What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another Commish(OFFICIALLY) has gone Awol (3 Viewers)

I think the point is a good one, to a point.

If you see someone that starts 3-4 or even or even more new leagues a year, you have to ask why? It's definitely a warning sign for a scam. Someone that starts 1-2 new leagues a year, and builds over time, especially with partners, perhaps that's better?

But the most IMPORTANT thing is how they hold the money. If the half dozen scams this year alone have taught anyone anything, it's that no one should join a league... no one... that isn't Leaguesafe. Perhaps a $10-20 entry league, since there is no incentive for fraud, but no more than that. It just isn't worth it.

Insist on Leaguesafe, period, and walk... no wait... run... from any guy who tells you "I have been running X number of leagues for X number of years. I trust myself as do my team. I couldn't live with myself if I stole the money, so I never will. If you don't trust me, I don't know what to tell you, but I don't believe in that newfangled technology called Leaguesafe... heh, did you hear they charge a 3% fee on deposit? Yes, just mail that check to me, and trust me."

Seriously... be smart with your money and only use Leaguesafe.

Even though not everyone is a thief, I wouldn't recommend joining more than one league with the same commissioner, who has more than two or three leagues that he or she is the commissioner, especially those that are running a ridiculous number of leagues. That lessons the sting should something happen.
So you going to leave some HA leagues?
I'm in 2 leagues with Ryan and feel pretty good about him as a commish. If I was in 7 of them and felt uneasy about him as a commish (say he doesn't pay owners until March or later), then yes, I would probably drop down to one league.
If I were going to pull off a scam of this magnitude, I'd make sure to be a model commish the first year or two to make people trust me.Basically I don't think it means anything that he's paid on time before.
That just reinforces what I was saying that it's probably not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket. Whether we're already doing it to some degree is one thing, doing it even more in the future is another. I'm currently only in 2 leagues with the same commish. I would feel very uneasy if that number was 10, regardless how well I THINK I know that person, especially internet strangers.
you do have a good point... I had over 10 with this guy and thought i could trust him... im down to like 2 with one commish and i will be commishing 2... sorry to seem so combative I was just venting.... But i see your point about internet strangers... thanks for your postings

Even though not everyone is a thief, I wouldn't recommend joining more than one league with the same commissioner, who has more than two or three leagues that he or she is the commissioner, especially those that are running a ridiculous number of leagues. That lessons the sting should something happen.
I'm in 2 leagues with Ryan and feel pretty good about him as a commish. If I was in 7 of them and felt uneasy about him as a commish (say he doesn't pay owners until March or later), then yes, I would probably drop down to one league.
so basically your last post was nonsense.. you said its not smart to join more then one league with the same commish.... ahhh no... sorry buddy try again... I doubt anyone will agree with that just bc a few knuckleheads are cheats... there are lots of trustworthy fantasy players out there
Does anyone else notice how combative and immature this guy comes off as?
Oh come on lighten up brother, I think I have been pretty calm in this whole charade and have been pretty cool about the whole situation..... sorry that I offended you because I disagreed with one of the points that he made...

I have to agree w TwT. I was in two leagues w his father and I have never had a problem. Same w TwT as well.

I have allot more information on Frank that im not yet ready to make public.I Have several nubers of his family members His address and his family members addy's.I spoke with a family member of Frank's yesterday he assured me it was a misunderstanding. He said he would call Frank at work and have him call me right away. I have not recieved a call yet.I also called either his sister or mother. They run a salon out of thier home. I told the lady that I strongly encourage her to have Frank call me. She said she would call him and pass the message on.I am real close to tracking down where he works and getting his work number amongst other things.stay tuned.
Any update?

so basically your last post was nonsense.. you said its not smart to join more then one league with the same commish.... ahhh no... sorry buddy try again... I doubt anyone will agree with that just bc a few knuckleheads are cheats... there are lots of trustworthy fantasy players out there
It's unreal and why I wrote what I did. I distinctly remember him given a timouts preseaon this year as he couldn't handle it in the SP or follow the rules. He seems as fishy as Gibson. As soon as I pointed out in his thread that he was selling teams off in Frank's leagues with knowledge of the fraud he then went and changed his OP...check the time stamps.

I think I have been pretty calm in this whole charade and have been pretty cool about the whole situation.....
:goodposting:The best part, five posts later:
T with T said:
your wrong buddy I was selling them teams weeks ago and forgot about that post and didn't know how to delete... the teams are not being sold anymore so why do you keep bringing that up BIG D?????? ur a punk u need to leave the room.. I got suspended from this board for using foul language which was just a mistake and I learned from... why do you bring that up????? you must be big d or frank because you are the only one that would know about that
Jesus.

One last warning. This thread is going to be deleted if the catfight stuff with each other and the "lets post his personal information and see what kind of damage we can do" posts keep on.

J

Interesting that you threaten to delete the thread when it's been two weeks since any bit of personal information (an email address) was posted. And why threaten to delete it instead of lock it/delete the personal info? At least the warning/caution would remain out there.

Joe appears to be talking more about the "cat fight" that was going on. The addresses were just part of the whole deal.

update trex talked to wahoos on the phone and this is what he said....

I have talked to Frank personally via the phone. He is living with a friend whom seems to be a person of high integrity . He at first was shocked to hear this as well. This Gentleman promised to have Frank call me back, and Frank did.

Basically I got a "woes is me" story of how his life is in shambles. Lost his Wife, House, Dog ect.. He is living with friends and bouncing around ect. He didn't seem overly remorseful and obviously had several other things coming down on him.

Bottom line, he has no money and nobody is going to get paid. He didn't sound like he planned on making good on the debt.

update trex talked to wahoos on the phone and this is what he said.... I have talked to Frank personally via the phone. He is living with a friend whom seems to be a person of high integrity . He at first was shocked to hear this as well. This Gentleman promised to have Frank call me back, and Frank did. Basically I got a "woes is me" story of how his life is in shambles. Lost his Wife, House, Dog ect.. He is living with friends and bouncing around ect. He didn't seem overly remorseful and obviously had several other things coming down on him. Bottom line, he has no money and nobody is going to get paid. He didn't sound like he planned on making good on the debt.
Just seems weird that he'd post in early Dec about playoffs, but suddenly come 2-3 weeks later his life fell apart.The whole 'see ya' team name isn't going to help matters in his defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
update trex talked to wahoos on the phone and this is what he said.... I have talked to Frank personally via the phone. He is living with a friend whom seems to be a person of high integrity . He at first was shocked to hear this as well. This Gentleman promised to have Frank call me back, and Frank did. Basically I got a "woes is me" story of how his life is in shambles. Lost his Wife, House, Dog ect.. He is living with friends and bouncing around ect. He didn't seem overly remorseful and obviously had several other things coming down on him. Bottom line, he has no money and nobody is going to get paid. He didn't sound like he planned on making good on the debt.
Just seems weird that he'd post in early Dec about playoffs, but suddenly come 2-3 weeks later his life fell apart.The whole 'see ya' team name isn't going to help matters in his defense.
well see ya was big d who is his x brother in law supposedly... they were in on shady deals though and working together so u are right though

T with T said:
He will be back in the future under a new name and new address taking money from hard working FF addicts. Once he got a taste and knows he can get away with it, what's to stop him from doing this scam over and over unless everyone insists on LeagueSafe?

Last edited by a moderator:
T with T said:
He will be back in the future under a new name and new address taking money from hard working FF addicts. Once he got a taste and knows he can get away with it, what's to stop him from doing this scam over and over unless everyone insists on LeagueSafe?
Im sure he will if no one can stop him.. its just a shame that some fantasy footballers can't commish leagues right and end up being big cheats

Sorry to hear this happened. I was in 2 leagues (Texaz and FF Ballers). I only stayed through this year because I paid half of it because I traded draft picks. I left right after the season, and just saw all of this when I went in to check on if anyone had taken over my team yet.

I wasn't happy with the leagues and thought there was something shady with Frank when rule proposals would come up and it seemed like him and all his friends would gang up on me when I disagreed with it (now learning those friends may have been him makes sense). We had rule changes at the weirdest time of the season and I disagreed, but would get shot down and told that "all of the leagues I run are doing this". Then the lopsided trades with his friends... So I decided once I didn't owe anymore money, I would leave...and I did.

Good luck to the future of these leagues, but I think it will be hard to get replacements for a lot of it.

WKTSWAY

Yep and I pointed it out a while ago and got a lot of heat for it.

Yep and I pointed it out a while ago and got a lot of heat for it.
This Board was about Frank and how he ran away with money, not if you think Im combative or not, which Im obviously not, Im well respected commish and Know from the inside how Shady Frank was and you can troll all you want and try to run my name through the mud Ministry but your pathetic attempts to scare away ffootballers or marr my name is gonna go Unnoticed by real ffootball addicts because my main goal is to run and be part of a bunch of competitive, ffootball leagues, not to act like big shot and be combative... sorry if I came off that way but that is just not right I don't deserve this

Users who are viewing this thread