What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Apple (AAPL) : Tim Cook announces iForum. Dodds and Bryant prepare shut down operations (1 Viewer)

Bit perturbed right now. Ordered a new MacBook Pro on August 12th. Initial delivery estimate was August 22-24. Delivery update yesterday was the 25th and now it's pushed back to the 28th. Anybody have experience with calling/emailing Apple to complain about this type of thing and get something out of it? Apple Store didn't have any 16gb ram models so had to order online. 

Got on Apple chat on Wednesday about 3:00pm. Chatted for 20 minutes explaining how it'd be good to have the computer for the weekend and the 28th was unacceptable overall. Ended chat with no resolution other than, "we don't ship on the weekend and that is why it moved to the 28th." An hour or so later I checked the UPS delivery tracker and the computer was put into a faster shipping mode and the date was moved to the 24th. By 3:00 pm on Thursday, I had my computer.

It was in Korea for 40 hours and then went to Alaska where it was when I talked to chat. In 24 hours it went from Alaska to a couple other stops and to the delivery point (me). Unfortunately I have to get some dongles now but this computer is much smaller compared to my old one. It is weird how small it is.

Is this the generic Apple thread? Android guy here who has his first iPad (Pro 10.5) coming tomorrow. Must have apps? I'm assuming (hoping) all the standard Google apps will work fine on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump for Tuesday. Speculation is that this year is more of a "refresh" year with bigger things happening in 2020. More software focused than hardware. Just have to wait and see. If they refresh the iPad Pros from last year with the same bendable aluminum... hard pass. I bought a series 4 watch and I know the software is a huge upsell for them on Tuesday.

Anyone have an Mac Mini 2018? I'm mulling over trading my Macbook Pro in and buying a Mini. I have a monitor that I don't use much because I'm on the Pro much of the time. I'm curious how a desktop with tablets/iPhone would work for me. What, if anything, would I miss out on, and/or gain by having this type of setup. I've been using Macbooks since 2006 but this current one hasn't left my house in quite some time (more than 2 years) since I use my phone outside of the house mostly or a Surface for work.

Curious to see what others might say.

Anyone have an Mac Mini 2018? I'm mulling over trading my Macbook Pro in and buying a Mini. I have a monitor that I don't use much because I'm on the Pro much of the time. I'm curious how a desktop with tablets/iPhone would work for me. What, if anything, would I miss out on, and/or gain by having this type of setup. I've been using Macbooks since 2006 but this current one hasn't left my house in quite some time (more than 2 years) since I use my phone outside of the house mostly or a Surface for work.

Curious to see what others might say.
I have an older version Mac Mini and love it. They're great little machines and excellent value for the buck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an older version Mac Mini and love it. They're great little machines and excellent value for the buck.
Went to the Apple store and the guy told me to put my Macbook Pro on FaceBook marketplace or craigslist. He said I may be able to get ~$900 or so for it. If true, it'd cost me about $500 to go with the Mini. Not a bad trade since I'll get more screen real estate and a "better" keyboard. I'd buy 3rd party RAM to upgrade and that will be that. I think I'd be more productive with that setup than the one I have now. Just typing out loud.

Mario Kart said:
Went to the Apple store and the guy told me to put my Macbook Pro on FaceBook marketplace or craigslist. He said I may be able to get ~$900 or so for it. If true, it'd cost me about $500 to go with the Mini. Not a bad trade since I'll get more screen real estate and a "better" keyboard. I'd buy 3rd party RAM to upgrade and that will be that. I think I'd be more productive with that setup than the one I have now. Just typing out loud.
"more productive"

So, I'm getting mentally ready to sell my Macbook Pro, still have to save some things and be sure I've got stuffed backed up. Not sure if you upgraded the RAM but to bump it up to 32GB, its only $120. Have to buy some tools to help me out but for an extra $150 total (ram and tools) instead of Apple doing it... that should extend the life of the Mini by a good margin. Did you upgrade RAM or no?

Users who are viewing this thread