What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (5 Viewers)

Such a hero. Good thing those pot smokers are off the street. Neighborhood's now safe and it only cost a 19 year old his life.
Report says he tried to run over the cop. The hell he did. That cop could have shot the tires out and arrested the suspect. He chose to murder him instead.
:lmao: Fishing, right?

Some of you act like a cop has to be gasping for his final breath before he can fire on a suspect.
What did he do in that video to deserve being murdered by the cop?
He could have followed his orders. That would have been a good start.
Seems to be the common defense of cops - don't do what you're told, they're justified in killing you. I don' think that's how it works. At least it shouldn't.
:rolleyes:
isnt that what you just implied? follow orders or people die

Such a hero. Good thing those pot smokers are off the street. Neighborhood's now safe and it only cost a 19 year old his life.
Report says he tried to run over the cop. The hell he did. That cop could have shot the tires out and arrested the suspect. He chose to murder him instead.
:lmao:

Fishing, right?

Some of you act like a cop has to be gasping for his final breath before he can fire on a suspect.
Other than not obeying an order and continuing to drive a 3000lb car in the officer's direction with the possibility of hurting (or worse) him? Not sure.

:lmao:

Fishing, right?

Other than not obeying an order and continuing to drive a 3000lb car in the officer's direction with the possibility of hurting (or worse) him? Not sure.
its true...people really do see what they want to see

How many times do people have to be told. Obey an officers command. If you can't even do that one simple task you are useless. If you are useless we don't need you. If we don't need you, you can be eliminated. More food and space for others. Good job by the cop.

How many times do people have to be told. Obey an officers command. If you can't even do that one simple task you are useless. If you are useless we don't need you. If we don't need you, you can be eliminated. More food and space for others. Good job by the cop.
jesus ...the ''kid'' panicked...im pretty sure his only thought was '' uh oh im in trouble '' and reacted with flight instincts ....he wasnt thinking '' oh ya coppa...im gonna run your ### over sucka ''

Obey an officer or be murdered!

:lmao: Fishing, right?

He could have followed his orders. That would have been a good start.
Seems to be the common defense of cops - don't do what you're told, they're justified in killing you. I don' think that's how it works. At least it shouldn't.
:popcorn:

jesus ...the ''kid'' panicked...im pretty sure his only thought was '' uh oh im in trouble '' and reacted with flight instincts ....he wasnt thinking '' oh ya coppa...im gonna run your ### over sucka ''
It’s frightening and disappointing to see that so many people can be so cavalier with another person’s life

As others have acknowledged the kid broke the law and should have paid for his crime but not with his life

It’s frightening and disappointing to see that so many people can be so cavalier with another person’s life

As others have acknowledged the kid broke the law and should have paid for his crime but not with his life
The crime wasn't why he was shot, it's what he did after. People keep saying "He only had weed on him he didn't deserve to die".

The crime wasn't why he was shot, it's what he did after. People keep saying "He only had weed on him he didn't deserve to die".
Or maybe the fact the cop was standing next to a car being driven off and was in no danger of being run over. Let the pot smoker drive off and track him down later, but don't shoot the kid in the head because he wasn't stopping. Cop panicked.

Or maybe the fact the cop was standing next to a car being driven off and was in no danger of being run over. Let the pot smoker drive off and track him down later, but don't shoot the kid in the head because he wasn't stopping. Cop panicked.
Going to have to go with the cop not being in danger at the point that he fired on this one. Had he waited a second more he actually would have been shooting the driver in the back. Fleeing suspects don't get shot in the back as SOP if I'm correct.

To me it looked like the kid was trying to drive AWAY from the officer not OVER him. While I understand that is a crime it’s not one that he deserved to die for.

wait a sec... people honsetly think the kid was trying to hit the cop with the car? no schtick?

I haven't listened to the report, only saw the video- so the kid must have just committed a violent crime and was an ongoing danger to society- carrying weapons, etc- to warrant getting shot dead..... right?

Cop knocks on family's door, shoots dog when it runs out of the house.

Florida City, FL — A cowardly cop put another family pet to death on October 20, leaving a mother and her children grief-stricken.

As surveillance video shows, a Florida City police officer knocks on the front door of the unfortunate family. He was going to inform them that they left a car door open.

The daughter opens the door slightly and their dog, named Duchess, was able to get out first. The cop reaches for his gun as the 40-pound dog emerges and fires three rounds into its head without hesitation.

“She was curious. She wasn’t barking (and) she wasn’t growling. There was no reason for him to think she was aggressive in any way,” said the mother, Gillian Palacios.

The daughter comes out immediately after, and could only stand paralyzed in horror at the scene of murder. Duchess is lying on the sidewalk, still alive but fatally wounded, and the repugnant cop is out of the camera’s view.

Palacios is yelling at the cop while her daughter cradles the dying dog in her hands. Duchess can be seen wagging her tail, perhaps finding some comfort in her owner’s embrace.

The cop said “your dog charged me” and promptly left the scene, telling them Animal Services would pick up the dog later.

In his report, the cop will surely say that he “feared for his life” from the 40-pound animal. One wonders if he felt any remorse at all for his brutal actions. Instead of hesitating a bit and realizing the dog meant no harm, he put a family in shock and grief.

The department has put their officer on paid administrative leave while they investigate that matter, “gathering all the facts at the time.”

The Palacios family rescues dogs and finds homes for them, but decided to keep Duchess. A friend of the family said she was one of the sweetest dogs she has ever met.
I am with the cop on this. In a split-second decision one doesn't know what the dog is going to do. Maybe shooting was a bad idea, but cops are trained to go for their firearm if they have a fear of their life.

wait a sec... people honsetly think the kid was trying to hit the cop with the car? no schtick?

I haven't listened to the report, only saw the video- so the kid must have just committed a violent crime and was an ongoing danger to society- carrying weapons, etc- to warrant getting shot dead..... right?
Worse, they bought weed. Just be thankful that scourge is off the street. The neighborhood can sleep easier at night.

In all off these cases, if the dumb ### criminal would have just obeyed a command, they would still be alive. Shame they just weren't smart enough to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a damn shame. Really, you have all these redneck pit owners ruining it for a lot of other innocent dogs out there. Cops and civilians see a medium/large pit-looking dog running at them and, in my opinion understandably, get a bit panicked. And look what happens.

Its frightening and disappointing to see that so many people can be so cavalier with another persons lifeAs others have acknowledged the kid broke the law and should have paid for his crime but not with his life
To me it looked like the kid was trying to drive AWAY from the officer not OVER him. While I understand that is a crime its not one that he deserved to die for.
Very few crimes deserve the death penalty (many would argue none). What does that have to do with the situation though? It's hard to tell whether the kid was trying to drive away or drive over. Neither deserves death, but one could definitely lead to it.

In all off these cases, if the dumb ### criminal would have just obeyed a command, they would still be alive. Shame they just weren't smart enough to do that.
In all the date rape cases I've seen, if the ####### woman would have just not dressed so sexily and recognized she was on a date with a rapist, they would still be not raped. Shame they just weren't smart enough to do that.

In all the date rape cases I've seen, if the ####### woman would have just not dressed so sexily and recognized she was on a date with a rapist, they would still be not raped. Shame they just weren't smart enough to do that.
What a disappointment you are.

You guys can come up with all kinds of scenarios of why the cop should not have killed this loser but think about this one.

Cop doesn't finish him off and this loser drives off. Cop has to begin chase. The loser is going to flee at high rate of speed. He just happens to blow thru stoplight and slams into ....let's say a mom with her kids in it. They all end up dead.....because he didn't stop the guy. Cop is roasted for not stopping this LOSER.

Bottom line, you can call it murder if you like. You are wrong as the court has indicated. I call it cleaning up the streets.

You guys can come up with all kinds of scenarios of why the cop should not have killed this loser but think about this one.

Cop doesn't finish him off and this loser drives off. Cop has to begin chase. The loser is going to flee at high rate of speed. He just happens to blow thru stoplight and slams into ....let's say a mom with her kids in it. They all end up dead.....because he didn't stop the guy. Cop is roasted for not stopping this LOSER.

Bottom line, you can call it murder if you like. You are wrong as the court has indicated. I call it cleaning up the streets.
Why does the officer have to begin to chase?

Murder was the only option

Cop doesn't have to chase anyone. Girl bought a bag of weed. Call in description of car, maybe get the plate. Have patrol cars in the area watch for them. Not like the cop was trying to take down Bonnie and Clyde here (or even Thelma and Louise). Officer's life did not appear to be in danger when he killed the kid (who was hit in the side and back according to the video).

Suppose the kid obeys the cops orders, and gets arrested. Cop goes on to become chief of police. Gets into politics, runs for state senate. Makes the jump to governor, then president. Becomes the next Hitler. Starts World War III. Billions of casualties. All because one kid didn't run over a cop when they had the opportunity.

I would not advocate shooting out tires, nor shooting into any moving vehicle. I would especially not advocate it over a purchase of pot. Here's the thing, bullets shot towards pavement can bounce and travel and hit persons quite a distance away. Cars with dead drivers do not automatically stop, in fact sometimes they speed up as the driver's bodyweight slips downward into the accelerator. Shooting drivers potentially causes an unguided and accelerating missile of steel, glass, and gasoline, not a good outcome.

I would suggest that cops setting up a sting in a parking lot could, with planning, be prepared to control ingress and egress with squad cars, decoy cars, unmarked cars, and stop strips. Using bullets to control movement, yeah, not high on my list of what I want them doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

What you call murder (incorrectly I might add), the state calls justified. State - 1, you guys - 0

We get it. You love watching police shoot people.
In the words of Dirty Harry - Nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot.

What you call murder (incorrectly I might add), the state calls justified. State - 1, you guys - 0
You post as if it's a contest. Feel free to keep the scoreboard updated when cops get killed too. One of the reasons that keeps happening is because police feel they have the right to murder at will. It's quite pathetic on all sides but feel free to make a game out of it if that makes you feel better.

Bucky86, on 28 Oct 2015 - 6:50 PM, said:
Ditka Butkus, on 28 Oct 2015 - 3:45 PM, said:
Bucky86, on 28 Oct 2015 - 3:25 PM, said:
Ditka Butkus, on 28 Oct 2015 - 3:21 PM, said:In all off these cases, if the dumb ### criminal would have just obeyed a command, they would still be alive. Shame they just weren't smart enough to do that.
:bs:

That's just factually incorrect.
The guy didn't die so he doesn't count. The title is "Another Killing At The Hands of The Police".
His intent was to kill, so thats enough for me.
Who would ever want to be a cop??

You love the boot on your neck, dont you? Exciting, isnt it?

Todd Andrews said:
Such a child Todd. Such a child.

Todd Andrews said:
and you`re a caveman who spews garbage

Cop knocks on family's door, shoots dog when it runs out of the house.

Florida City, FL — A cowardly cop put another family pet to death on October 20, leaving a mother and her children grief-stricken.

As surveillance video shows, a Florida City police officer knocks on the front door of the unfortunate family. He was going to inform them that they left a car door open.

The daughter opens the door slightly and their dog, named Duchess, was able to get out first. The cop reaches for his gun as the 40-pound dog emerges and fires three rounds into its head without hesitation.

“She was curious. She wasn’t barking (and) she wasn’t growling. There was no reason for him to think she was aggressive in any way,” said the mother, Gillian Palacios.

The daughter comes out immediately after, and could only stand paralyzed in horror at the scene of murder. Duchess is lying on the sidewalk, still alive but fatally wounded, and the repugnant cop is out of the camera’s view.

Palacios is yelling at the cop while her daughter cradles the dying dog in her hands. Duchess can be seen wagging her tail, perhaps finding some comfort in her owner’s embrace.

The cop said “your dog charged me” and promptly left the scene, telling them Animal Services would pick up the dog later.

In his report, the cop will surely say that he “feared for his life” from the 40-pound animal. One wonders if he felt any remorse at all for his brutal actions. Instead of hesitating a bit and realizing the dog meant no harm, he put a family in shock and grief.

The department has put their officer on paid administrative leave while they investigate that matter, “gathering all the facts at the time.”

The Palacios family rescues dogs and finds homes for them, but decided to keep Duchess. A friend of the family said she was one of the sweetest dogs she has ever met.
JFC. :(
People need to learn to control their dogs, it charged at him
This. We need to arm the USPS and the meter readers as well.

BustedKnuckles said:
Ditka Butkus said:
Todd Andrews said:
Ditka Butkus said:
and you`re a caveman who spews garbage
Fess up, did you and your buddies sympathetic tone towards criminals develop when you were in prison playing Humpty Dumpty with your cellmate?

Admittedly, I tend to side with police. That being said, no way the killing (kid in the car) was justified in my mind. The cop was nowhere near being in danger. Not to mention, this was all started because the cops felt the need to set up a pot sting. Pot? This is what they deem so important that they will draw guns on a kid whose passenger bought pot from an undercover?

its true...people really do see what they want to see
Like seeing every person shot by an officer as an innocent victim?
This guy is like timmy in that if we split the country in two, he and timmy would be on the outside and enjoying a Mad Max world within 2 weeks will the rest of us lived in paradise. Neither side would have a police force. We wouldn't need one and they would kill theirs.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-say-18-year-old-shot-self-after-officer-confrontation/ar-BBmzVEs?li=AAa0dzB&ocid=DELLDHP

Here is one for you. Now they are questioning if a white police officer shot and killed an 18 year old black male after the 18 year old pulled a gun and shot at the officer.
And this why some people are missing the point. The point is not to vilify police. They have an incredibly difficult (and dangerous) job. Cases like the one above are sad and unfortunate. People get mad however when its the police who act like thugs. We expect the criminals to act like criminals and the police to be the good guys and peace keepers. We can't pretend though that the good guys are always good. They're not. And the case of the cop shooting a guy through the side window is a case of the peace keeper being the bad guy. Its a shame that some people can't see the difference.

So yes, this story linked by Ditka is tragic and sad and I hope the kid who killed a cop gets his day in court and then left to rot.

The Marines while on ship/float were told...." Mutiny would be put down with extreme violence"....Why would we want to treat our criminals better than our Military?

NOUN
  1. an open rebellion against the proper authorities, especially by soldiers or sailors against their officers:
    "a mutiny by those manning the weapons could trigger a global war" synonyms: insurrection · rebellion · revolt · riot · uprising · [more]
    insurgence · insubordination
VERB
  1. refuse to obey the orders of a person in authority.
    synonyms: rise up · rebel · revolt · riot · disobey/defy authority ·

Users who are viewing this thread