What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andra Davis and Sean Jones (1 Viewer)

thatguy

Footballguy
I read a report that both Davis and Jones will be part of 3 man rotations at ILB and SS respectively this season. Is this accurate? What do you guys make of this?

It is correct. I also think that this happens on every NFL team to one degree or another. Players get plays off here and there to rest and whatnot.We won't really know how it will play out until it happens. If the offense struggles like it has in the past then hell you need to rotate guys just to stay fresh anyway.

I read a report that both Davis and Jones will be part of 3 man rotations at ILB and SS respectively this season. Is this accurate? What do you guys make of this?
Its a Jones/Russell/Crocker rotation at safety ... not at SS ...I suspect its Jones/Russell with Crocker backing up both, unless Pool comes on ...

Not that shocking in my opinion ...

If the offense struggles like it has in the past then hell you need to rotate guys just to stay fresh anyway.
:lmao: Ain't that the truth!While I understand what Crennel is saying, I thiink what wil eventually happen is the best guys will see the majority of the snaps. Likely right now, as they are transitioning to the new 3-4 scheme, it's entirely possible that the players haven't distinguished themselves.

Rotoworld just had a blurb that Sean Jones may be losing his starting SS position battle to Crocker...FWIW. Wait and see for me as I picked up Jones to back up my starting tandem of Ed Reed and Gibril Wilson. Looks like I may have to use Darren Sharper as my backup if Jones doesn't pan out. Too early to panic, though.

Last week it was reported that when Taylor is in he will be the WILB but when Ruff comes in, Davis will slide over to the much more scoring friendly WILB. Either way, Ruff looks to have the least value followed by Taylor and then Davis. I only put Davis last because I would guess he is the best LB out of the group and be less apt to be pulled.However, Crennel rotated heavily in NE and I look to see the same here.

RE: NE, that looks to be a mess as well with Vrabel back cause now that Biesel has performed well they will be rotatin there as well with Chad Brown.

Tom

What Crennel is saying at many positions is hey, this team sucks. Nobody is guaranteed anything until we win games. And same will be at RB if they cannot get healthy.A.Davis/B.Taylor Ruff rotate at ILB as none can do all things well, cover pass etc. so he wants them all to have game experience in the new alignment and let injuries decide things from there.Matt Stewart, Chuan Thompson and Kenard Lang at OLB till someone gets some sacksSafety: Crocker v. S.Jones, dont be surprised if Brodney pool gets thrown in in spots. Why wouldn't they rotate them. Crennel did the same thing with Bruschi, Ted Johnson and Roman Phipher until Bruschi really took command in NE.Team will not be a fantasy IDP gold mine but more of a fox hunt :thumbdown:

Users who are viewing this thread