What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anybody trading Hakeem Nicks? (1 Viewer)

poo flingin monkey

Footballguy
Worried about his knee and questionable status going forward. Just accepted a trade for Blount. Seeing what other offers/value owners of Nicks are getting.

Best to wait until after he shreds the Cardinals D tomorrow. Otherwise you're selling low. IMO, the Shark move is to hold Nicks. Top 5 at his position and getting healthy.

Not sure how Nicks is "getting" healthy since he just practiced on friday this week. Understand he is a top 5 WR going into the season, just wondered if other Nicks owners are trading him or getting offers.

Not sure how Nicks is "getting" healthy since he just practiced on friday this week. Understand he is a top 5 WR going into the season, just wondered if other Nicks owners are trading him or getting offers.
Well, he banged his knee up week 1 and has been playing on it for the last two weeks's with modest success...and he didn't practice Thursday due to swelling in the knee and then he practiced on Friday....so to me that sounds like he's "getting healthy" or perhaps "getting healthier".So what's not to understand? I guess my confusion stems from your meaning of the word "just" do you mean "recently" in which case you are saying he is healthy...or do you mean "only" in which case you are implying that he's not healthy because he ONLY practiced one day this week?FWIW, I traded FOR him this week...gave up 2 late-teen WRs for him...I think he is borderline top ten with upside...am definitely a bit concerned about his knee so time will tell if I made the right move.

As a Nicks owner I am concerned whether his knee will continue to be a major problem going forward. Just see a lot of red flags with him being being hurt already (only 3 weeks into the season) and his knee swelling up after each game. Just don't see that as getting healthier.

As for production... Week 1 was great, but wks 2/3 when injured were below average. By low, sell high... let me know what your getting/receiving for trading Nicks if you can.

Worried about his knee and questionable status going forward. Just accepted a trade for Blount. Seeing what other offers/value owners of Nicks are getting.
terrible trade for you. this is football and people get injured. if you're going to trade nicks after 3 weeks then why did you even draft him? his concerns are no different now then they were prior to the year beginning.

Well, he banged his knee up week 1 and has been playing on it for the last two weeks's with modest success...and he didn't practice Thursday due to swelling in the knee and then he practiced on Friday....so to me that sounds like he's "getting healthy" or perhaps "getting healthier".So what's not to understand? I guess my confusion stems from your meaning of the word "just" do you mean "recently" in which case you are saying he is healthy...or do you mean "only" in which case you are implying that he's not healthy because he ONLY practiced one day this week?

FWIW, I traded FOR him this week...gave up 2 late-teen WRs for him...I think he is borderline top ten with upside...am definitely a bit concerned about his knee so time will tell if I made the right move.
More like borderline top 5 with upside

terrible trade for you. this is football and people get injured. if you're going to trade nicks after 3 weeks then why did you even draft him? his concerns are no different now then they were prior to the year beginning.
Thanks for dropping the knowledge on me. I bet you win every year. Anyways, every roster is different. Needed RB help and had WR depth. I think if you own Nicks you are concerned. Thanks for people responding on what they got or traded for Nicks.

Well, he banged his knee up week 1 and has been playing on it for the last two weeks's with modest success...and he didn't practice Thursday due to swelling in the knee and then he practiced on Friday....so to me that sounds like he's "getting healthy" or perhaps "getting healthier".So what's not to understand? I guess my confusion stems from your meaning of the word "just" do you mean "recently" in which case you are saying he is healthy...or do you mean "only" in which case you are implying that he's not healthy because he ONLY practiced one day this week?

