What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another Commish(OFFICIALLY) has gone Awol (2 Viewers)

A couple things

1. Being a Commish is tough. I Commish a few leagues including a dyansty league with sevral regular FBG posters and I can tell you the pressure to do right is intense.

2. The season has just ended and I have played in leagues where the checks didn't go out until the Super Bowl. A lot of times right after the FF season is over, owners like to relax and focus on the NFL playoffs. It sounds like people were wanting their checks right after Philly was done with that Tuesday night game. Christmas and New Years just passed. You all are doing permanent damage to the leagues meaning if he pops up in the next week and cuts the checks I'm not sure these leagues can continue.

Is the money that much? I feel like whoever the $500 winner was has already spent the money and needs it immediately. Technically the money should go out shortly after the season ends. I also think anytime the checks go out in January is fine. I have a league where I am waiting for roughly a few hundred bucks to come back to me...but I know the commish well and I'm sure I'll see that check in the next couple weeks. Not a big deal.

What if he had emailed back and said he wouldn't be sending the checks out until mid to late January? You probably would have been mad about that too.

Not defending Frank but I have competed with him and I never saw anything that would lead me to believe he was working this place for the last 3-4 years for the "big score". And others said his teams are set up to compete for the next many years. Traded duds for studs, sounds like he is a great owner. I think this thread should have waited at least another week...and I bet he does answer you all back soon and you are going to look foolish.
1. Hearing you say this must install great confidence in you.2. No one started contacting him until 10 days after.

3.That is VERY presumptuous of you and rather insulting. The money is very secondary as I will be willing to spend 5 times the amount owed to me based on principal to see this thing resolved. Again not accusing as I said "Possibly" Awol.

4.Had he emailed back there would be no thread to discuss this thing. Again where do you get off saying how I would feel or any other owner for that matter.

Not trying to get in a pissing match here but I feel your way out of line. I have emailed him several times and called his phone now. A simple reply is all I am asking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple things

1. Being a Commish is tough. I Commish a few leagues including a dyansty league with sevral regular FBG posters and I can tell you the pressure to do right is intense.

2. The season has just ended and I have played in leagues where the checks didn't go out until the Super Bowl. A lot of times right after the FF season is over, owners like to relax and focus on the NFL playoffs. It sounds like people were wanting their checks right after Philly was done with that Tuesday night game. Christmas and New Years just passed. You all are doing permanent damage to the leagues meaning if he pops up in the next week and cuts the checks I'm not sure these leagues can continue.

Is the money that much? I feel like whoever the $500 winner was has already spent the money and needs it immediately. Technically the money should go out shortly after the season ends. I also think anytime the checks go out in January is fine. I have a league where I am waiting for roughly a few hundred bucks to come back to me...but I know the commish well and I'm sure I'll see that check in the next couple weeks. Not a big deal.

What if he had emailed back and said he wouldn't be sending the checks out until mid to late January? You probably would have been mad about that too.

Not defending Frank but I have competed with him and I never saw anything that would lead me to believe he was working this place for the last 3-4 years for the "big score". And others said his teams are set up to compete for the next many years. Traded duds for studs, sounds like he is a great owner. I think this thread should have waited at least another week...and I bet he does answer you all back soon and you are going to look foolish.
1. Hearing you say this must install great confidence in you.2. No one started contacting him until 10 days after.

3.That is VERY presumptuous of you and rather insulting. The money is very secondary as I will be willing to spend 5 times the amount owed to me based on principal to see this thing resolved. Again not accusing as I said "Possibly" Awol.

4.Had he emailed back there would be no thread to discuss this thing. Again where do you get off saying how I would feel or any other owner for that matter.

Not trying to get in a pissing match here but I feel your way out of line. I have emailed him several times and called his phone now. A simple reply is all I am asking for.
So you PM me and you attack me in the thread. I didn't call you out, I didn't even read who started the thread. Just thought it was bush league to go after a guy in a public forum a week after the season ended. Memo to you...my name's not Frank. If you don't want a contrary POV than don't beg to have this posted in the Shark Pool. if it was the Super Bowl, yeah I can udnerstand why you might paste the guy's first and last name in here which you had up to begin with.I'm not holding your money so point your venom elsewhere, thanks.

