What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are female politicians more at risk of violence against them? (1 Viewer)

The Z Machine

Footballguy
With the news of the (foiled) plot to kidnap Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, it got me thinking... Would this plot have been hatched against a male politician if he had acted exactly the same as Whitmer?  Or is there something about women in power that galvanizes men to try and perpetuate violence against them?  Obviously Gabby Giffords comes to mind here.

I bet the FBI has records of credible threats against national and high level state politicians.  Do those records indicate a disproportionate number threats of violence against women compared to men?  Or are there so few real, credible threats that the n is simply too low to draw conclusions?

All men are deathly afraid of all women because any woman can invalidate a man's reason for existence with but a two-letter word. Women are completely unafraid of men unless made to be. This is not a good formula for men and women co-existing on an extrasexual basis.

I thought Gabby survived?
So did Ford, Reagan, et al 

I was just rolling with it

There have been a ton of female lower level politicians murdered in other countries, but I doubt the names would be familiar other than Nehru's daughter. The PM of Rwanda is *I think* the only other female head of state who was assassinated?

Users who are viewing this thread