What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (1 Viewer)

Sounds like he's gonna get a lot of work this year. Any thoughts as to why he was held to one series? Assuming/hoping they know what they have with him and just don't want to risk injury, but am also aware that Starks my play a bigger role this season when healthy.

Sounds like he's gonna get a lot of work this year. Any thoughts as to why he was held to one series? Assuming/hoping they know what they have with him and just don't want to risk injury, but am also aware that Starks my play a bigger role this season when healthy.
McCarthy is a smart coach. He knows that RBs wear down. Don't be surprised if we barely see Lacy during preseason.As a comparison point, AP barely plays in preseason, ditto for Lynch.

McCarthy is a smart coach. He knows that RBs wear down. Don't be surprised if we barely see Lacy during preseason.As a comparison point, AP barely plays in preseason, ditto for Lynch.
Yeah...no need to wear out the guy...in that one series he still had several carries and a couple receptions.

Rotoworld:

Packers RBs coach Sam Gash believes Eddie Lacy is capable of leading the league in rushing and total yards.

While Lacy might not be the favorite, he's one of a handful of contenders. He's been dominant this preseason across just 21 offensive snaps, rushing for 61 yards and one touchdown on 11 carries while breaking six tackles. Lacy's also caught two balls for 22 yards. In Aaron Rodgers' starts last season, Lacy averaged 99 yards rushing on 23 carries per game. He's an easy top-five pick.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Aug 27 - 4:14 PM

Not what the chicken little the sky is falling owners want to hear. I have Lacy finishing atop the runningback leaderboard this year. Count on it.

Area51Inhabitant said:
Any Pack insiders want to comment about how the loss of starting center JC Tretter will impact the run game?
Probably not much. Run blocking on interior rushing is much more dependent on play of the Guards, and GB's combo is awesome. GB has survived crappy C player before (Saturday, EDS) without much impact. GB across the board has the best line I can remember them having since 2003 glory days of Clifton-Wahle-Flanagan-Rivera-Tauscher.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've come around on Lacy's talent (always loved his spot). I think we are talking about him as the first overall pick next year.

Still debating between Lacy and Forte, currently leaning Forte. Both have similar numbers and projections and arguably a same type of offense, though the Packers QB is a few ticks higher than Cutler..

Still debating between Lacy and Forte, currently leaning Forte. Both have similar numbers and projections and arguably a same type of offense, though the Packers QB is a few ticks higher than Cutler..
I am engaging in the very same debate. Currently leaning Lacy. LOL.

Good luck whichever way you go.

I am engaging in the very same debate. Currently leaning Lacy. LOL.

Good luck whichever way you go.
I have the 4th pick in a draft next week. Assuming it will go McCoy, Charles, AP. I'll be taking Lacy over Forte

I debated it last night.

PPR though and I went with Forte.

In a TD heavy league I had the choice and went Lacy.

I think in standard leagues they are very close and I would probably go Lacy every time (being a Packers fan and having to hold back the hurl when selecting a Bear as it is...).

Area51Inhabitant said:
Any Pack insiders want to comment about how the loss of starting center JC Tretter will impact the run game?
Slight worry as it is a rookie up front now. More worried about that affecting pass protection and having Lacy maybe stay in to block rather than gain the receptions it looked like he might get though.

Not sure how long Tretter will be out...but he is pretty untested too. If Linsley plays well, not sure I would put Tretter back in there (for me at least...coaches probably disagree with the whole can't lose a spot to injury kind of thinking).

As another poster said...its more dependent on Lang and Sitton for that run blocking than anything it seems.

Area51Inhabitant said:
Slight worry as it is a rookie up front now. More worried about that affecting pass protection and having Lacy maybe stay in to block rather than gain the receptions it looked like he might get though.

Not sure how long Tretter will be out...but he is pretty untested too. If Linsley plays well, not sure I would put Tretter back in there (for me at least...coaches probably disagree with the whole can't lose a spot to injury kind of thinking).

As another poster said...its more dependent on Lang and Sitton for that run blocking than anything it seems.
FWIW Linsley looked great tonight against KC.

Lacy's ceiling is so high I think he could total 20 TD's this year, even with Rodgers slinging the ball. This preseason they've just walked down the field running over everyone.

I am engaging in the very same debate. Currently leaning Lacy. LOL.Good luck whichever way you go.
You Also.The More I think About It, The More I Think You Can Really Take Whomever And Be Okay. Both Fairly Even, Imo. Just Not Sure Who I Lean Towards.

first of all, I mostly look in these threads for opinion from others, but I did have a bit of an opinion of my own going in this time, as I had spent a fair amount of effort looking at green bay a couple years ago for some similar thread about starks, grant, or wtfever it was --- the conclusion I came up with is green bay is constantly throwing in the endzone, and even when they don't you get vultured by rodgers and kuhn, so the gb rb didn't really appeal to me, and I have yet to see much, if anything, contrary to that.not only wasn't lacy's production boosted by rodgers, as people like to insist based on their imaginations, it might have actually been hurt by all these great surrounding players on this historic offense crowding out his td opps.
So a big part of your concerns are based on the vulturing of Rodgers and Kuhn, stealing easy TDs that would otherwise go to Lacy. Two guys that ran for exactly 1 total TD last year. Got it. The more you post incorrect stats like his ypc and pure bs like the above, the better I feel about my expectations for Lacy.
:coffee:

now go home and getcher ###### shinebox

first of all, I mostly look in these threads for opinion from others, but I did have a bit of an opinion of my own going in this time, as I had spent a fair amount of effort looking at green bay a couple years ago for some similar thread about starks, grant, or wtfever it was --- the conclusion I came up with is green bay is constantly throwing in the endzone, and even when they don't you get vultured by rodgers and kuhn, so the gb rb didn't really appeal to me, and I have yet to see much, if anything, contrary to that.not only wasn't lacy's production boosted by rodgers, as people like to insist based on their imaginations, it might have actually been hurt by all these great surrounding players on this historic offense crowding out his td opps.
So a big part of your concerns are based on the vulturing of Rodgers and Kuhn, stealing easy TDs that would otherwise go to Lacy. Two guys that ran for exactly 1 total TD last year. Got it. The more you post incorrect stats like his ypc and pure bs like the above, the better I feel about my expectations for Lacy.
:coffee:

now go home and getcher ###### shinebox
I'll be surprised if Lacy scores a TD this season.

Lacy underwhelms compared to Lynch.
I have to agree, but part of that may be a reflection of how BAD the GB run defense is (ADP should have a field day against them) and how good Seattle run D looks. But so far Lacy isn't exactly breaking a ton of tackles.

Starks actually looks pretty good. Not over reacting at all as I feel Lacy will still be a stud, but Starks looks very serviceable.

Starks does look decent, it just makes sense to use him in obvious passing situations over Lacy, he has more speed. Lacy is still going to get his yards and TD's though, this is the SEA defense he's up against.

Good news is the Packers play 2 more good defenses (NE and NO) the rest of the year. 13 games against average to below average defenses.

Users who are viewing this thread