A couple things

So you PM me and you attack me in the thread. I didn't call you out, I didn't even read who started the thread. Just thought it was bush league to go after a guy in a public forum a week after the season ended. Memo to you...my name's not Frank. If you don't want a contrary POV than don't beg to have this posted in the Shark Pool. if it was the Super Bowl, yeah I can udnerstand why you might paste the guy's first and last name in here which you had up to begin with.I'm not holding your money so point your venom elsewhere, thanks.
Please stay out of here. This is for honest people trying to figure out why our commish has chosen to not reply to several emails from several league mates.Not for a Commish (you) That says the pressure to do the right thing each year is "intense".

Note to all MOP teams in his league. This is the type of saying that would scare me right out of his league or at least require leaguesafe.

Anything further to add please go the private message route. TIA

Wow, so T.Rex last PM back to me is this...

"Just stay the #### out of my thread ####### "

So this thread was not about anything other than to humiliate a guy as quickly as possible because he didn't answer your email immediately. Please Joe, David, the rest of the mods...can we get this garbage moved out of the Shark Pool please? He doesn't want anything to be discussed other than to humiliate and ruin a guy's reputation as quickly as possible.

I'm not defending Wahoo but also I think you yourself will not be invited into any of the FBG board leagues anytime soon. Maybe you don't care right now but there is a way to handle these things and the Shark Pool has nothing to do with your situation. You didn't join this league because of an advertisement in the Shark Pool. What you really want is a complaint department or clerk to scream at so you are picking me today.

Nice job friendo

Not for a Commish (you) That says the pressure to do the right thing each year is "intense".Note to all MOP teams in his league. This is the type of saying that would scare me right out of his league or at least require leaguesafe.
I see, so now I took your money right? Your just looking at the Commish position as a money changer. In fact you can ask around but I don't handle the money in any leagues I commish. I have a treasurer who handles all that. The reason is as I said it is intense to do the right thing as a Commish and that goes into rules, scoring, things that happen throughout the season for the betterment of the league not just one's own team. The last thing I want to worry about is this unfortunate situation that you seem to be in. Now seriously guy, why don't you take it down a notch because now you are trying to throw me under the bus because I presented a different viewpoint than you have.

Now seriously guy, why don't you take it down a notch because now you are trying to throw me under the bus because I presented a different viewpoint than you have.
No, you presumed he already spent the money and insinuated he must be hard up for the cash. Geez you are terrible.

A couple things

Please stay out of here. This is for honest people trying to figure out why our commish has chosen to not reply to several emails from several league mates.Not for a Commish (you) That says the pressure to do the right thing each year is "intense".

Note to all MOP teams in his league. This is the type of saying that would scare me right out of his league or at least require leaguesafe.

Overeact much? MOP didn't say that the pressure to do right in regards to making year-end payouts was intense. He said that the pressure to do right as a commish is intense, and he's right. No need to be a toolbox and start blasting him for pointing out that something serious with Wahoo may have come up. Shoot, I just had a close friend get in a major car accident this weekend that will likely leave him facing months of recovery in a hospital. If he was the commish of a fantasy football league, I can tell you that making payouts would be the last thing I would expect for him to be thinking about and focusing on.As its your money invested, you've got a right to be concerned about where it's at and when you'll see it. But there's no need to start cussing at people who post something in this thread that you don't agree with.

Wow, so T.Rex last PM back to me is this..."Just stay the #### out of my thread ####### "So this thread was not about anything other than to humiliate a guy as quickly as possible because he didn't answer your email immediately. Please Joe, David, the rest of the mods...can we get this garbage moved out of the Shark Pool please? He doesn't want anything to be discussed other than to humiliate and ruin a guy's reputation as quickly as possible.I'm not defending Wahoo but also I think you yourself will not be invited into any of the FBG board leagues anytime soon. Maybe you don't care right now but there is a way to handle these things and the Shark Pool has nothing to do with your situation. You didn't join this league because of an advertisement in the Shark Pool. What you really want is a complaint department or clerk to scream at so you are picking me today. Nice job friendo
mop...dont put his pm's in here, we dont need to know. thats why it is a pm.

What have I said to humiliate him? I have not once even accused him of anything other then going awol. Where have I tried to humiliate him?

It was suggested by other league mates to post a thread so we could come together and see if anyone had info. He has 20 plus leagues. I have already been pmed by several people whom I didnt know with the same concerns because of this thread. I have also been given his personal phone number because of this and have since called him. If this is a misunderstanding it should be cleared up shortly and I will be more then happy to post that as well.

You are totally removed from the situation and have little to no knowledge of whats been done, yet you come here spouting off at the mouth as your right in the middle of it.

