What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Android apps (5 Viewers)

XScope browser seems to be the best I've used so far. Nice tabs, as well as a task manager available.
What's the difference between lite and the pay.Yes I still don't pay for apps
I did pay for the full, mostly because the dev obviously put in a lot of hard work on it and I think he deserves to get some profit from it....the only feature I know of that's different is that it adds in a task manager, which is kinda cool.
Thanks. I already have taskkiller but trying this browser so far. Seems ok but it actually feels slower to mePinch Zoom and Tabs obviously is GREAT!!! Thx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pinch Zoom and Tabs obviously is GREAT!!! Thx.
Ohhhhh forgot the pinch zoom! Yeah, if you don't have Android 2.1 that's a nice feature of the browser. Once you get 2.1 that works pretty much everywhere.
Yeah. Only got the Moto Droid about a month ago and it's still 2.0.1 but rumor this week is 2.1If pinch zoom is standard on 2.1 that will be awesome.My other complaint I think you mentioned is that the APP Store online is horrible. RIM and Itunes are way ahead in this department. Sometimes I like to research on my pc instead of searching on the phone

My other complaint I think you mentioned is that the APP Store online is horrible. RIM and Itunes are way ahead in this department. Sometimes I like to research on my pc instead of searching on the phone
Yeah, think I posted that in another thread, but totally agree. Google has claimed, in their groups, that they are working on a solution. Hopefully they get it right.

The apps I utilize at the moment are:

Weather Channel

TweetCaster

WordGame

Orbs.Knockoff Lite

Millionaire

MarketMillionaire

Voice Recorder

CBS Football

Robo Defense

Some sound boards:

Cartoon Sounds and Ringtones

Full Metal Jacket Soundboard

Fat *******

Star Trek Sounds and Ringtones

FartDroid

Halloween Sounds

I have been trying to figure out how to delete some apps and I have not figured it out yet...and idea?

The apps I utilize at the moment are:Weather ChannelTweetCasterWordGameOrbs.Knockoff LiteMillionaireMarketMillionaireVoice RecorderCBS FootballRobo DefenseSome sound boards:Cartoon Sounds and RingtonesFull Metal Jacket SoundboardFat ******* Star Trek Sounds and RingtonesFartDroidHalloween SoundsI have been trying to figure out how to delete some apps and I have not figured it out yet...and idea?
SettingsApplications Manage applicationsSelect a application and uninstall

The apps I utilize at the moment are:Weather ChannelTweetCasterWordGameOrbs.Knockoff LiteMillionaireMarketMillionaireVoice RecorderCBS FootballRobo DefenseSome sound boards:Cartoon Sounds and RingtonesFull Metal Jacket SoundboardFat ******* Star Trek Sounds and RingtonesFartDroidHalloween SoundsI have been trying to figure out how to delete some apps and I have not figured it out yet...and idea?
SettingsApplications Manage applicationsSelect a application and uninstall
Thank you, friend...you have made everything right in the world... :no:

There are two "Market" icons on my desktop (is that what it's called on a smart phone?). How do i get rid of one? I see how to add items, but I don't see how to get rid of one.

My Apps:

Advanced Task Killer (reChild)

Astrid (we <3 astrid)

Astro File Manager (Metago)

Bluetooth File Transfer (Medieval Software)

PicSay - Photo Editor (Shinycore)

Barcode Scanner (zXing Team)

Sports Tap (Mobile1Sports)

Wikitude World Browser (Mobilizy GmbH)

Listen (Google Inc)

Google Voice (Google Inc)

Bebbled (Nikolay Ananlev)

Locale (two forty four a.m. LLC)

Google Sky Map (Google Inc)

Wapedia: Mobile Wikipedia (Taptu)

3banana Notes (Snaptic)

Radiant Lite (Hexage.net)

Movies (Flixster Inc)

Abduction! (Psym Mobile)

DroidRecord (Gonzo Consulting Inc)

Solitaire (Ken Magic)

Sudoku Free (genina.com)

My Tracks (My Tracks Team at Google)

Pandora Radio (Pandora)

Bonsai Blast (Glu Mobile)

Nintaii (Concrete Software Inc)

Dolphin Browser (Dolphin Browser)

TripIt (Tripit Inc)

WalletPro (Rhombus Soft)

FlashLight (flash-the-brain.com)

Jewels (MHGames)

Stopwatch (sportstracklive.com)

Unit Converter - CovertPad (MathPad Software)

Raging Thunder - LITE (Polarbit AB)

Zebra Paint (Peter Dornbach)

US Traffic (Better Android)

Amazon.com (Amazon Mobile)

USA Today (USA TODAY)

US Yellow Pages Search (Yellowbook)

ShopSavvy (Big in Japan Inc)

The Weather Channel (The Weather Channel)

Facebook for Android (Facebook)

There are two "Market" icons on my desktop (is that what it's called on a smart phone?). How do i get rid of one? I see how to add items, but I don't see how to get rid of one.
Hold down your finger on that icon, a trash bin will appear and you can drag it to it.
Thanks. Can't believe I didn't try that. It's amazing how simple this phone is to use.

