What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

An Interesting Proposition (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axe Elf

Footballguy
Another message board that I frequent has been clamoring for a couple of years now to take a shot at the fantasy football legend that is Axe Elf. I generally consider them to be noobs, however, and so I haven't really thought that it would be much fun to simply fleece them to the point that they all quit halfway through the season. It would be necessary for me to take some kind of a handicap in order to make it a fair and competitive league. And so I have offered them this proposition:

I will take on 9 of their members in a league with a $20 entry fee. My handicap is that only their 9 members will participate in the draft--I will choose my 15 players from the free agents left at the conclusion of the draft.

To compensate for that handicap, I have asked for two concessions:
1) Every week from the completion of the draft throughout the season, I have the first waiver priority.
2) If I win the league, I take home the entire $200 purse; otherwise 1st gets $100, 2nd gets $60 and 3rd gets $40.

Discuss...

Another message board that I frequent has been clamoring for a couple of years now to take a shot at the fantasy football legend that is Axe Elf. I generally consider them to be noobs, however, and so I haven't really thought that it would be much fun to simply fleece them to the point that they all quit halfway through the season. It would be necessary for me to take some kind of a handicap in order to make it a fair and competitive league. And so I have offered them this proposition:

I will take on 9 of their members in a league with a $20 entry fee. My handicap is that only their 9 members will participate in the draft--I will choose my 15 players from the free agents left at the conclusion of the draft.

1) Every week from the completion of the draft throughout the season, I have the first waiver priority.

2) If I win the league, I take home the entire $200 purse; otherwise 1st gets $100, 2nd gets $60 and 3rd gets $40.

Discuss...
you forgot to mention you get to set the schedule to your advantage. it didn't take you long to wear out your welcome over there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Discuss...
you forgot to mention you get to set the schedule to your advantage. it didn't take you long to wear out your welcome over there.
Not really. I don't usually like to play against my students after giving them all the lessons they need to be competitive.

I'd like to think we're all in this together--my timeless wisdom giving you the opportunity to fleece your own competition, and not as an antagonistic invitation to turn against me the weapons I've trained you to use.

Of course, there is always a certain appeal to the ol' Billy Jack approach--you know, "I'm gonna take this foot, and hit you on that side of your face, and there's not gonna be a thing you can do about it"--telling your opponents exactly how you are going to beat them, and then doing it.

But I'd rather not think of you all as Stewart Posners.

For what it is worth..

I think Axe Elf is a very funny name. Cheers.

Listening to a pompous fool talk down to everyone is reminiscent of LHUCKS however and not enjoyable for anyone..

OK, well, let's discuss this as you suggest.

It appears that you're a tool. That's pretty much it. :shrug:

Discuss...
Discuss...

:lmao:

Discuss...
I have thought of this concept before but it's great that you would be willing to put it into practice.

-QG

Notwithstanding me thinking about the idea of what it'd be like to play in a league where you took a team of leftovers there's reasons why, ya know, I never proposed this to anyone :)

-QG

I also play on FanDuel to increase my profit from the season, so if anyone would like to donate some extra dollars to my Christmas Fund, I'll be happy to write them a receipt for tax purposes. So, if any of you want to chest up, bring your cash over to FanDuel and look me up. Tell 'em Axe Elf sent ya, and you'll pay for my entry fee with the referral bonus. LOL

To copy and paste from my other rebuttal:

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so in that respect, I should feel flattered that someone has felt it was necessary to become me in order to feed their own depleted ego. I mean, I can understand the attraction.

Still, you all have fallen victim to a charade, and I do apologize for any inconvenience this wannabe has caused. Issues of identity theft and copyright infringement have yet to be resolved, but I am hoping that the site will cooperate in banning my Mini Me in the meantime.

I'm also a little disappointed in some of you who might already know me for falling for this garbage. I mean, I'm a former State Spelling Champion and was a published author at the age of 12; I would never write, "I don't need no watchdog," or mistake "your" for "you're".

You know what JJ, I'm a big boy and don't need no watchdog. I appreciate your intentions but when your great people always want to hate on you.
Anyway, thank you for your attention, and I hope you enjoyed some of the stuff I DID write--like my Sleepers & Stinkers. Most of the other responses and retaliatory comments were not mine, though, or have been edited together as an amalgamation of responses I have made to other posts on other sites.

And to my imposter, hey, thanks for choosing the world's foremost fount of fantasy football wisdom to effectuate your moment in the sun--but it's time to slink back into the shadows now and hope that you can avoid legal proceedings with a prompt abatement of your facade.

I don't think I have ever read anyone so full of themselves. Its really pathetic.

I think a name change is in order.

"Axe Elf Fan".

Oh, and then maybe we can contact Lucifer and put in a work order, get this guy sent straight to hell. Or at least the message board equivalent. Unless that's where he came from?

This $.it belongs in the test forum. Who cares about his crap! Take it to Yahoo! chat or something.

And, in 10 years, just remember you used to brag about fantasy football. What are you? 15?

This $.it belongs in the test forum. Who cares about his crap! Take it to Yahoo! chat or something.

And, in 10 years, just remember you used to brag about fantasy football. What are you? 15?
Sadly, people have been asking this since like 1995. So I'm guessing 45, give or take. And still doing this. And still begging people for $20 wagers like he's a broke college kid.

:(

I like Axe Elf and I hope he sticks around. That being said, I have one question:

What are you trying to achieve?

Are you hoping that you will become known as a FF expert? How's that working for you so far?

How are these two clowns not banned while the great FavreCo was banned for life. Man this place has really gone into the crapper.

Y'all can ban us both for all I care. I wasn't posting here anyway until some imposter tried to besmirch my good name, and he definitely deserves to be banned for plagiarism, copyright infringement, and identity theft. Once he is dealt with, I probably won't be coming around any more anyway.

But I'll be teaching a graduate course for many of you in the InterBoard League!

The Real Axe Elf said:
Y'all can ban us both for all I care. I wasn't posting here anyway until some imposter tried to besmirch my good name, and he definitely deserves to be banned for plagiarism, copyright infringement, and identity theft. Once he is dealt with, I probably won't be coming around any more anyway.

But I'll be teaching a graduate course for many of you in the InterBoard League!
Is that the class where you teach everyone to bench your players that score the most points? Like Julius Thomas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread