What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (4 Viewers)

The Marines while on ship/float were told...." Mutiny would be put down with extreme violence"....Why would we want to treat our criminals better than our Military?

NOUN
  1. an open rebellion against the proper authorities, especially by soldiers or sailors against their officers:
    "a mutiny by those manning the weapons could trigger a global war" synonyms: insurrection · rebellion · revolt · riot · uprising · [more]
    insurgence · insubordination
VERB
  1. refuse to obey the orders of a person in authority.
    synonyms: rise up · rebel · revolt · riot · disobey/defy authority ·
So like I said earlier (and was met with eye rolls), you believe that any disobedience of the police can be met with deadly force. Just so we're clear.

The Marines while on ship/float were told...." Mutiny would be put down with extreme violence"....Why would we want to treat our criminals better than our Military?

NOUN
  1. an open rebellion against the proper authorities, especially by soldiers or sailors against their officers:
    "a mutiny by those manning the weapons could trigger a global war" synonyms: insurrection · rebellion · revolt · riot · uprising · [more]
VERB
So like I said earlier (and was met with eye rolls), you believe that any disobedience of the police can be met with deadly force. Just so we're clear.
Deadly when required. If you physically oppose an officer I believe he should be able to beat the piss out of you. If you use any weapon on an officer I believe you have gone outside society norms and we don't need you around anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

NOUN
VERB
Deadly when required. If you physically oppose an officer I believe he should be able to beat the piss out of you. If you use any weapon on an officer I believe you have gone outside society norms and we don't need you around anymore.
Do you think the cop was justified shooting the guy in side and back? You seem to give cops a lot of leeway. Beat the piss out of you and shoot you in the back are 2 different things.

NOUN
VERB
Do you think the cop was justified shooting the guy in side and back? You seem to give cops a lot of leeway. Beat the piss out of you and shoot you in the back are 2 different things.
If in fact he were trying to run him over yes. If he were just driving away no. See herein lies the problem. How do you prove that the police officer did not feel like his life was threatened at that time in that heat of the moment. You can't go back. The kid made a foolish decision and paid the ultimate price. You and I were not there how can we possibly know what the officer felt, how can we judge if his actions were justified. This is why I always say nothing good happens when you run.

NOUN
VERB
If in fact he were trying to run him over yes. If he were just driving away no. See herein lies the problem. How do you prove that the police officer did not feel like his life was threatened at that time in that heat of the moment. You can't go back. The kid made a foolish decision and paid the ultimate price. You and I were not there how can we possibly know what the officer felt, how can we judge if his actions were justified. This is why I always say nothing good happens when you run.
Forensics might give an answer to that.

Relative position of shooter and shootee should give a strong indication whether the officer was in danger at the time of the shooting. If he shot a guy driving past him, should he go to jail for murder, in your book?

NOUN
VERB
Forensics might give an answer to that.

Relative position of shooter and shootee should give a strong indication whether the officer was in danger at the time of the shooting. If he shot a guy driving past him, should he go to jail for murder, in your book?
I'm not an attorney but I don't think it would meet the threshold of murder......most probably manslaughter. And yes if he caused another's death, unjustified...then yes.

Da Guru said:
Bucky86, on 28 Oct 2015 - 6:50 PM, said:
Ditka Butkus, on 28 Oct 2015 - 3:45 PM, said:
Bucky86, on 28 Oct 2015 - 3:25 PM, said:
Ditka Butkus, on 28 Oct 2015 - 3:21 PM, said:In all off these cases, if the dumb ### criminal would have just obeyed a command, they would still be alive. Shame they just weren't smart enough to do that.
:bs:

That's just factually incorrect.
The guy didn't die so he doesn't count. The title is "Another Killing At The Hands of The Police".
His intent was to kill, so thats enough for me.
Who would ever want to be a cop??
I fully admit that I'd never want to be one. Have #######s like me MMQBing your every move when you arrest and charge somebody.

Da Guru said:

Ditka Butkus, on 28 Oct 2015 - 3:21 PM, said:

In all off these cases, if the dumb ### criminal would have just obeyed a command, they would still be alive. Shame they just weren't smart enough to do that.
:bs: That's just factually incorrect.
The guy didn't die so he doesn't count. The title is "Another Killing At The Hands of The Police".
I fully admit that I'd never want to be one. Have #######s like me MMQBing your every move when you arrest and charge somebody.
Depends on the city. California cities pay a fortune for cops with 90% pension at 50. Not worth it for cities like Oakland or Stockton, but Orinda, Granite Bay, Los Altos, Carlsbad, etc? Sign me up.

In all off these cases, if the dumb ### criminal would have just obeyed a command, they would still be alive. Shame they just weren't smart enough to do that.
Depends on the city. California cities pay a fortune for cops with 90% pension at 50. Not worth it for cities like Oakland or Stockton, but Orinda, Granite Bay, Los Altos, Carlsbad, etc? Sign me up.
It's a scam

It's a scam
Fireman too, who needs people to put fires out? So dumb!

No matter how this one shakes out, it's horribly sad. A 6-year-old shot by cops in a car with his father while they were unarmed.

Louisiana police concede officers fired shots that killed six-year-old boy
Code:
State investigators conceded on Thursday that local police officers had fired the shots that killed a small boy in Marksville, Louisiana, and disavowed an earlier explanation for why the officers deployed their guns.The boy, Jeremy Mardis, died on Tuesday night after police shot into a car driven by his father, Chris Few. On Thursday, Colonel Michael Edmonson, head of the Louisiana state police, denied earlier reports that Few had been reversing his car toward the officers, who then had to defend themselves. “No. I didn’t say that,” he told the Guardian. “That didn’t come from me.”At a press conference, Edmonson initially described the shooting as “an exchange of gunfire”, but later clarified that only the officers had shot, and that investigators had found no gun in Few’s car. Officials had previously declined to confirm whether officer gunfire was responsible for Mardis’s death.Edmonson also said video footage of the incident does exist, but that investigators have not reviewed it. He added that the officers involved – there are four – had so far refused to speak with state police investigators. Police have not released the names of the involved officers.Asked by the Guardian what reason they offered for their silence, Edmonson said: “You’d have to ask them. We are trying to talk with them.”At least one of the shooters was a Marksville police officer who was moonlighting for the city marshal’s office, an agency responsible for serving court papers . But according to Marksville’s mayor, John Lemoine, city marshal Floyd Voinche and his officers have recently begun overstepping their authority.“I don’t know why he felt the need to start patrolling in city limits,” Lemoine said Thursday of Voinche. “It makes no sense to me.”The Guardian could not reach Voinche for comment before press time.Edmonson, the state police head, said his investigators started gathering evidence the night of the shooting, attempting to reconstruct what happened without the cooperation of the officers involved.Orange spray paint marks the orientation of Few’s car and three patrol cars, at the intersection of Taensas Street and Martin Luther King Drive. The particular placement of the cars – and a spray of glass from the passenger’s side of Few’s car – seems to indicate Few was not backing toward the officers. His car was perpendicular to them, and the officers’ shots hit the driver’s side broadside.Avoyolles Parish coroner LJ Mayeux said Mardis was killed by multiple gunshot wounds to the head and torso. He died at the scene. His father, Few, is in serious condition at Rapides Hospital in Alexandria, Louisiana.Few’s fiancee, Megan Dixon, said the entire tragedy started with a romantic dispute. Earlier on Tuesday night, she said, she and Few had bickered at TJ’s pool hall, and she had left with a friend named Sally. Few also left, and picked up his son at a relative’s house.A short while later, Few pulled up next to Dixon at a stop light – Marksville is a small town – and tried to get her to come home with him. “I wouldn’t do it,” she said. “I’m stubborn.”Moments later, she said, as the cars pulled away from the light, she saw two marshals’ cars – marked in black and white – approaching from behind with their lights flashing. She looked into Few’s car as he pulled away, and he was pointing at his son’s head, indicating that he was in the car and he wasn’t sure what to do.Few was afraid of the marshals, she said, because he and and one of the marshals on the scene had a prior personal conflict.

It's a scam
Fireman too, who needs people to put fires out? So dumb!
Strawmen are fun.

No matter how this one shakes out, it's horribly sad. A 6-year-old shot by cops in a car with his father while they were unarmed.

Louisiana police concede officers fired shots that killed six-year-old boyState investigators conceded on Thursday that local police officers had fired the shots that killed a small boy in Marksville, Louisiana, and disavowed an earlier explanation for why the officers deployed their guns.The boy, Jeremy Mardis, died on Tuesday night after police shot into a car driven by his father, Chris Few. On Thursday, Colonel Michael Edmonson, head of the Louisiana state police, denied earlier reports that Few had been reversing his car toward the officers, who then had to defend themselves. “No. I didn’t say that,” he told the Guardian. “That didn’t come from me.”At a press conference, Edmonson initially described the shooting as “an exchange of gunfire”, but later clarified that only the officers had shot, and that investigators had found no gun in Few’s car. Officials had previously declined to confirm whether officer gunfire was responsible for Mardis’s death.Edmonson also said video footage of the incident does exist, but that investigators have not reviewed it. He added that the officers involved – there are four – had so far refused to speak with state police investigators. Police have not released the names of the involved officers.Asked by the Guardian what reason they offered for their silence, Edmonson said: “You’d have to ask them. We are trying to talk with them.”At least one of the shooters was a Marksville police officer who was moonlighting for the city marshal’s office, an agency responsible for serving court papers . But according to Marksville’s mayor, John Lemoine, city marshal Floyd Voinche and his officers have recently begun overstepping their authority.“I don’t know why he felt the need to start patrolling in city limits,” Lemoine said Thursday of Voinche. “It makes no sense to me.”The Guardian could not reach Voinche for comment before press time.Edmonson, the state police head, said his investigators started gathering evidence the night of the shooting, attempting to reconstruct what happened without the cooperation of the officers involved.Orange spray paint marks the orientation of Few’s car and three patrol cars, at the intersection of Taensas Street and Martin Luther King Drive. The particular placement of the cars – and a spray of glass from the passenger’s side of Few’s car – seems to indicate Few was not backing toward the officers. His car was perpendicular to them, and the officers’ shots hit the driver’s side broadside.Avoyolles Parish coroner LJ Mayeux said Mardis was killed by multiple gunshot wounds to the head and torso. He died at the scene. His father, Few, is in serious condition at Rapides Hospital in Alexandria, Louisiana.Few’s fiancee, Megan Dixon, said the entire tragedy started with a romantic dispute. Earlier on Tuesday night, she said, she and Few had bickered at TJ’s pool hall, and she had left with a friend named Sally. Few also left, and picked up his son at a relative’s house.A short while later, Few pulled up next to Dixon at a stop light – Marksville is a small town – and tried to get her to come home with him. “I wouldn’t do it,” she said. “I’m stubborn.”Moments later, she said, as the cars pulled away from the light, she saw two marshals’ cars – marked in black and white – approaching from behind with their lights flashing. She looked into Few’s car as he pulled away, and he was pointing at his son’s head, indicating that he was in the car and he wasn’t sure what to do.Few was afraid of the marshals, she said, because he and and one of the marshals on the scene had a prior personal conflict.
Has there been any looting or burning of buildings----protests?

Amazing that Louisiana taxpayers pay for a roving band of murderers. If Obama does not institute massive nationwide police reform he will have sidestepped the biggest challenge of his presidency.

If this happened the way the report says, all four should serve time for murder.

