What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone think Moss WON'T end up in St Louis? (1 Viewer)

Miami dolphins need a deep threat, and Moss has a home down here and is a heat fan. Dolphins are mum, but word is they are interested and Brandon Marshall was asked about it and said he'd love randy down here.

According to Chris Mortenson, who is known for his fairly accurate intuition (and inside sources), the Rams are the #1 spot he'll most likely land. Mort says that we'll all know by 12:30 EST today, where Moss will land. Note that it isn't the NFL who will make the announcement, but the team that picks him up.

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/1204?a_id=2Marc, New Jersey 2:10 PM CT <--Rams GM B. Devaney

Hi Billy, I know you would'nt remember me but we played baseball against other when I was at RBC and you were at Mater Dei. I've enjoyed following your career and I hope that you and Spags can finish the season on a relatively high note to impress our new owner. I know the Moss situation is tempting but am I correct in assuming that he doesn't meet the four pillars reqiurement? Good Luck!

General Manager Billy Devaney, Stlouisrams.com

We did own the Casey's, didn't we? As far as talking about specific players that have not been officially waived, I can't talk about them. We are constantly looking for ways to add to our team and we factor in many areas.

Randy Moss, MN, USA 2:12 PM CT

Hey Billy, When are you signing me? #84

General Manager Billy Devaney, Stlouisrams.com

That's it. I'm not answering any more damn questions. I'll be the one to ask the questions and answer them from this point on!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah yeah of course it won't happen-

I want Goodell to call me and some other fans in for a meeting and we discuss what is best for the fans.

I don't want to see a special WR go to Carolina (and a slew of other teams) and get poorly thrown passes thrown his way by poor quarterbacks. I don't want to see him be part of the implosion in Dallas.

I want to see DBs try and stop he and Calvin.

I really enjoy watching Bradford and when they had a game earlier this year that many caught, there was a thread here where many people stated as such too. He throws such a nice catchable ball that's so often in the perfect spot it's fun to watch even with these Rams WRs that might not even make other NFL teams. I'd love to see him throw those type passes to Moss.

I don't want to see him go to the Pats. I've seen that rerun before on TV.

Again, I know it wouldn't happen, but I sooo wish the fans could pick here.

According to Chris Mortenson, who is known for his fairly accurate intuition (and inside sources), the Rams are the #1 spot he'll most likely land. Mort says that we'll all know by 12:30 EST today, where Moss will land. Note that it isn't the NFL who will make the announcement, but the team that picks him up.
If this happens bump Steven Jackson

If this happens bump Steven Jackson
Bump Amendola. Welker II in the making.

I think one thing to consider is that if a team would claim Moss on waivers they would be paying a pretty big salary for the rest of the season for a guy who would then become a free agent. My speculation is that if he is waived the bottom of the waiver teams won't want to shell out his contract money for just half a season.
He wont make it to the Pats ( jets or Dolphins will take him , to make sure he doesnt go back to NE )he doesnt make it trough the waivers..

I've got nothing to back this up, but I'd be a little bit surprised if he gets past Detroit at #6. They've won two straight in pretty impressive fashion, they have their young QB back, and they're looking like they're in decent shape for a good 2nd half of the season. Even though they're most likely out of it - why not load up with another weapon for Stafford on the off chance that they can string together a few more wins in a division where the Pack is injured and Chicago and Minny are uninspiring. I think they'd be silly not to pick up Moss.
I agree with this , but i dont think Randy would be thrilled playing second fiddle to CJ ..

As a Bradford dynasty owner I'm seriously sweating Moss becoming a Ram. As all good bullies can, Randy is very adept at quickly figuring out who will back down to his BS and who won't. Bradford has been progressing as a pro better than anyone could have imagined and I don't need Moss in his ear all game about the number of passes he isn't getting.

Hopefully the Rams think about the possible long-term downside.

As a Bradford dynasty owner I'm seriously sweating Moss becoming a Ram. As all good bullies can, Randy is very adept at quickly figuring out who will back down to his BS and who won't. Bradford has been progressing as a pro better than anyone could have imagined and I don't need Moss in his ear all game about the number of passes he isn't getting. Hopefully the Rams think about the possible long-term downside.
I don't think there would be any long-term concerns because I don't believe Moss would be in St. Louis beyond this season. But I agree that if it were me, I would not want to poison Bradford's development by bringing in Moss. Bradford has progressed extremely quickly and looked very good this season but while I realize the Rams badly need WR help I'm not sure it's worth investing in Moss given all the potential issues he could create for a very promising young QB in his first season.

I've got nothing to back this up, but I'd be a little bit surprised if he gets past Detroit at #6. They've won two straight in pretty impressive fashion, they have their young QB back, and they're looking like they're in decent shape for a good 2nd half of the season. Even though they're most likely out of it - why not load up with another weapon for Stafford on the off chance that they can string together a few more wins in a division where the Pack is injured and Chicago and Minny are uninspiring. I think they'd be silly not to pick up Moss.
I agree with this , but i dont think Randy would be thrilled playing second fiddle to CJ ..
They've already pretty much said they won't take him. Young team developing some good chemistry. No need to bring Moss in under those circumstances.Edit: The Detroit Lions are highly unlikely to pursue free-agent WR Randy Moss (Vikings), according to Tom Kowalski, of Mlive.com

As a Bradford dynasty owner I'm seriously sweating Moss becoming a Ram. As all good bullies can, Randy is very adept at quickly figuring out who will back down to his BS and who won't. Bradford has been progressing as a pro better than anyone could have imagined and I don't need Moss in his ear all game about the number of passes he isn't getting. Hopefully the Rams think about the possible long-term downside.
IF IF IFDoubt Moss has any negative effect on Bradford. Bradford is such a good kid-so much so it almost annoyed some the most macho OU fans that would rather he eat dirt. The tough guys don't want a "momma's boy" type thing.Oklahoma had their share of troublemakers in football and basketball and Bradford steered clear much like Blake Griffin did and both are real good kids. Also don't forget Bomar getting in trouble helped give Bradford a chance and his buddy Dez sat out last year.He's experienced or witnessed enough in life to know better.I'll be counting the minutes til Moss' first practice with him where he comes out and says something like "wow" to the press after the practice. Like Brady, Bradford can put it exactly where the pass needs to be. It'll be back on Moss that he'd better catch it. I don't imagine Moss whining too much.

They've already pretty much said they won't take him. Young team developing some good chemistry. No need to bring Moss in under those circumstances.Edit: The Detroit Lions are highly unlikely to pursue free-agent WR Randy Moss (Vikings), according to Tom Kowalski, of Mlive.com
You know Randy and Calvin would give the Jets defense fits this week

I don't think there would be any long-term concerns because I don't believe Moss would be in St. Louis beyond this season. But I agree that if it were me, I would not want to poison Bradford's development by bringing in Moss. Bradford has progressed extremely quickly and looked very good this season but while I realize the Rams badly need WR help I'm not sure it's worth investing in Moss given all the potential issues he could create for a very promising young QB in his first season.
You're probably right. As a member of the Rams organization though, I'd seriously ask myself if we want to rock this boat.

Hey Billy, When are you signing me? #84General Manager Billy Devaney, Stlouisrams.comThat's it. I'm not answering any more damn questions. I'll be the one to ask the questions and answer them from this point on!
:( Gotta love a GM with a sense of humor. (I assume he was spoofing Moss' post-game "interview")

Bump Amendola. Welker II in the making.
Can't wait til the day all these "Welker II" guys get to see Marc Mariani on a regular basis
I have no idea what you're trying to say here. My point was Amendola will benefit tremendously if Moss were to play for the Rams.
:shock: I'm waiting for the news so I can grab Amendola off waiver.
He should be on a roster in PPR leagues already. Not to mention leagues that score return yardage.

i think moss won't end up in st. louis because there are a dozen teams with a higher waiver priority. i say he's going to san francisco.
singletary just said during an interview on KNBR680 that they are "happy with the team that they have now," meaning that they are not looking at claiming Moss or Merriman for that matter.

