What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antonio Callaway - WR Dolphins now (1 Viewer)

He was in Stage 1 of the leagues protocol.  So I’m assuming some degree of testing is done (don’t know for sure).  But this reaches deeper IMO.  The Browns, a team that really couldn’t afford to go out on a limb for a ‘character risk’ player like Callaway, does indeed select him.

And then before he ever has played even a preseason game, gets cited.  Like, the guy had to be Ned Flanders like straight and narrow.  And TC is two weeks old and he gets popped?
And they traded up for him

I hope you dynasty league players were smart enough not to wast anything more than a late 3rd or 4th rd rookie pick for this guy.  
Got him in the 2nd round dynasty but I already picked Ron Jones, Anthony Miller, Courtland Sutton and Baker Mayfield. Planned on him potentially taking Martavis Bryant's spot.

Love to be in the room when he tries to explain this to management. Driving with a suspended license at 3:00 am is stupid all by itself.

Got him in the 2nd round dynasty but I already picked Ron Jones, Anthony Miller, Courtland Sutton and Baker Mayfield. Planned on him potentially taking Martavis Bryant's spot.
Was this draft held before the NFL held theirs, or are you boldly predicting Callaway will be traded to Pittsburgh or Oakland?

:confused:

(he was obviously hold it for a friend)   :loco:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio Callaway - WR - Browns

Antonio Callaway said the marijuana found in a Sunday morning search of his car was not his.

Per a league source, Callaway's story is apparently that he had recently had his car shipped from Florida to Ohio, and that he "hadn't used it in awhile" but others had. It's certainly a story. Already in Stage 1 of the NFL's Substance Abuse Program, Callaway has a lot to lose from any marijuana-related offense, however minor. Coach Hue Jackson is unsure if Callaway will suit up for Thursday's preseason debut.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Aug 7 - 6:07 PM

Antonio Callaway just had his car shipped here from Florida and hadn't used it in awhile. Others had. Didn't realize there was marijuana in it, source says 

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1026951564806811649
I was actually thinking earlier that if it's such a small amount I could see where it was put in his car sometime ago and he forgot about it so possible but I'll remain dubious. None of what he's saying really matters anyway, the proof is in his pee.

Didn’t Hue just say they got rid of Coleman because they wanted to make a statement that things are changing in Cleveland?  How does management handle this?

Driving while license suspended is dumb. Apparently it was an old roach he probably smoked before the combine. Big ole nothingburger. Currently in Stage 1. Hue will talk to him. :D

Hue admitted that he didn’t tell the team either. So they moved on from Coleman completely oblivious of this. I don’t know how they just go, “Ya, we trust Gordon and Callaway. We’re comfortable with Higgins and Janis as fall backs.”

Hue admitted that he didn’t tell the team either. So they moved on from Coleman completely oblivious of this. I don’t know how they just go, “Ya, we trust Gordon and Callaway. We’re comfortable with Higgins and Janis as fall backs.”
If Callaway was cut a week ago, would they really have kept Coleman??  I kinds doubt it based on the reports and the compensation.

If Callaway was cut a week ago, would they really have kept Coleman??  I kinds doubt it based on the reports and the compensation.
No I don’t think he’d be cut unless they brought Dez in. In any case I still fail to see how Coleman didn’t deserve another chance. Hell, this should be a new regime but Jimmy Haslem and the entire Browns organization #### on the fan base retaining the clown show that is Hue Jackson.

Mary Kay Cabot✔@MaryKayCabot

Antonio Callaway failed to inform the #Browns of marijuana citation and Hue Jackson admits it's alarming: "The red flag is up' https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/hue_jackson_caught_off_guard_b.html …

7:21 PM - Aug 7, 2018

Sorry to be so negative on Callaway, but I've already seen his act for three years while simultaneously going through the Manziel, Gordon, etc. crap up here.

Callaway is still practicing with the team, Coleman is gone and Gordon isn't around.

He fell in the draft for a reason but he was taken for a reason. 

I have no idea if Callaway was in the NFL drug program or not but if he wasn't then this was a first time misdemeanor violation and they took no overt action against LeVeon Bell when he was driving while under the influence of weed in what 'apparently' was a first time violation.

I'm curious to see if he gets used and/or what he does Thursday.

Browns' New Receiving Corps Ready for Showtime After Corey Coleman Trade

...The 21-year-old flashed first-round potential during his limited collegiate experience, and it's been on display during training camp. The 5'11", 200-pound target is quick in and out of his breaks, and defensive backs must also account for his 4.41-second 40-yard-dash speed.

Can he stay clean? If Callaway doesn't miss significant time this season, he is well on his way to being one of the Browns' top two or three receiving options.

------------------------------------------------------

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

FollowFollow @RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Tony Grossi

Antonio Callaway is on the field here in Berea. He had impressed on the field, but needs to stay clean off it. Alas.

Sorry to be so negative on Callaway, but I've already seen his act for three years while simultaneously going through the Manziel, Gordon, etc. crap up here.
Don't be - this wasn't a good idea 3 months ago.  Nothing's changed.  Maybe you can justify a dice roll like this one in an established locker room, but this one?   :lol:

It isn't going to be a roster killer.  He was just a day 3 pick.  But throw away's like this one can't become habitual.  And while this group moving on from Coleman had more to do with him (probably) than Callaway - they brought Callaway in to try and be one of the solutions.  They could have gotten the same 4 guys at the top of the draft that they did then still been in a position to get really any other receiver outside of the first 3 or so picked.  And this group chose...this guy.

I didn't expect it to age well.  It's early, could be proven wrong.  But the start is obviously a bad one.  The timing of this with the Coleman trade will certainly make for a good episode 2 of Hard Knocks though.

Per the dashcam video via TMZ - #Browns WR Antonio Callaway told officers his car was just shipped up to Cleveland. Officers also told Callaway marijuana find “was less than a speeding ticket” & “not a big deal” Officers also lamented having to cite him
Unfortunately for him, the NFL doesn't view this infraction in the same light.

Now reported that they also found ammunition and "gun parts" in the car.
I personally would not label a gun strap as part of a gun. No sure how bad having ammo with no gun is legally.

But when an officer can smell marijuana in your car it's sort of hard to buy that the smell is coming from a tiny bag under his seat as opposed to just taking a hit.

No sure how bad having ammo with no gun is legally.
Not at all.

It wouldn't have been illegal for him to have an actual gun as long as he followed Ohio's rules on guns in vehicles. Unless he's barred from having one as part of his plea agreement in Florida. Not sure how that works.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally would not label a gun strap as part of a gun. No sure how bad having ammo with no gun is legally.

But when an officer can smell marijuana in your car it's sort of hard to buy that the smell is coming from a tiny bag under his seat as opposed to just taking a hit.
It just adds to the story, doesn't look good.

it’s a bad look for sure, and his story is lame.  

but i agree with whoever said the proof will be in the pee.  if he’s clean, this is a misdemeanor that he may even be able to plea down with the right attorney. 

cutting him or suspending him seems very unlikely without a positive test.  

IF he produces a positive test?  yeah... he’s gonna have a real bad time.  almost positive he’s already in stage one.  

Users who are viewing this thread