Louisiana police concede officers fired shots that killed six-year-old boyState investigators conceded on Thursday that local police officers had fired the shots that killed a small boy in Marksville, Louisiana, and disavowed an earlier explanation for why the officers deployed their guns.The boy, Jeremy Mardis, died on Tuesday night after police shot into a car driven by his father, Chris Few. On Thursday, Colonel Michael Edmonson, head of the Louisiana state police, denied earlier reports that Few had been reversing his car toward the officers, who then had to defend themselves. “No. I didn’t say that,” he told the Guardian. “That didn’t come from me.”At a press conference, Edmonson initially described the shooting as “an exchange of gunfire”, but later clarified that only the officers had shot, and that investigators had found no gun in Few’s car. Officials had previously declined to confirm whether officer gunfire was responsible for Mardis’s death.Edmonson also said video footage of the incident does exist, but that investigators have not reviewed it. He added that the officers involved – there are four – had so far refused to speak with state police investigators. Police have not released the names of the involved officers.Asked by the Guardian what reason they offered for their silence, Edmonson said: “You’d have to ask them. We are trying to talk with them.”At least one of the shooters was a Marksville police officer who was moonlighting for the city marshal’s office, an agency responsible for serving court papers . But according to Marksville’s mayor, John Lemoine, city marshal Floyd Voinche and his officers have recently begun overstepping their authority.“I don’t know why he felt the need to start patrolling in city limits,” Lemoine said Thursday of Voinche. “It makes no sense to me.”The Guardian could not reach Voinche for comment before press time.Edmonson, the state police head, said his investigators started gathering evidence the night of the shooting, attempting to reconstruct what happened without the cooperation of the officers involved.Orange spray paint marks the orientation of Few’s car and three patrol cars, at the intersection of Taensas Street and Martin Luther King Drive. The particular placement of the cars – and a spray of glass from the passenger’s side of Few’s car – seems to indicate Few was not backing toward the officers. His car was perpendicular to them, and the officers’ shots hit the driver’s side broadside.Avoyolles Parish coroner LJ Mayeux said Mardis was killed by multiple gunshot wounds to the head and torso. He died at the scene. His father, Few, is in serious condition at Rapides Hospital in Alexandria, Louisiana.Few’s fiancee, Megan Dixon, said the entire tragedy started with a romantic dispute. Earlier on Tuesday night, she said, she and Few had bickered at TJ’s pool hall, and she had left with a friend named Sally. Few also left, and picked up his son at a relative’s house.A short while later, Few pulled up next to Dixon at a stop light – Marksville is a small town – and tried to get her to come home with him. “I wouldn’t do it,” she said. “I’m stubborn.”Moments later, she said, as the cars pulled away from the light, she saw two marshals’ cars – marked in black and white – approaching from behind with their lights flashing. She looked into Few’s car as he pulled away, and he was pointing at his son’s head, indicating that he was in the car and he wasn’t sure what to do.Few was afraid of the marshals, she said, because he and and one of the marshals on the scene had a prior personal conflict.
So since you can't find fault with the family that got shot at, you're going to just go running down the race route instead.

And because this was white people, and the local white people didn't riot, this is somehow a condemnation of black people.

You are an amazing, consistent jackass of a gymnast.

So since you can't find fault with the family that got shot at, you're going to just go running down the race route instead.

And because this was white people, and the local white people didn't riot, this is somehow a condemnation of black people.

WTF are you talking about. The only mention of black and white is the police car. GFY

true to form for him.

WTF are you talking about. The only mention of black and white is the police car. GFY
If you are going to race-bate, at least be a man about it.

If you are going to race-bate, at least be a man about it.
:lmao:

Tuscaloosa Cops on camera invading an apartment without a warrant and ripping students out of the apartment and tasing and beating them.

The one thing that has definitely emerged is that cops really don't believe that the law applies to them at all. The officer can be heard saying he doesn't need a warrant to go into someone's residence, and another tells the hysterical girl crying to shut the #### up and that he doesn't care that he's on camera.

Again, if Obama leaves office without instituting massive reform in this area he has failed the nation and black Americans most of all.

Hands up don't shoot revisited

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34769178

Jeremy Mardis: Driver's hands 'were up' when boy killed
Body camera footage shows that the father of a six-year-old autistic boy was attempting to surrender before police opened fire, killing his son, a lawyer has said.
Mark Jeansonne said his client, Chris Few, had his hands up and was not threatening police when gunfire began.

Two city marshals in Louisiana have been charged with second-degree murder.

The lawyer had not seen the video, but it was described to a judge during a court proceeding on Monday.

The two men opened fire on a car in which the family was riding during a traffic stop in Marksville, Louisiana.

As lawyers gathered at the court, mourners met for Jeremy Mardis' funeral in neighbouring Hattiesburg, Mississippi, from where he had recently moved.

Mr Few meanwhile remained in hospital, unable to attend his son's final service.

He has not been told that his son is dead, the lawyer said.

Col Michael Edmonson of Louisiana state police said on Monday he was still "figuring out" why the father and son's car was being pursued by police.

Hopefully they did not see the boy was in the back seat before they fired, he told CNN.

However, Mr Edmonson said there was no evidence a warrant was issued, and that no gun was found at the crime scene.The two officers, Derrick Stafford and Norris Greenhouse, were arrested on Friday after body-camera footage taken from them was assessed.

Referring to the body-camera footage of the incident, Col Edmondson added: "I can tell you, it is the most disturbing thing I've seen, and I'll leave it like that."

They each face charges of second-degree murder and second-degree attempted murder. They are currently being held in a Louisiana jail.

Ditka Butkus said:

i see you are being you again :lmao:

I guess this guy stabbed someone earlier, but JFC do they unload on him. NSFW.

https://twitter.com/krispyyyxchris/status/672482649072513024
He had his shot. They gave him ample opportunity to rejoin the human race. He elected not to, they obliged. :thumbup: No one will remember this loser a week from now.
you sound like Judge Dredd
Just cleaning up the streets. I loved how they surrounded and cornered this loser and then let him have it. It was like the old west.

No problem with this one. Sadly, some idiot will mention that he was running away from the cops, and wasn't a threat with his back to them, so why'd he get shot?

This how they handled it back in the Bonnie and Clyde days......Nobody seemed to care then. Why are we so concerned for the criminals now?
Because the definition of "the criminals" has changed. It used to mean "the guy(s) who committed this crime." Now it also sometimes includes "the people who scare or anger the police".

This how they handled it back in the Bonnie and Clyde days......Nobody seemed to care then. Why are we so concerned for the criminals now?
Because the definition of "the criminals" has changed. It used to mean "the guy(s) who committed this crime." Now it also sometimes includes "the people who scare or anger the police".
I do enjoy the logic behind the argument, though. "If it worked for everyone in the 1930s, why change it?" Ah, the 1930s. When America was at its best.

I do enjoy the logic behind the argument, though. "If it worked for everyone in the 1930s, why change it?" Ah, the 1930s. When America was at its best.
Well, at the end of that decade and the start of the next we did stop the Nazis from taking over the world. So there's that.

Well, at the end of that decade and the start of the next we did stop the Nazis from taking over the world. So there's that.
?

?
Yeah yeah, my bad. You know where I was going with that.

?
Forget it, he's rolling.

?
Yeah yeah, my bad. You know where I was going with that.
A different decade, when we shifted our policies about 180 degrees?

Officer Who Mistakenly Shot DUI Suspect Won't Face Charges

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/12/11/officer-shot-dui-suspect-charges_n_8789478.html

:mellow: watch the video. The suspect is a dbag and should rot in jail, but I'm not sure how you watch that video and think the cop was not at fault. They said it was "accidental." Didnt look like it to me
wow....he walked up calmly pulled his gun...shot immediately ...and calmly holstered his gun...no look of ''oh man my gun just went off and i shot him''...then actually calls in that the suspect refuses to get out of the vehicle ...ummmm ya ...you just blasted his neck in half dip ####...that was murder

Users who are viewing this thread