FWIW, I traded FOR him this week...gave up 2 late-teen WRs for him...I think he is borderline top ten with upside...am definitely a bit concerned about his knee so time will tell if I made the right move.
More like borderline top 5 with upside
Well, I hope you are right but as I play in PPR I think he's bordeline top 10 there...in non-ppr I'd agree that borderline top 5 is more accurate

FAIL You will regret this going forward. Especially when nicks puts up 20+ pts a week (non-ppr) for 3 of the next 5 weeks.BTW I am not a Nicks owner, but he is a beast. This is called selling low.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for dropping the knowledge on me. I bet you win every year. Anyways, every roster is different. Needed RB help and had WR depth. I think if you own Nicks you are concerned. Thanks for people responding on what they got or traded for Nicks.
I own Nicks and am not concerned at all, pretty confident he finishes top 4 this year. Been starting him over Sproles, Mcgahee, Addai, Bess and Helu. I can afford to take a bad game or two because I didnt draft poorly.Ive been offered Fred Jackson for Nicks in between week 2 and 3, before the opener I was offered DJax and Mike Williams (TB) for Nicks and Bess, got a trade request pending right now that im not even gonna decline just gonna let it time out - Devery Henderson and Torrey Smith for Nicks.

I own Nicks and am not concerned at all. Been starting him over Sproles, Mcgahee, Addai, Bess and Helu. I can afford to take a bad game or two because I didnt draft poorly.
Really... started Nicks over those guys? Serious learning experience here. Another guys that must win his league every year. I guess you knew before you drafted that Jamal Charles would blow out his knee Wk 2.

I own Nicks and am not concerned at all. Been starting him over Sproles, Mcgahee, Addai, Bess and Helu. I can afford to take a bad game or two because I didnt draft poorly.
Really... started Nicks over those guys? Serious learning experience here. Another guys that must win his league every year. I guess you knew before you drafted that Jamal Charles would blow out his knee Wk 2.
Nope, but on this forum if you care to look you will see many of my posts suggesting that even a healthy Charles would barely finish top 10 and that Welker is gonna have a career year. Ive been wrong about plenty of things but a weeks performance doesnt mean anything in fantasy football consistency is actual skill. ADP and Rice > Charles and Foster.Avoided drafting him in all leagues, avoided the injury problem.

Nicks owner here, also a little concerned about the knee. A sore knee impacts so many things: speed off the line; cutting ability; leaping; top speed in the open field; the confidence to continue downfield after a reception rather than duck out of bounds.

I am equally concerned that Eli Manning looks lost at times, and even more concerned that Giants pass targets are dropping like flies . Nicks will see blanket coverage for the rest of the season.

Eli's passes are erratic enough to offset a high number of targets to Hakeem. I foresee a high number of INTs in Manning's near future.

But I'm holding Nicks, and starting him with confidence despite my listed reservations. He's simply good enough to overcome almost all of the negativity and produce (at worst) passable WR1/WR2 fantasy numbers almost every week, with (at best) the potential to light up the board on any given Sunday.

He finally practiced in full and is playing Arizona, no way I would trade him right now unless I got solid value. I would not trade him for Blount.

Well, ummmm, you were kinda asking others opinions on the value they were getting. No need in getting all bent out of shape because the guy offered his opinion. Next time, I'd suggest either disagreeing with him or simply ignoring him. Getting all mad and upset because some anonymous poster on the Internet doesn't like your trade is pretty childish.

Wow, me thinks you need to grow thicker skin. Every person that offers their opinion that even gets you the least offended and you act like a 5 year old.

Agree with the common thread here that this is, in general, a terrible time to trade Nicks.

Disagree with the sentiment that a deal straight up for Blount is terrible, however. I feel Blount has a legit chance to be a very good and reliable fantasy RB for the next several years, and think that he is more or less indicative of the kind of value a Nicks ought to bring in.

Had both ranked in the 20-25 range preseason, and not too much has happened to change my mind. Fully expect both guys to pick up steam as the year progresses.

Wow, me thinks you need to grow thicker skin. Every person that offers their opinion that even gets you the least offended and you act like a 5 year old.
You can take it that way... but do you really need to comment that you start a top 5 WR over Sproles, McGhee, Addai, Bess and Helu?... And that you can take a bad game because you did not draft poorly? And that Welker would be huge this year... What's next... He knew the Bills would be 3-0??? I am surprised that only one other Nicks owner is concerned so far. I had him last year and I know what kind of horse he can be. I also know he battled injuries the whole second half of the season. Now its week three and he knee appears to be f'ed up. As for Blount... Dude is a beast. Anybody that saw him run in the 4th qtr vs ATL knows what I am talking about.

