What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone starting Rams "skill" players tonight on TNF? (2 Viewers)

Other than Cook all these clowns are droppable in redraft. GD you Schottenheimer
Cook is definitely droppable. Averaging 3/33/0 over the last 3 games. Keeping him in your lineup hoping for a good outing once every four games is a recipe for disaster.
He must not have played week 1, right? Can't think of any other reason to leave off those stats otherwise.
Read the post. I said once every four games. If you want that type of inconsistency in your lineup then you can pick him up after I dump him.
Well, you're assuming an awful lot there. We can't just cookie cutter the first four weeks, multiply by four and say that's Cook's year. Although if we did, you'd still end up with a 68-960-8 TE. Owners of any TE (Gronk,Graham,Thomas and Cameron notwithstanding) would gladly take that. How often do you think the non-elite tier TE's go over 5 receptions and/or score? It's not much more than once every three or four games.

Other than Cook all these clowns are droppable in redraft. GD you Schottenheimer
Cook is definitely droppable. Averaging 3/33/0 over the last 3 games. Keeping him in your lineup hoping for a good outing once every four games is a recipe for disaster.
He must not have played week 1, right? Can't think of any other reason to leave off those stats otherwise.
Read the post. I said once every four games. If you want that type of inconsistency in your lineup then you can pick him up after I dump him.
Who is available on the waivers that you'd rather have? I just checked mine and it's an absolute waste land. I'm a frustrated Cook owner as well but only way I see myself being able to upgrade is through trades.
My main point was that the trendline is steeply downward for the past three weeks and there is no end in sight to the drought. Therefore, preseason and post week one expectations of Cook as a potential TE1 probably need to be adjusted and other options explored. He's now just another guy amongst the TE2 masses IMO given the sad state of the Rams.

Those options now include dropping him. But of course doing so presumes better or more consistent options are available.

I didn't mean to imply that everyone holding onto him was not being smart so my bad if it came across that way.

Next week could be a decent matchup with JAX but after that the Rams have HOU/CAR/SEA/IND/CHI/SF in 6 out of the following 7. All of those defenses are as good or better than what the Rams have faced last three weeks so I took that into account when saying he's "definitely droppable."

Users who are viewing this thread