What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andrew Sullivan And The Lunacy Of Gender Theory Regarding The Trans (2 Viewers)

Scroll down to the "The Gender-Theory Backlash" heading.
Exactly. It's not a radical feminist critique; it's a lament of the loss of mainstream support for LGBT because of the radicalism of the new gender theory, which isn't new at all and has been around since the dopeiest eras of the seventies and nineties but heretofore kept away from public and education policy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
No. It's half way down the page. I can't link to the exact page break from my phone.

On another note, I've been explaining often about that form of radical feminism and how I disagree with it. Since 2013-4, actually when my friend made me aware of it.
Did you read the studies he’s talking about? It’s both old data (this year’s is stabilized) and fairly misrepresented. It’s not “support/not support” it’s “allies/detached supporters/resisters”. Three categories. 

Those last two lines there is sickening 

They could swiftly reverse the gains we have won. They sure have made a good start in turning the next generation against us.

They could swiftly reverse the gains we have won. They sure have made a good start in turning the next generation against us.
I think by "they," he's referring to those people peddling true gender insanity, not real trans teens.

Sullivan is considered the sane alternative to Milo. Which isn’t saying much and I’m still not sure it’s true all the time. 

I think by "they," he's referring to those people peddling true gender insanity, not real trans teens.
Maybe. It just seemed like saying “gays will do better in society if they disassociate themselves with trans people. Which is probably true but also heartless. Maybe I misread it.

Maybe. It just seemed like saying “gays will do better in society if they disassociate themselves with trans people. Which is probably true but also heartless. Maybe I misread it.
That is the same reason feminism left black and brown women behind. 

White women decided they’d do better if they dropped the racial issues. They were right.  And it devastated the feminist movement long term. 

Sullivan is considered the sane alternative to Milo. Which isn’t saying much and I’m still not sure it’s true all the time. 
By whom? Sullivan's blog was cited by President Obama as a "must-read" followed by the intonation that he read it every morning. That's just an insane statement that shows how loony the left is. Sullivan almost single-handedly made the intellectual case for gay marriage. Just because he now speaks about radical gender identity theory as lunacy doesn't make him anything close to a troll or an alt-right guy.

This is nutso. 

By whom? Sullivan's blog was cited by President Obama as a "must-read" followed by the intonation that he read it every morning. That's just an insane statement that shows how loony the left is. Sullivan almost single-handedly made the intellectual case for gay marriage. Just because he now speaks about radical gender identity theory as lunacy doesn't make him anything close to a troll or an alt-right guy.

This is nutso. 
I don’t think he’s an alt right troll.  I do think there’s a lot of reasonable criticism of more than that issue in his work the past few years.  Maybe consider discussing what others mean rather than jumping to the “this is an example of the loony left!” idiocy you love to shout out whenever you disagree with someone.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/12/andrew-sullivan-new-religions-essay-twaddle.html

www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/commentator-andrew-sullivan-jeered-at-hollywood-inclusion-event-1196996

https://thefederalist.com/2018/12/13/andrew-sullivan-classic-liberalism-voxplained-ezra-klein/

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2018/12/09/andrew-sullivan-the-bad-new-atheism-bashing-and-religion-osculation-and-the-good-discussing-ideology-as-religon/

That is no small feat, for among other things Sullivan has been the sort of conspiracy theorist whose acceptance by the establishment helped bring us to this political moment.

Older readers may recall Sullivan championed “Trig Trutherism.” This was the theory that 2008 GOP vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin was not the mother of her then-newborn son Trig and that her pregnancy was faked for political reasons. Sullivan persisted in this delusion for years, no matter how many times it was debunked (notably by Salon), before he tried in 2012 to pretend he had never made the claim.

This was Sullivan’s most-publicized conspiracy theory, but it was far from the first he embraced. There was the time he posted a video from… Alex Jones claiming that Vice President **** Cheney’s hunting accident, in which he shot Harry Whittington, was less than an accident. (Sullivan didn’t back down when challenged, either.)

When U.S. and U.K. authorities foiled a spectacular terror plot to blow up airplanes over the Atlantic Ocean in 2006, Sullivan wondered whether President Bush and Prime Minister Tony Blair had acted in part because pro-war Sen. Joe Lieberman lost a primary to progressive Ned Lamont. Just asking questions, you understand.

Sullivan also long wondered whether Cheney and Defense Secretary Don Rumsfeld intentionally set out to fail in the Iraq War, in pursuit of what he oh-so-subtly called “the Likud strategy.” Years later he would claim that the “neocons” were uninterested in freedom but were in part “about warfare against Israel’s perceived enemies.”
It continues.

https://thefederalist.com/2018/05/14/andrew-sullivan-almost-seems-sane-know-crazy/

Heh. I never argued that Sully was anything but a little bit hysterical. 

Thanks for agreeing with what I've been saying for over two decades now. His gay marriage twaddle was just that. Twaddle.

But this -- this was the editor of the left's most moderate lynchpin mag, showing just how loony the modern left has been since 1996, which is why I'm a member of the intellectual right.

Thanks for agreeing with what I've been saying for over two decades now. His gay marriage twaddle was just that. Twaddle.

But this -- this was the editor of the left's most moderate lynchpin mag, showing just how loony the modern left has been since 1996, which is why I'm a member of the intellectual right.
You know what they say. When you get shown to be wrong, just make up something and thank the other side for saying it.  Maybe it’ll change the subject. 

You know what they say. When you get shown to be wrong, just make up something and thank the other side for saying it.  Maybe it’ll change the subject. 
No. That's a red herring and doesn't follow anything. I think if you type in "Andrew Sullivan" and "rockaction" into the search engine, you'll see Sully and me don't agree on much. But we agree on some things, and I cite him at my leisure.

Enjoy the women’s soccer team now, because it’s only a matter of time before it consists of primarily XY chromosome people.

XYs will also be taking over those athletic scholarships your XX kids worked so hard for...

Enjoy the women’s soccer team now, because it’s only a matter of time before it consists of primarily XY chromosome people.

XYs will also be taking over those athletic scholarships your XX kids worked so hard for...
Trans athletes have been allowed in college sports for years.  They’ve even been allowed in the Olympics since 2004. 

• Smile
Reactions: rct

Count me in, I don’t enjoy the women’s soccer team at all after the #### they pulled last week.

rockaction said:

Was it your IQ score or your GRE scores that gained you membership in this exclusive club? 😉

Users who are viewing this thread