What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any car stereo people here? (1 Viewer)

bigmarc27

Footballguy
My car is about 8 years old, but since I telecommute it only has 40k miles on it. There’s currently just a regular dash like you would have seen years ago with a CD player and whatnot, but I want to put in a screen with apple car play and a backup camera. 

Any recommendations?

My car is about 8 years old, but since I telecommute it only has 40k miles on it. There’s currently just a regular dash like you would have seen years ago with a CD player and whatnot, but I want to put in a screen with apple car play and a backup camera. 

Any recommendations?
You can follow my adventures here.

Any recommendations?
make and model of car?  I did this for a RAV4, which took some work.

make and model of car?  I did this for a RAV4, which took some work.
It’s a 2011 Mustang. 

I don’t think I’m wanting to mess with it myself. If I purchase through Best Buy with their markup, they provide “free” installation.  If it was just the radio, then maybe but trying to get it set up with the rear camera and everything seems like more work than I care to do. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a 2011 Mustang. 

I don’t think I’m wanting to mess with it myself. If I purchase through Best Buy with their markup, they provide “free” installation.  If it was just the radio, then maybe but trying to get it set up with the rear camera and everything seems like more work than I care to do. 
At 42 years old this would be my take.  Just pony up the coin to get it professionally installed, so really your only chore is to find the unit that suits your needs at the best price.  If I had to pay up a little by going to Best Buy to save myself some time I'd probably do that. 

It’s a 2011 Mustang. 

Yeah, running a wire from the head unit in the dash around the dash, under door trims, through the rear cargo area trim pieces, into the rear door (though a few grommets) and on top of the license plate was a pain.  Connecting a car stereo is one thing, running A/V cables all through the vehicle is another. 

One place to look at is Crutchfield.com they have faceplates for vehicles so that any new stereo will look like it was meant to be there. They also have instructions and kits to install stereos in your vehicle. It is a good place to look even if you purchase your unit elsewhere.

I purchased an item from them that allowed me to ad a Bluetooth receiver to the stock stereo on my 2005 Honda Odyssey. I got instructions on how to take apart the dashboard and install the item.

I am planning to set up something for the van when our kids start driving, similar to what you are doing so that it will be better for them to use, and not stare at their phones!

Drivin down the block like what else should a brother do
It's Saturday, it's Saturday, the heat might smother you
Rolling down my windows yeah I have a air-conditioner
But I got the sound I want the whole world to listen to
Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in
Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in
See this Puerto Rican Latin Chico Rico Suave
In a red Corolla eh yo does he wanna play
Pullin up beside me, looking like he want it
Show me what you got then watch me get up on it
Holding up traffic but we can't hear they horns
Cause he music a grande yeah he got it goin on
But I think I better school him cause he don't know the time
So I'm turnin up the boom cause he cannot mess with mine
Brothers hear me hitting from like 50 blocks away I
Wanna turn they heads so you know I gotta play
High decibels passing through a residential district
See a few cuties and I turn it up like Bisquick
Mira, mira man don't sleep, I got tha, I got tha, I got the woofers in my Jeep

Back in HS I was huge into car audio.  All the way through college and into my early 30s.  Then I started getting everything stolen out of my ride.  3-4 times.  Had enough.

Now I just listen to sports talk radio so don't care.  I do miss having nice sound though, for the occasional time I feel like actually listening to music.

Drivin down the block like what else should a brother do
It's Saturday, it's Saturday, the heat might smother you
Rolling down my windows yeah I have a air-conditioner
But I got the sound I want the whole world to listen to
Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in
Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in
See this Puerto Rican Latin Chico Rico Suave
In a red Corolla eh yo does he wanna play
Pullin up beside me, looking like he want it
Show me what you got then watch me get up on it
Holding up traffic but we can't hear they horns
Cause he music a grande yeah he got it goin on
But I think I better school him cause he don't know the time
So I'm turnin up the boom cause he cannot mess with mine
Brothers hear me hitting from like 50 blocks away I
Wanna turn they heads so you know I gotta play
High decibels passing through a residential district
See a few cuties and I turn it up like Bisquick
Mira, mira man don't sleep, I got tha, I got tha, I got the woofers in my Jeep
I always thought this was an odd sound to come out of Brownsville. 

Then I started getting everything stolen out of my ride.  3-4 times.  Had enough.
I had the same stereo stolen twice.  Campus police miraculously recovered it the first time.  The thieves busted up half of my dash the second time.

WDIK2 said:
I had the same stereo stolen twice.  Campus police miraculously recovered it the first time.  The thieves busted up half of my dash the second time.
Sounds like that marriage was not meant to be.  

Users who are viewing this thread