Randy Moss may sit out season depending on waiver claim Wed Nov 3, 02:30 PM

Free-agent WR Randy Moss (Vikings) is willing to sit out the rest of the season if he is not happy with the team that claims him off waivers, a source told Ian Rapoport, of the Boston Herald.

Link to story

Randy Moss player page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bills | Considering placing claim on Shawne Merriman Wed Nov 3, 02:25 PM

The Buffalo Bills are leaning toward placing a waiver claim on free-agent LB Shawne Merriman (Chargers), reports FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer

Randy Moss may sit out season depending on waiver claim Wed Nov 3, 02:30 PM Free-agent WR Randy Moss (Vikings) is willing to sit out the rest of the season if he is not happy with the team that claims him off waivers, a source told Ian Rapoport, of the Boston Herald.Link to storyRandy Moss player page-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bills | Considering placing claim on Shawne Merriman Wed Nov 3, 02:25 PM The Buffalo Bills are leaning toward placing a waiver claim on free-agent LB Shawne Merriman (Chargers), reports FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer
Wonderful.

Randy Moss may sit out season depending on waiver claim Wed Nov 3, 02:30 PM Free-agent WR Randy Moss (Vikings) is willing to sit out the rest of the season if he is not happy with the team that claims him off waivers, a source told Ian Rapoport, of the Boston Herald.Link to storyRandy Moss player page-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bills | Considering placing claim on Shawne Merriman Wed Nov 3, 02:25 PM The Buffalo Bills are leaning toward placing a waiver claim on free-agent LB Shawne Merriman (Chargers), reports FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer
Wonderful.
I used to like this guy.

Randy Moss may sit out season depending on waiver claim Wed Nov 3, 02:30 PM Free-agent WR Randy Moss (Vikings) is willing to sit out the rest of the season if he is not happy with the team that claims him off waivers, a source told Ian Rapoport, of the Boston Herald.
So, if it goes down this way, what happens NEXT season? Is he a FA, or does he just demand a trade?

Moss is trying to pout his way back to NE, hoping that this little "I might sit out" message will get teams to rescind their waiver claims (can they do that after they have sent them in?) and he will be back with the Patriots. I hope some team claims him and he is stuck.

I think a lot of players would float the prospect of sitting out. In similar circumstances with similar talent, I would change that to most players.

I think if a team like STL claims him he might not show up.
heidbrink said:
Payne said:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Wonderful.
I used to like this guy.
hate to say I told ya so

Ghost Rider said:
Moss is trying to pout his way back to NE, hoping that this little "I might sit out" message will get teams to rescind their waiver claims (can they do that after they have sent them in?) and he will be back with the Patriots. I hope some team claims him and he is stuck.
I'm not doubting you but wondering why you think so?

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Randy Moss may sit out season depending on waiver claim Wed Nov 3, 02:30 PM

Free-agent WR Randy Moss (Vikings) is willing to sit out the rest of the season if he is not happy with the team that claims him off waivers, a source told Ian Rapoport, of the Boston Herald.

Link to story

Randy Moss player page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bills | Considering placing claim on Shawne Merriman Wed Nov 3, 02:25 PM

The Buffalo Bills are leaning toward placing a waiver claim on free-agent LB Shawne Merriman (Chargers), reports FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer
Is this like James Harrison retiring?

Ghost Rider said:
I'm not doubting you but wondering why you think so?
The more you hear about this whole mess, the more you get the impression that he won't be happy at all unless he is back with the Patriots. And the funny part is that he was dogging it with them already and displaying a bad attitude, which is largely why they traded him, so it is not like he would go back there and suddenly give 100% all of the time and be a happy guy.

When does this get announced?

I know they said something about 4 PM today. Does that mean at about 4:01 PM the world will know what team Moss is going to?

When does this get announced?I know they said something about 4 PM today. Does that mean at about 4:01 PM the world will know what team Moss is going to?
I think I read that the waiver process ends at 4:00 today, and if nobody claims him, he becomes a free agent with Minnesota paying the rest of his salery this year. Then he is free to sign with any team of his choosing. At this point, if he wasn't claimed, I'm thinking nobody wants to pay his salery if he's not going to play and becomes a locker room cancer.Pats will re-sign him for the veteran league minimum.

When does this get announced?I know they said something about 4 PM today. Does that mean at about 4:01 PM the world will know what team Moss is going to?
I think I read that the waiver process ends at 4:00 today, and if nobody claims him, he becomes a free agent with Minnesota paying the rest of his salery this year. Then he is free to sign with any team of his choosing. At this point, if he wasn't claimed, I'm thinking nobody wants to pay his salery if he's not going to play and becomes a locker room cancer.Pats will re-sign him for the veteran league minimum.
I can't help it but I'm picturing a Star Wars scene where sith lord BB rolls his fingers as he says to his apprentices... "all is going according to plan"

per rotoworld (expanding on earlier post):

Citing a source close to Randy Moss, Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald reports that Moss would be willing to sit out the remainder of the season if he dislikes the team that claims him off waivers.

Moss reportedly "wants a ring" from the team that claims him. Moss' agent, Joel Segal, has likely made the receiver's feelings known throughout the league. Obviously, it's going to be a prohibitive factor for less competitive clubs. According to Rapoport, Moss visited the Jets' facility on Tuesday because "He sees their potential and realizes their lack of deep threat." Moss apparently isn't a big Braylon Edwards fan. For what it's worth, Bodog.com has the Rams as the favorites for Moss at 7/2. He'll be officially claimed at 4ET

BusterTBronco said:
According to PFT, the Rams are 13th in the waiver priority list. There is no way Moss will make it that far.
It's not just where they are on the waiver priority list. They also need to have enough scratch to cover his contract, a need at the WR position, and a willingness to deal with the Randy circus.

Someone refresh my memory: if a team claims Moss, and he decides to sit out the rest of the season, how does that work as far as his contract goes? Can't they just fine him for each missed game, essentially erasing all or most of what he is owed?

If so, certain teams would be stupid to not call his bluff and let him just waltz back to NE (if the Patriots do in fact want and would take him back).

Someone refresh my memory: if a team claims Moss, and he decides to sit out the rest of the season, how does that work as far as his contract goes? Can't they just fine him for each missed game, essentially erasing all or most of what he is owed?If so, certain teams would be stupid to not call his bluff and let him just waltz back to NE (if the Patriots do in fact want and would take him back).
he would be a restricted FA, much like Vincent Jackson was this year. Bottom line is that Randy isn't going to sit, because he wants to be an unrestricted FA. However, Randy clearly won't give a 100% effort if he doesn't want to be there, so do these lower ranked teams (ala STL) really want to roll the dice that Randy is going to try? I say no. Randy to Miami or NE.

Teams will prob talk to Randy before submitting the claim to see if he feels he fits in. All others get a public statement how he'll sit out.

per rotoworld (expanding on earlier post):Citing a source close to Randy Moss, Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald reports that Moss would be willing to sit out the remainder of the season if he dislikes the team that claims him off waivers.Moss reportedly "wants a ring" from the team that claims him. Moss' agent, Joel Segal, has likely made the receiver's feelings known throughout the league. Obviously, it's going to be a prohibitive factor for less competitive clubs. According to Rapoport, Moss visited the Jets' facility on Tuesday because "He sees their potential and realizes their lack of deep threat." Moss apparently isn't a big Braylon Edwards fan. For what it's worth, Bodog.com has the Rams as the favorites for Moss at 7/2. He'll be officially claimed at 4ET
Braylon and Holmes aren't deep threats? Okay, Randy. It would be fun to watch him try playing with their crappy qb.

wants a ring. whatta piece of work this guy is. well, we'll know in less than ten minutes most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread