round pick with workhorse traits. The logical heir apparent to Frank Gore. But...I wonder if he isn't going to be a bit of a disappointment. I like him as a low upside bruiser, but he has no speed or burst. I still rank him a lot higher than #22 based on his generic traits (i.e. 2nd round RB going to a rushing powerhouse).

I'd bump Mason up somewhere into the 2nd tier.

Not THAT far removed from my own rankings. I don't personally believe in Sankey and have basically given him a "do-not-draft" ranking at his market price, but can't deny the prospect for an immediate payoff.

Biggest surprise to me is how low you have Beckham. I think he's a high floor/low ceiling guy. Although I don't think he has a top 10 dynasty WR ceiling, that also applies to the likes of Adams, Latimer, and Matthews. If I'm taking a WR2-WR3, give me the high pick with the flawless athleticism (minus size).

Hyde is also really low. I agree with some of your comments. On paper it's a no-brainer pick. 2nd round pick with workhorse traits. The logical heir apparent to Frank Gore. But...I wonder if he isn't going to be a bit of a disappointment. I like him as a low upside bruiser, but he has no speed or burst. I still rank him a lot higher than #22 based on his generic traits (i.e. 2nd round RB going to a rushing powerhouse).

I'd bump Mason up somewhere into the 2nd tier.
Yea, that's definitely the one guy I expected to be different on than most. I'm just not a believer, and it killed me as a Giants fan to see them take him. I agree that he is a strong athlete and clearly the Giants will give him opportunities, but I really question the production against good competition while at LSU as well as the fact that he was outproduced by a player who was (significantly) less athletic in Jarvis Landry. As prospects, I liked Adams and Matthews more than ODB, and I like Latimer's landing spot much better (and he's very athletic himself in a bigger body).

The Giants are going to roll him out there, but I haven't given up on Rueben Randle. Both guys will start on the outside while Cruz dominates from the slot. Not sure how I feel about putting a 6 foot receiver on the outside and expecting him to be consistently successful. Ultimately, could my ranking of Beckham be low? Absolutely. But there is a huge part of rankings to me that is binary, i.e., do I buy the player or do I not by the player? For guys like ODB and Hyde, I simply do not buy, and so I bury them in my rankings under players I have as superior prospects.

I think you did an overall good job with these and I agree with a lot of your observations and reasoning.

One area I differ with you is in regards to the tier you have Ebron. Although you I think have already explained that, by saying-

1. Eric Ebron, DET – I was admittedly down on Ebron in the pre-draft process and still feel that he was over drafted by the Lions at ten. However, the landing spot is ideal for a player who can work in space like the UNC product can. If he earns the Jimmy Graham role in Joe Lombardi’s offense, Ebron could become a perennial top five tight end.
So it makes sense to me, you were not that excited about him pre NFL draft and think he was not worth a top 10 pick. Which is fine, but the Lions did think he was and it is a rare thing for a TE to be taken that high historically. This draft class is considered by many to be one of the better ones in a long time. So if there is some truth to that, it makes where the Lions drafted Ebron, would he have been taken higher than that in a weaker draft class?

If Ebron does end up joining Graham and Gronk in the elite top tier of TE. Would that not make him a top tier player in dynasty? You have him ranked 6th overall, so it is not that you have ranked him low. I just wonder if he shouldn't be considered in your top tier as a true difference making TE.

But I took your above comments to mean you see him hovering around top 5 at the TE position, but not breaking into that top tier of TEs. In that case the difference of tier makes sense.

I think West and Hill are too high. There are still some solid WR left there like Lee and Beckham who I could not pass for these RB who do not have a clear path to being productive. I think Freeman is a similarly talented player with better pass protection skills should be in the same tier as these players. I like his chances to contribute sooner than West or Hill, and Jackson is not really a bigger obstacle than the RB those 2 are competing with. But you have Freeman a whole 2 tiers below.

Thanks for sharing.

I think you did an overall good job with these and I agree with a lot of your observations and reasoning.

One area I differ with you is in regards to the tier you have Ebron. Although you I think have already explained that, by saying-

1. Eric Ebron, DET – I was admittedly down on Ebron in the pre-draft process and still feel that he was over drafted by the Lions at ten. However, the landing spot is ideal for a player who can work in space like the UNC product can. If he earns the Jimmy Graham role in Joe Lombardi’s offense, Ebron could become a perennial top five tight end.
So it makes sense to me, you were not that excited about him pre NFL draft and think he was not worth a top 10 pick. Which is fine, but the Lions did think he was and it is a rare thing for a TE to be taken that high historically. This draft class is considered by many to be one of the better ones in a long time. So if there is some truth to that, it makes where the Lions drafted Ebron, would he have been taken higher than that in a weaker draft class?

If Ebron does end up joining Graham and Gronk in the elite top tier of TE. Would that not make him a top tier player in dynasty? You have him ranked 6th overall, so it is not that you have ranked him low. I just wonder if he shouldn't be considered in your top tier as a true difference making TE.

But I took your above comments to mean you see him hovering around top 5 at the TE position, but not breaking into that top tier of TEs. In that case the difference of tier makes sense.

I think West and Hill are too high. There are still some solid WR left there like Lee and Beckham who I could not pass for these RB who do not have a clear path to being productive. I think Freeman is a similarly talented player with better pass protection skills should be in the same tier as these players. I like his chances to contribute sooner than West or Hill, and Jackson is not really a bigger obstacle than the RB those 2 are competing with. But you have Freeman a whole 2 tiers below.

Thanks for sharing.
I think that's probably why we disagree is because of the talent. To be brief, I think Freeman looked better than he was at Florida State. Similarly, when he was on the field, I think that Steven Jackson was better than he looked. There is a perpetuated idea that Jackson is going to be out perhaps as early as this year and that Freeman will be the guy. I am not as confident that it will play out that way. And if it did, since I don't buy Freeman's talent, I doubt he does much with the opportunity.

Really appreciate the comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Always enjoy new rankers. Thank you.

Just one suggestion: write the scoring rules that you are making your ranking by.

Always enjoy new rankers. Thank you.

Just one suggestion: write the scoring rules that you are making your ranking by.
Haha you know what's funny? In my original draft of the article I said it was PPR, but I must have taken that out without realizing it. Thanks!

Thank you for your rankings! I appreciate it when anyone puts the time and effort that you put in to do this. I think it is a very solid list as well. I may not agree with them all, but can understand your thought process.

Nit picking here, but I still think Watkins is far and away #1. He was at the top of the Prep class coming into college, produced in college and goes to a team where he is the instant #1. QB's come and go, and I am not certain TB QB situation is much better than Buffalo. I also think Beckham should be higher and Sankey a bit lower.

Great job!

I worry about Cooks at #3, NO doesn't have a very good history with drafting 1st round offensive talent and I'm not sure what this kid's role is going to be?

I don't understand what the problem is with Beckham (in fact I love it)

I think #17 will be too low for Bridgewater by the start of the season.
I like Bridgewater a lot so it was tough to give him a low ranking. But with the position being so saturated fantasy wise, if he doesn't have elite potential its hard to justify taking him over guys with potential at more valuable positions. Just my thoughts on it, but I think Bridge is more likely to become a middle of the pack QB then an elite one for fantasy.

Winning IS Everything said:
Thank you for your rankings! I appreciate it when anyone puts the time and effort that you put in to do this. I think it is a very solid list as well. I may not agree with them all, but can understand your thought process.

Nit picking here, but I still think Watkins is far and away #1. He was at the top of the Prep class coming into college, produced in college and goes to a team where he is the instant #1. QB's come and go, and I am not certain TB QB situation is much better than Buffalo. I also think Beckham should be higher and Sankey a bit lower.

Great job!
Thanks a lot for the kinds words.

I've thought about Watkins over and over in my head. In my mind, he's a very good, but not elite talent so I don't like him as a perennial fantasy WR1. However, the system fit is great and I like the fact that the team is over committed on him (payed a future pick, probably in the top 15, to net a WR). He should get a ton of chances, so if he's even just above average, he's probably a WR2. Perhaps I'm stubbornly sticking with Evans, but I just think he's the better prospect.

Users who are viewing this thread