Hold down your finger on that icon, a trash bin will appear and you can drag it to it.
Thanks. Can't believe I didn't try that. It's amazing how simple this phone is to use.
Don't let an iPhone user hear you say that...they will quickly correct you and tell you how you need a Comp. Science degree to even figure out how to place calls with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a two for one deal on a Droid about a month ago. At first, my wife complained. It's too much phone! I'll never use all of this stuff, etc., etc. Now, I can't pry it out of her hands.

Apps that I currently use:

Barcode Scanner

Bank & ATM Finder

Pandora

Google Sky Map

Guitar Tuner

Live Scores (MLB, NFL, NBA scores and stats)

Droid Light

My Verizon

Shazam

The Weather Channel

2010 World Cup

Where

So far, I'm quite impressed. The person who sold me the phones owns an iPhone but convinced me to go with the Droid.

Don't let an iPhone user hear you say that...they will quickly correct you and tell you how you need a Comp. Science degree to even figure out how to place calls with it.
Not everyone has to be an end user.

The android 2.1 update is supposedly rolling out for the Droid (again).

linky.
W(here)TF is the Eris update we're slogging along with 1.6
Root it brah... get yurseff tha 2.wizzle
I'm almost to that point, but I keep hearing it will be coming soon. I know as soon as I do that the OTA will come out.
I got the 2.1 update today for my droid.
got the 2.1 yesterday too

Supposedly the Eris will get the update after the Droid updates are finished. They get the minor upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 and I'm still living in the freaking stone ages with 1.5. Where is the justice?

Got the update today. I like the live wallpapers, other than that seems the same.
There are a couple other major changes.There is now a voice to text option in every text field, also you can pinch to zoom google maps (Browser too if you have the N1...but just get the xScope browser it kicks ### and has tabs/pinch etc.), as well as there is a new gallery.

Got the notification of the update but it failed since I had rooted and still had su. Removed the last bit of root and installed it manually (supposed to be the official version). Andwobble live wallpaper. :lmao:

Got the update today. I like the live wallpapers, other than that seems the same.
There are a couple other major changes.There is now a voice to text option in every text field, also you can pinch to zoom google maps (Browser too if you have the N1...but just get the xScope browser it kicks ### and has tabs/pinch etc.), as well as there is a new gallery.
How does the voice to text work? If I want to voice to text a text message, what do I do once Im opening a new text?

How does the voice to text work? If I want to voice to text a text message, what do I do once Im opening a new text?
Just hit the microphone button on the virtual keyboard and start talking :lmao:

Love th elive wallpapers and pinch zoom

Just setup orb on my pc, after some router tweaking I can now stream LiveTV to my Droid. A little small and choppy but it serves it's purpose!!! OMG :fishing:

this ones nice

http://www.thickbuttons.com/

Thick Buttons: A lot of people have tried to make Android's touch keyboard better, but Thick Buttons might've come the closest yet. Here's how Jason broke it down:

How it works is that ThickButtons visibly enlarges the keys that the phone predicts you'll type next, so if you're typing the word "Annoying" and you get to the "o", it'll enlarge the letter "Y" (among other letters it thinks you can possibly hit next). The iPhone actually does this invisibly, but ThickButtons does this…visibly.

The problem is that sometimes it predicts the wrong letters, and then you have to snipe out the one you actually want. Still, if you really hate the Android keyboard, this might help you get over it.

Little annoyed I cant kill nascar, the weather channel and that moxie mail (without rooting the phone)

for FIOS guys

Also for lucky bastards, but in this case, FiOS customers with Droids, Verizon's Mobile Remote lets you control your set-top box over Wi-Fi. It's a complete remote replacement, and it throws photos you've got on your phone up on your TV, so you can toss your actual remote. (Though I wouldn't, 'cause I bet Verizon will charge you.)

PocketDJ Freeby BeatronikFREE 50000-250000 downloads, 847 ratings (3.24 avg note), 1.11 mb, updated on 04/04 Request update - I'm the developer! - Request a feature / Report a bugLike An advanced DJ app to convert your device into a 2 deck DJ turntable and mix your musics with your fingers!Feat.Graphical UITwin deckMP3 & WAV playbackFull Pitch control (wav)CUEVolume ctrCrossfadingLoopsScratch effectsVoice recorderLive record2.2.6: Call issuetag: music player deejay player loop pocket discPackage: com.beatronik.pocketdjlite

Users who are viewing this thread