You can take it that way... but do you really need to comment that you start a top 5 WR over Sproles, McGhee, Addai, Bess and Helu?... And that you can take a bad game because you did not draft poorly? And that Welker would be huge this year... What's next... He knew the Bills would be 3-0??? I am surprised that only one other Nicks owner is concerned so far. I had him last year and I know what kind of horse he can be. I also know he battled injuries the whole second half of the season. Now its week three and he knee appears to be f'ed up. As for Blount... Dude is a beast. Anybody that saw him run in the 4th qtr vs ATL knows what I am talking about.
The Sky is falling someones opinion isnt the same as mine.

'Run It Up said:
'rainmaker2011 said:
I traded Nicks for R.Matthews in a 14 team non-PPR redraft.
What was your RB/WR situation, this still seems like selling for the minimum.
WRs were Nicks, Bowe, Holmes, L.Moore and NelsonRBs were Rice, Addai and LynchThink Nicks will be top 10-12 WR. Matthews has chance to be a top 5-10 RB. Didn't trade because Nicks is bad or injury is a concern - just gambling that Matthews will be a stud.

I was offered Nicks and a 3rd for Fred Jackson, I took about 5 minutes to think about it. Went to hit accept and he had rescinded the offer. :kicksrock:

'Run It Up said:
'rainmaker2011 said:
I traded Nicks for R.Matthews in a 14 team non-PPR redraft.
What was your RB/WR situation, this still seems like selling for the minimum.
WRs were Nicks, Bowe, Holmes, L.Moore and NelsonRBs were Rice, Addai and LynchThink Nicks will be top 10-12 WR. Matthews has chance to be a top 5-10 RB. Didn't trade because Nicks is bad or injury is a concern - just gambling that Matthews will be a stud.
Not a bad trade, was just curious - you definitely needed some RB help.

PPR TE only Dynasty

I offered

Romo, Greene, Nicks and Gronk

For

Ben, Starks and Calvin

Got rejected

I have V Davis and Keller, don't know how much more I could offer in that deal. I thought for sure he would take it.

PPR TE only Dynasty I offered Romo, Greene, Nicks and Gronk For Ben, Starks and CalvinGot rejected I have V Davis and Keller, don't know how much more I could offer in that deal. I thought for sure he would take it.
jesus, consider yourself lucky he rejected that

PPR TE only Dynasty I offered Romo, Greene, Nicks and Gronk For Ben, Starks and CalvinGot rejected I have V Davis and Keller, don't know how much more I could offer in that deal. I thought for sure he would take it.
jesus, consider yourself lucky he rejected that
I dunno. Ben is younger than Romo, Greene's longterm status as NYJ's RB would appear dubious whereas Starks at the moment is the best longterm RB for GB (I dont like either RB though). Calvin has to be the #1 dynasty WR. Really, the only upgrade for the other guy is getting Gronk. Hard to say if he's the equalizer or not, but if I have a good dynasty TE with Ben and Megatron, I wouldnt do that either.Either way, I dont think its lopsided.

'poo flingin monkey said:
I bet you win your league every year.....

I own Nicks and I'm very concerned....I don't understand the idea that he's getting "healthier". Like someone mentioned, After week 1 its been all down hill since add the knee with swelling, constantly missed practices what do you have? A red flag and GREAT concern (at least to me). I drafted him in the 2.17 slot in a 14 team teamer and if he doesn't come thru this week its time to sell.

I own Nicks and I'm very concerned....I don't understand the idea that he's getting "healthier". Like someone mentioned, After week 1 and its been all downhill since and knee with swelling and having constantly missed practices is a red flag and SHOULD cause concern (at least to me). I drafted him in the 2.17 slot in a 14 team teamer and if he doesn't come thru this week its time to sell.
So let me get this straight. Possibly one of the best WR currently playing puts up 120+ yds and bruises his knee, then plays the next week because hes Hakeem Nicks and Hakeem Nicks doesnt miss games - and puts up 40 and a TD, then against Phillies "Best Secondary in football" draws the double coverage all game while Eli just throws the ball to wide open 5th stringer Victor Cruz.Im failing to see how this isnt par for the course or in any way a worsening scenario (outside of just looking at the numbers and not considering anything)

See the part of about the knee constantly giving him problems, the declining of stats from week to week, the missing of practice.

See the part of about the knee constantly giving him problems
He bruised his knee, he will be fine
the declining of stats from week to week
You mean just the two weeks - its not a trend, one of which he put up 40 and a TD.
the missing of practice.
Yeah they do that in sports, every team rests their players that are injured a couple days out of the week its not foreboding its precautionary.

I own Nicks and I'm very concerned....I don't understand the idea that he's getting "healthier". Like someone mentioned, After week 1 and its been all downhill since and knee with swelling and having constantly missed practices is a red flag and SHOULD cause concern (at least to me). I drafted him in the 2.17 slot in a 14 team teamer and if he doesn't come thru this week its time to sell.
So let me get this straight. Possibly one of the best WR currently playing puts up 120+ yds and bruises his knee, then plays the next week because hes Hakeem Nicks and Hakeem Nicks doesnt miss games - and puts up 40 and a TD, then against Phillies "Best Secondary in football" draws the double coverage all game while Eli just throws the ball to wide open 5th stringer Victor Cruz.Im failing to see how this isnt par for the course or in any way a worsening scenario (outside of just looking at the numbers and not considering anything)
this

this
also, keep in mind that manningham has been hurt and steve smith is gone. that makes it easy for defenses to target in on shutting down nicks. Manningham will get healthy and a decent 3rd option will appear. put me in the "nicks is still a stud" crowd.

I personally think people have been a bit quick to give Nicks top 5 dynasty. He's had one very good season. However, he didn't reached 80 receptions or 1100 yards last year. He did score 11 TDs but those can vary a lot. We've seen plenty of young WRs that have failed to duplicate those kinds of seasons. Of course, we've seen other young WRs improve upon those types of seasons. He also has very good but not elite pedigree (i.e. Roddy White as opposed to Fitzgerald or the Johnsons). Of course, elite players can slip to the late first round or later. I think he's more like a top 10 WR with top 3 to 4 potential.

Anyways, are other people here talking about redraft or dynasty here? I'm talking about dynasty btw.

I personally think people have been a bit quick to give Nicks top 5 dynasty. He's had one very good season. However, he didn't reached 80 receptions or 1100 yards last year. He did score 11 TDs but those can vary a lot. We've seen plenty of young WRs that have failed to duplicate those kinds of seasons. Of course, we've seen other young WRs improve upon those types of seasons. He also has very good but not elite pedigree (i.e. Roddy White as opposed to Fitzgerald or the Johnsons). Of course, elite players can slip to the late first round or later. I think he's more like a top 10 WR with top 3 to 4 potential.Anyways, are other people here talking about redraft or dynasty here? I'm talking about dynasty btw.
he put up those #s in 13 games

I personally think people have been a bit quick to give Nicks top 5 dynasty. He's had one very good season. However, he didn't reached 80 receptions or 1100 yards last year. He did score 11 TDs but those can vary a lot. We've seen plenty of young WRs that have failed to duplicate those kinds of seasons. Of course, we've seen other young WRs improve upon those types of seasons. He also has very good but not elite pedigree (i.e. Roddy White as opposed to Fitzgerald or the Johnsons). Of course, elite players can slip to the late first round or later. I think he's more like a top 10 WR with top 3 to 4 potential.Anyways, are other people here talking about redraft or dynasty here? I'm talking about dynasty btw.
he put up those #s in 13 games
Ah now I feel a bit silly and wonder how the heck I've been missed that all this time, haha. With that being said, looks like he missed two games his rookie season as well and is now hurt this year already. That has to be taken a bit into account though I don't quite know how that would impact his value.But yeah, for the OP, I don't see how Nicks value in dynasty has changed much since the start of the year. Redraft it's probably slipped slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread