What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any thoughts on LB Keith Adams (1 Viewer)

Lord of the Rings

Footballguy
From the BloggerJune 3, 2005, 11:14 Eagles :: LB LBs Making Good Impression, Nick Fierro, NJ.com - [Full Article] Among the veterans gleaning as much as the rookies from the Eagles' offseason minicamps are a pair of linebackers who spent most of last season working their way up the depth chart. Keith Adams began playing more and more in defensive coordinator Jim Johnson's nickel package and likely will wind up starting on the weak side ahead of Mark Simoneau this season. The progression of Mike Labinjo, who now backs up Jeremiah Trotter in the middle, has been a little more dramatic.>>>>>>Any thoughts as to whether or not Adams will become the full time starter at WLB. Where's Simoneau in the picture? If Adams starts, what are his chances of putting up good numbers? What have the Eagles' WLBs done historically? It doesn't look like FBG has Adams ranked that high.I'm pretty set at LB in one of my dynasty leagues where he's on the waiver wire, but I'm always looking to stash away an "unknown player". I don't have a lot of roster room, so I'm just looking for any insights that might help me make the call.Thanks.

Keith Adams really made a strong showing in last years playoffs when Simoneau was injured. However in the offseason he was shown almost no interest in the FA market and re-signed with the Eagles. For some reason the Eagles love Simoneau and he would essentially have to break his leg for Adams to supplant him at LB, but as Eagles fans...we can only hope.

LBs Making Good Impression, Nick Fierro, NJ.com - [Full Article]

Among the veterans gleaning as much as the rookies from the Eagles' offseason minicamps are a pair of linebackers who spent most of last season working their way up the depth chart. Keith Adams began playing more and more in defensive coordinator Jim Johnson's nickel package and likely will wind up starting on the weak side ahead of Mark Simoneau this season. The progression of Mike Labinjo, who now backs up Jeremiah Trotter in the middle, has been a little more dramatic.

This seems to me that he will be starting and looking at Ourlads roster he is listed as the starter over Simoneau. They are usually pretty close to being right on.

So to me it looks like for this season anyway that he will be the starter. Trotter will still get the most fantasy points but Adams won't be any slouch either. I am picking him up off waivers if I can.

I do believe that McCoy will eventually win the job from Adams though and Adams might be just good for this season and possibly next. Hard to tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Eagles loved the progress Adams made last year because he has good size and he's solid against the run. Considering how undersized the Philly Front 7 it seems likely he'll head into the season as the starting at WLB, but he's still going to have his snaps limited with Simoneau's presence (probably in passing situations)-

LBs Making Good Impression, Nick Fierro, NJ.com - [Full Article]

Among the veterans gleaning as much as the rookies from the Eagles' offseason minicamps are a pair of linebackers who spent most of last season working their way up the depth chart. Keith Adams began playing more and more in defensive coordinator Jim Johnson's nickel package and likely will wind up starting on the weak side ahead of Mark Simoneau this season. The progression of Mike Labinjo, who now backs up Jeremiah Trotter in the middle, has been a little more dramatic.

This seems to me that he will be starting and looking at Ourlads roster he is listed as the starter over Simoneau. They are usually pretty close to being right on.

So to me it looks like for this season anyway that he will be the starter. Trotter will still get the most fantasy points but Adams won't be any slouch either. I am picking him up off waivers if I can.

I do believe that McCoy will eventually win the job from Adams though and Adams might be just good for this season and possibly next. Hard to tell.
Ditto.:samwheat

Adams came on at the end of the year. Player real well in the playoffs 14 solo, 2 assist , 1 pass def per NFL.com in 3 playoff games. The game against the Vikings the Eagles only started 2 LBs, going with 5 DBs oftenHe SHOULD start over Simineau as most Eagles fans would tell u. Much better tackler then Simineau, harder to push around. I think he has potential to be a good sleeper LB pick. Potential to be a starter in your lineup if he is starting for the birds

He does NOT have good size at 5'11" 223 lbs but is strong. Simoneau has the eye of the coaches because of his speed and he is also bigger at 6'0" 245. Adams is easy to like from a fan perspective as he hits like a truck while Simoneau is more of a finnesse guy. Difference is in their stylesSimoneau 12 starts 33 solo tackles, 15 asssited tackles 1.5 sacksAdams3 starts 40 solo tackles 6 assisted tackles 0 sacksWhat actually happened is Simoneau played in only 14 games and Adams in all 16. In the eagles scheme they substitute all the time so their playing time was actually similar even thought the starts would seems to state otherwise.They are basically the same guy!FYI - Rookie Lb McCoy was supposed to compete for the starting WLB spots with these guys but is not picking up the defense very well and will most likely not contribute this season IMO ..... FWIW

Users who are viewing this thread