I respectfully ask you to no longer post in this topic. If you assumption is correct you can point the finger then and say I told you so.

A couple things

Overeact much? MOP didn't say that the pressure to do right in regards to making year-end payouts was intense. He said that the pressure to do right as a commish is intense, and he's right. No need to be a toolbox and start blasting him for pointing out that something serious with Wahoo may have come up. Shoot, I just had a close friend get in a major car accident this weekend that will likely leave him facing months of recovery in a hospital. If he was the commish of a fantasy football league, I can tell you that making payouts would be the last thing I would expect for him to be thinking about and focusing on.As its your money invested, you've got a right to be concerned about where it's at and when you'll see it. But there's no need to start cussing at people who post something in this thread that you don't agree with.
:lmao: He has the Commish job wrapped up as collecting and paying out the money. This is exactly why I don't handle the money. Commissioners have to deal with a lot of BS in season, pre-season, post-season that isn't always easy. Rules, scoring, trades, waiver wires, as I said it's a thankless job.

I would never commish 20 leagues though and don't see how that is possible. Jeter is the Commish for like 4 or 5 Hyper Active Leagues, no fun some of the time.

I hope everyone gets paid, it's not like I'm rooting for Wahoo in any of this. I might have started the thread with something different than AWOL...maybe "Has anyone heard or seen"...the thread would have taken off anyways and you don't look like the overreaction guy so much.

There was a league last year with a guy(Fireman) who ran a 64 team league that ended with everyone going tourney style. It was fun but then he got a divorce and his wife left and emptied out the accounts so it took quite a while for him to pay everyone but he eventually did. That league disolved of course.

So this thread was not about anything other than to humiliate a guy as quickly as possible because he didn't answer your email immediately. Please Joe, David, the rest of the mods...can we get this garbage moved out of the Shark Pool please? He doesn't want anything to be discussed other than to humiliate and ruin a guy's reputation as quickly as possible.

I'm not defending Wahoo but also I think you yourself will not be invited into any of the FBG board leagues anytime soon. Maybe you don't care right now but there is a way to handle these things and the Shark Pool has nothing to do with your situation. You didn't join this league because of an advertisement in the Shark Pool. What you really want is a complaint department or clerk to scream at so you are picking me today.

Nice job friendo
MOP I don't think the intent here was to humiliate Wahoos and ruin his reputation as quickly as possible. Wahoos always opens off season waivers on Jan. 1st and allows owners to expand rosters from 26 to 30 players. So far that has not happened in any of the leagues he commishs. He hasn't logged into any of his leagues, responded to any of the emails sent by league members nor has he paid winnings out to any of the winners of his leagues. Is it possible that something has happened to him and he's unable to respond? I guess it's certainly possible and if that's the case then I'm sure all of his fellow league-mates will be understanding if that's the case. Bottom line, I don't think anyone is jumping the gun here by posting this thread. It's already Jan 10th and all FF owners (no matter what leagues they play in) who are owed money should have either been paid by now or at least had some contact with the league's commissioner. No one in Wahoo's leagues has heard a word so a thread about that situation makes sense.

If Wahoos does respond in the near future and has an explanation, I will be sure to updated this thread with that as well.

Nice job friendo
MOP I don't think the intent here was to humiliate Wahoos and ruin his reputation as quickly as possible.

Wahoos always opens off season waivers on Jan. 1st and allows owners to expand rosters from 26 to 30 players. So far that has not happened in any of the leagues he commishs. That's a problem

He hasn't logged into any of his leagues, That's a problem

responded to any of the emails sent by league members That's a problem

nor has he paid winnings out to any of the winners of his leagues. That's a big problem

Is it possible that something has happened to him and he's unable to respond? I guess it's certainly possible and if that's the case then I'm sure all of his fellow league-mates will be understanding if that's the case. Bottom line, I don't think anyone is jumping the gun here by posting this thread. It's already Jan 10th and all FF owners (no matter what leagues they play in) who are owed money should have either been paid by now or at least had some contact with the league's commissioner. No one in Wahoo's leagues has heard a word so a thread about that situation makes sense.

If Wahoos does respond in the near future and has an explanation, I will be sure to updated this thread with that as well.
And I can appreciate everything your saying Tippers. If the guy is having problems though...I don't think TRex is the guy who should be calling him, maybe you should. T.Rex started launching obscenities at me on a public message board inside of 2 posts...that's pretty hostile. Think of the movie "The fugitive" when Tommy Lee jones is asked if they want to go thru the police, media, etc...and he says "No, we want him to re-enter his life"...if something has happened and WaHoo went into a hole, publicly humiliating him and threatening him with 100 emails and phone calls is only going to push him further down the hole. Do you understand? If the OP had not been so hostile he might have understood where I was coming from. I don't want to see you guys stiffed, that sux. But attacking Frank and pushing him further away won't solve anything here. I would maybe try to figure out where he lives and send a certified copy of mail letting him know if something happened let us know so we can all work thru this.

What if it took him 6 months to pay it out because he mismanaged the money? 6 months is better than never. Of course I'm sure T.Rex is gonna hire a couple of Italians and fix him up good so you all have nothing to worry about. :banned:

Get a calmer voice involved. Maybe someone who has nothing to win or lose from any of your leagues, someone that doesn't have a stake in it. Surely Frank knows this guy's phone number by now or can dodge a "no call" ID type thing. You need someone to reach out perhaps and get the real story. This is only pushing him further away IMO.

Good Luck to you all.

I understand the points you're trying to make MOP and to an extent I agree with them. An angry mob mentality never really works when trying to find a solution to an issue like this one. I will also say that Trex is a good guy, I play in quite a few leagues with him and he's an active, knowledgeable owner that I enjoy having around. It's obvious that some things written in this thread did not sit well with either of you guys and that's too bad. The last thing we need is a verbal (or written) battle going on in here when the whole idea of this thread is to bring light to the fact that there are major problems in all of Wahoo's leagues.

Finding resolutions to the issues in Wahoo's leagues seems like a long way off.....and right now I'd be happy for some answers. Hopefully at some point we will be able to get in contact with Frank and find out exactly what is going on.

It's nice to see people want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, and well it's the holidays, could be hurt, sick, etc. But if you commish 20+ leagues and disappear at the close of the season, when you know everyone is going to be looking for their payouts, something is bad wrong and these guys absolutely should be getting together and discussing a plan of action. Who in this position doesn't return e-mails in a few days, much less disappears for over three weeks. Even if the checks start showing up tomorrow, my trust would be gone for these leagues.

Wow, so T.Rex last PM back to me is this..."Just stay the #### out of my thread ####### "So this thread was not about anything other than to humiliate a guy as quickly as possible because he didn't answer your email immediately. Please Joe, David, the rest of the mods...can we get this garbage moved out of the Shark Pool please? He doesn't want anything to be discussed other than to humiliate and ruin a guy's reputation as quickly as possible.I'm not defending Wahoo but also I think you yourself will not be invited into any of the FBG board leagues anytime soon. Maybe you don't care right now but there is a way to handle these things and the Shark Pool has nothing to do with your situation. You didn't join this league because of an advertisement in the Shark Pool. What you really want is a complaint department or clerk to scream at so you are picking me today. Nice job friendo
That's crossing the line. Not saying I agree with the PM's, but no one cares about PM's being sent to you in this situation.Also, being a commish is not intense. If you have a good set of rules you will have very little problems. With the internet, being the commish is very easy. I was just starting to warm up to MOP also. I like the guys thoughts on games and players, but when it comes to anything else, it's tough.

It's nice to see people want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, and well it's the holidays, could be hurt, sick, etc. But if you commish 20+ leagues and disappear at the close of the season, when you know everyone is going to be looking for their payouts, something is bad wrong and these guys absolutely should be getting together and discussing a plan of action. Who in this position doesn't return e-mails in a few days, much less disappears for over three weeks. Even if the checks start showing up tomorrow, my trust would be gone for these leagues.
I have to admit, unless he is sick or dead it's not right that he hasn't contacted his leagues with payout info by now.

don't think this helps but i found this strangemy first year i played FF i joined a "quest fantasy football" league (commercial site). the second year (2009 season) i decided to buy an unclaimed dynasty team. they ran around 100 leagues so there were a lot of options. mostly all terrible teams that owners gave up on but i kept seeing a lot of teams for sale with the name "WAHOOS (#)" either the owner name frank gibson. his teams were REALLY good, most of them were sold in the first day. i managed to purchase one of his "lesser" teams that were not sold yet^^that's too good of a team to just give up on, and that was one of his lesser teams. he gave up several better teams than this
just brainstorming here but maybe none of his payments went through and quest put up all of his teams for sale the following year?
Thats the craziest part. His teams are Young STACKED TEAMS he could have easily cashed in the leagues im in with him for at least the next 3-4 years without doing anything.
Hey rex this is TWT im in about 10 of franks wahoo leagues and I think he has Multiple teams as well as running away with the money and he needs to be stopped... Im willing to commish these leagues if MFL can give up the passwords... I dont think anyone should give this POS another dime.... He has been trading bums for studs for a few years... ever since my dad TOM JAMES died in 08 and frank took over the leagues he has been shady... Mass mauraders, pigskin pirates, big d, and other teams are suspected to be his.... I hope we can resolve this I have been in these leagues since 2006 since the beginning and this really upsets me, my dad would be upset the most because he ran a tight ship and was always honest.... well hope we can resolve this guys thanks for your support, sent you an email rex and glad to hear someone wants to do something about it?
I would kick you out of my leagues if you were saying all of this about me.

A couple things

I feel that YOU are way out of line. You don't know if a guy is in a hospital....yet make this thread....have his REAL name posted....and have the audacity to get in a fight in a thread because someone disagrees with you.In Mike Gundy's conference "Who's the kid here? Are you kidding me? This makes me wanna puke"

I've been in leagues with Wahoos for 3 years, both as him the commish and not the commish. Talked to him online and he is a good guy.

I think people don't like the Commish being successful is part of this.

I had a very unsuccessful FF season....and asked Wahoos if I could get an extension(as well as other commishes who are in this thread even) on the 2011 dues. He granted that to me 2 or 3 weeks ago. Why would he do that if he is running away with the money? He said he trusts me b/c of the years we have been in leagues together. He also offered me a team b/c he had two openings b/c he knew I would pay up on that one as well before the season started. Trust goes a long ways.

Is it possible Wahoos ran away with the money? Sure

Is it possible everyone is overreacting because of these other commishes? Yes

Is it possible that something serious happened to Wahoos? Sure

We dont know what has happened. I have a problem with people posting his real name in his forum. He didn't send out a BS email. He didn't have leagues with a deposit up front mentality.

The fact of the matter is that Wahoos hasn't been on any of his league sites in 3 weeks. He hasn't opened waivers or expanded rosters which he has done every Jan 1st. He hasn't returned any emails or phone calls from numerous owners nor has he paid out any of the money won by his league members.

I'm not here to debate Trex vs MOP or make accusations toward Wahoos or his character......I'm not even trying to speculate as to what the reasons are that Wahoos isn't around. But the bottom line is that there are obviously some serious issues taking place in all of Wahoo's leagues and hopefully we will get an answer at some point in the near future.

The fact of the matter is that Wahoos hasn't been on any of his league sites in 3 weeks. He hasn't opened waivers or expanded rosters which he has done every Jan 1st. He hasn't returned any emails or phone calls from numerous owners nor has he paid out any of the money won by his league members.I'm not here to debate Trex vs MOP or make accusations toward Wahoos or his character......I'm not even trying to speculate as to what the reasons are that Wahoos isn't around. But the bottom line is that there are obviously some serious issues taking place in all of Wahoo's leagues and hopefully we will get an answer at some point in the near future.
If all owners acted as you have up until this point in this thread, then I would have no issue.But that isn't the case. People are upset and taking it out on others, which is childish.

I've been in leagues with Wahoos for 3 years, both as him the commish and not the commish. Talked to him online and he is a good guy.I think people don't like the Commish being successful is part of this.I had a very unsuccessful FF season....and asked Wahoos if I could get an extension(as well as other commishes who are in this thread even) on the 2011 dues. He granted that to me 2 or 3 weeks ago. Why would he do that if he is running away with the money? He said he trusts me b/c of the years we have been in leagues together. He also offered me a team b/c he had two openings b/c he knew I would pay up on that one as well before the season started. Trust goes a long ways.Is it possible Wahoos ran away with the money? SureIs it possible everyone is overreacting because of these other commishes? YesIs it possible that something serious happened to Wahoos? SureWe dont know what has happened. I have a problem with people posting his real name in his forum. He didn't send out a BS email. He didn't have leagues with a deposit up front mentality.
I have his cell phone number he has received messages from me.A. His phone ring so its not dead and has been charged recentlyB. Voice mail is not fullC. I have called more than once with my concerns and no call back. Should I wait until next year to be concerned??Because you know him means what to me? In my limited experience you seem to be regarded in not a very good light and seem to be a person that has allot more negative then positive things that you bring to Footballguys.

The fact of the matter is that Wahoos hasn't been on any of his league sites in 3 weeks. He hasn't opened waivers or expanded rosters which he has done every Jan 1st. He hasn't returned any emails or phone calls from numerous owners nor has he paid out any of the money won by his league members.I'm not here to debate Trex vs MOP or make accusations toward Wahoos or his character......I'm not even trying to speculate as to what the reasons are that Wahoos isn't around. But the bottom line is that there are obviously some serious issues taking place in all of Wahoo's leagues and hopefully we will get an answer at some point in the near future.
If all owners acted as you have up until this point in this thread, then I would have no issue.But that isn't the case. People are upset and taking it out on others, which is childish.
Give me an example of what I have said about Frank that was immature. Ive maintained the whole time he's possibly awol and have not said one negative thing about the man. Spin it any way you want but your dead wrong.

I've been in leagues with Wahoos for 3 years, both as him the commish and not the commish. Talked to him online and he is a good guy.

I had a very unsuccessful FF season....and asked Wahoos if I could get an extension(as well as other commishes who are in this thread even) on the 2011 dues. He granted that to me 2 or 3 weeks ago. Why would he do that if he is running away with the money? He said he trusts me b/c of the years we have been in leagues together. He also offered me a team b/c he had two openings b/c he knew I would pay up on that one as well before the season started. Trust goes a long ways.

We dont know what has happened. I have a problem with people posting his real name in his forum. He didn't send out a BS email. He didn't have leagues with a deposit up front mentality.
I have his cell phone number he has received messages from me.

A. His phone ring so its not dead and has been charged recently

B. Voice mail is not full

C. I have called more than once with my concerns and no call back.

Should I wait until next year to be concerned?? Did I or anyone else say this? You jump to conclusions faster than a high school girl.

Because you know him means what to me? In my limited experience you seem to be regarded in not a very good light and seem to be a person that has allot more negative then positive things that you bring to Footballguys. Haha, then what are you looking for in this thread? People in his leagues...guess what that's me. People that have talked to him recently....that's me too. People that have talked with him in the past....me. If everyone in the Shark Pool agreed....then Kareem Huggins would be in the Hall of Fame :goodposting:

Give me an example of what I have said about Frank that was immature. Ive maintained the whole time he's possibly awol and have not said one negative thing about the man. Spin it any way you want but your dead wrong.
You assuming this statement was about yourself.

Should I wait until next year to be concerned?? Did I or anyone else say this? You jump to conclusions faster than a high school girl.

Because you know him means what to me? In my limited experience you seem to be regarded in not a very good light and seem to be a person that has allot more negative then positive things that you bring to Footballguys. Haha, then what are you looking for in this thread? People in his leagues...guess what that's me. People that have talked to him recently....that's me too. People that have talked with him in the past....me. If everyone in the Shark Pool agreed....then Kareem Huggins would be in the Hall of Fame :unsure:
Do me a favor next time you talk to him ask his intentions, as he will not return my emails or Phone calls. He could say I'll pay you in July and I'd be okay with that. I just need to know where things stand.

Because you know him means what to me? In my limited experience you seem to be regarded in not a very good light and seem to be a person that has allot more negative then positive things that you bring to Footballguys. Haha, then what are you looking for in this thread? People in his leagues...guess what that's me. People that have talked to him recently....that's me too. People that have talked with him in the past....me. If everyone in the Shark Pool agreed....then Kareem Huggins would be in the Hall of Fame :unsure:
Do me a favor next time you talk to him ask his intentions, as he will not return my emails or Phone calls. He could say I'll pay you in July and I'd be okay with that. I just need to know where things stand.
As do ALL of us in his leagues. But telling me my opinion is held less b/c of the Shark pool...telling MOP to stay out of the thread doesn't help either. Take a deep breath...

I've said it earlier....TRex is a good guy and did the right thing by starting this thread. While things may have gotten heated between him and MOP - it doesn't change the fact that Rex hasn't tried to slander Wahoos - imo.

Lets keep this thread focused on the issue at hand and on the fact that Wahoos leagues have some serious problems at the moment and a commissioner who is MIA.

I've said it earlier....TRex is a good guy and did the right thing by starting this thread. While things may have gotten heated between him and MOP - it doesn't change the fact that Rex hasn't tried to slander Wahoos - imo.Lets keep this thread focused on the issue at hand and on the fact that Wahoos leagues have some serious problems at the moment and a commissioner who is MIA.
Good Guy....I haven't seen respect for MOP or myself. Not very gentlemanly at all.

T.Rex said:
don't think this helps but i found this strangemy first year i played FF i joined a "quest fantasy football" league (commercial site). the second year (2009 season) i decided to buy an unclaimed dynasty team. they ran around 100 leagues so there were a lot of options. mostly all terrible teams that owners gave up on but i kept seeing a lot of teams for sale with the name "WAHOOS (#)" either the owner name frank gibson. his teams were REALLY good, most of them were sold in the first day. i managed to purchase one of his "lesser" teams that were not sold yet^^that's too good of a team to just give up on, and that was one of his lesser teams. he gave up several better teams than this
just brainstorming here but maybe none of his payments went through and quest put up all of his teams for sale the following year?
Thats the craziest part. His teams are Young STACKED TEAMS he could have easily cashed in the leagues im in with him for at least the next 3-4 years without doing anything.
Hey rex this is TWT im in about 10 of franks wahoo leagues and I think he has Multiple teams as well as running away with the money and he needs to be stopped... Im willing to commish these leagues if MFL can give up the passwords... I dont think anyone should give this POS another dime.... He has been trading bums for studs for a few years... ever since my dad TOM JAMES died in 08 and frank took over the leagues he has been shady... Mass mauraders, pigskin pirates, big d, and other teams are suspected to be his.... I hope we can resolve this I have been in these leagues since 2006 since the beginning and this really upsets me, my dad would be upset the most because he ran a tight ship and was always honest.... well hope we can resolve this guys thanks for your support, sent you an email rex and glad to hear someone wants to do something about it?
T, Your dad ran these leagues prior to Frank?
yes sir he was one of the inventors of almost 15 leagues...... he was commish of almost all of them... I thought I could trust frank but then when owners quit its hard to find owners sometimes... I guess he thought having multiple teams under different aliases would make it easier to win and stack money, better odds, trades were made constantly with these people who we never heard from.. never had any aim names or never talked to any of these newcomers on the phone.... Peso pointed out some funny trades in DIE HARD... anyone who wants to look at it go to DIE HARD dynasty league and check out the transactions for the past couple of years between wahoos and pigskin pirates... Ok well im just disgusted because I had some of my dads teams and even had a TOM JAMES DYNASTY LEAGUE that frank was commissioned... I will be commish of these leagues if he is untrustworthy anyone who can help please contact me....

A couple things1. Being a Commish is tough. I Commish a few leagues including a dyansty league with sevral regular FBG posters and I can tell you the pressure to do right is intense. 2. The season has just ended and I have played in leagues where the checks didn't go out until the Super Bowl. A lot of times right after the FF season is over, owners like to relax and focus on the NFL playoffs. It sounds like people were wanting their checks right after Philly was done with that Tuesday night game. Christmas and New Years just passed. You all are doing permanent damage to the leagues meaning if he pops up in the next week and cuts the checks I'm not sure these leagues can continue. Is the money that much? I feel like whoever the $500 winner was has already spent the money and needs it immediately. Technically the money should go out shortly after the season ends. I also think anytime the checks go out in January is fine. I have a league where I am waiting for roughly a few hundred bucks to come back to me...but I know the commish well and I'm sure I'll see that check in the next couple weeks. Not a big deal.What if he had emailed back and said he wouldn't be sending the checks out until mid to late January? You probably would have been mad about that too. Not defending Frank but I have competed with him and I never saw anything that would lead me to believe he was working this place for the last 3-4 years for the "big score". And others said his teams are set up to compete for the next many years. Traded duds for studs, sounds like he is a great owner. I think this thread should have waited at least another week...and I bet he does answer you all back soon and you are going to look foolish.
I understand your point Ministry but your missing the point.... Not only is the not paying funny but the fact that he had multiple teams... he would kick an owner out, or an owner would quit and he would make up a fake email and even had same logos, icons, made real funny trades, was never on at diff times... didn't have any kind of messanger, and he got busted by PESO>...... anyone who thinks im full of it should talk to PESO he will tell you everything but other then that yea the checks haven't been cut and he is MIA... this is ridiculous.... im gettting upset

A couple things

Exactly we said we seen the writing on the wall,,,,, the double teams, trades being made that were unfair.... I called his phone left a message and no response and its been over 24 hours..... People lets get real here...

anyone who doubts go to these leauges and look at some of the transactions

ballers

Headbangers

TNT

BIG12

Die hard

playboys

all stars

this is BS we need to stop it.....

:angry: this is crazy we have a real concern with about 15 leagues that seem to be getting hijacked and we have clowns like ministry running his mouth??? who invited u to post on the subject.. you know all you guys that think he is just hurt or maybe missing and thats why he isn't paying dont know what the heck your talking about.... i have seen the guy kick out owners and replace them with funny names and make trades right away to the betterment of one side... we dont need this board filled up with mockery artists and clowns who want to call me and my friends liars or make us out to be some tyrants or oooh what if hes hurt..... oooh ... I would not wish anyone bad but this is not the point and some of you are clearly missing what we are trying to get resolved not just ruin a guys reputation... None of us wanted to do this we Like Frank and obviously trusted him to send him Hundreds of dollars dipshi*.... get outta here this is just urking me.....

im not sending him another dime... we didn't even mentiont he inseason rule changes he put in place... he would put votes out in a 12 team league and they were supposed to be passed if 7 voted.... we would get 7, 8, 9 people vote and he wouldn't change he said everyone had to be in favor... I really hope he is ok and isn't hurt or in trouble somewhere but I really in my heart think he ran off with the money... he won in like 12-15 leauges and came in second in a few and won div in a bunch, points in a few so he had the money to pay out the little that was left... thats the sad part he wasnt a commish with 20 leauges not winning any and owing like thousands that he already spent. unless all of that money was spent LOL which I think is the case... sad story but I learned my lesson... Im only gonna commish my leagues or close friends... I actually have a dynasty sharks league opening up that needs about 10 spots.....

I would kick you out of my leagues if you were saying all of this about me.
He wouldn't have to kick me out I wouldn't send that guy another dime..... like i stated earlier

A couple things

I feel that YOU are way out of line. You don't know if a guy is in a hospital....yet make this thread....have his REAL name posted....and have the audacity to get in a fight in a thread because someone disagrees with you.In Mike Gundy's conference "Who's the kid here? Are you kidding me? This makes me wanna puke"
DUDE not to be a di$k but you are in 1 league with the guy your opinion doesnt matter.... im in 15 with him I think I know what Im talkin about bud....

:deadhorse:

Because you know him means what to me? In my limited experience you seem to be regarded in not a very good light and seem to be a person that has allot more negative then positive things that you bring to Footballguys. Haha, then what are you looking for in this thread? People in his leagues...guess what that's me. People that have talked to him recently....that's me too. People that have talked with him in the past....me. If everyone in the Shark Pool agreed....then Kareem Huggins would be in the Hall of Fame :tfp:
oh ya when's the last time you talked to him??? a couple weeks.... I talked to him a couple weeks ago and he stated in an AIM that the leagues are gonna be tricky to keep open this year????? I responded with FRANK WHY?? what do u mean.... never heard back and it has been about 2 weeks.... yea let me know if u have heard from him this week wow u must be his best buddy cuz dont look like he has checked in to sites in over 3 weeks, FA hasn't started the first like it always does and still no payouts ?????? i guess we are all just idiots and badmouthers rex and others.... get real grow up fellas I have known frank for 5 years and seemed like a good guy..... the guy who shot all them people might have seemed like a good guy You dont know what these people will do and how they will react to sit presented... Im sick of all these people thinking we are crazy and their must be some terrible tragedy....... open your eyes People and if you are in so many leagues with Frank and dont notice some things wrong you are naive and should find a different hobby

Quick update,

Someone was kind enough to give me Franks number. Yesterday I called him and left a couple of messages, the phone rang 3 times each call and I left a message urging some type of response either via call back or text. I have not received either.

By the evening the phone was turned off and picked up 1st ring. No message left

This morning phone was back on.

I understand the concern for his well being and I am happy it appears he's okay however, the lack of correspondence is now becoming more of a concern.

If anyone here knows Frank personally please try and get a hold of him. If he does not have the money but his intentions are good it would be nice to know his line of thinking.

**** I would urge any commissioner that owes Frank money to hold off payment until we here from him****

Again I am not accusing Frank of wrong doing at this point, but it's getting very close.

trex you are almost there... well steam it off and wonder for another week or two but you will come to the realization I came to about a year ago.... its over bro.... we need help if we are gonna resurrect these leagues:(

Users who are viewing this thread