What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ask Dave and Alex (FFPC) and or Joe/David (1 Viewer)

My draft for Sept. 3rd at 7 just became full how long till you send the confirmation emails out to get things movin?

My draft for Sept. 3rd at 7 just became full how long till you send the confirmation emails out to get things movin?
Sometimes it takes a few days to get all the logistics in order, especially if its a draft scheduled later in the month. For the earlier drafts, we try to release them as fast as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it sucks that I can't make any waiver moves before the season starts. I realize that it would be tough with some leagues drafting the day before the season.

However, I've already lost Lynell Hamilton and Glen Coffee. I realize I wasn't going to start them anyway in week 1, but how many more players might I lose?

Something to consider in the future, especially when you have leagues drafting the first week of August. Going the entire pre-season with no waiver moves available really sucks.

I think it sucks that I can't make any waiver moves before the season starts. I realize that it would be tough with some leagues drafting the day before the season. However, I've already lost Lynell Hamilton and Glen Coffee. I realize I wasn't going to start them anyway in week 1, but how many more players might I lose?Something to consider in the future, especially when you have leagues drafting the first week of August. Going the entire pre-season with no waiver moves available really sucks.
I hear you and I wish this was possible but most leagues will be drafting just days before Thursday's Opening game so there is no chance to offer them a waiver option. For the sake of fairness and balance, if we can't offer pre-season waivers to all leagues, we can't offer it to any.

I think it sucks that I can't make any waiver moves before the season starts. I realize that it would be tough with some leagues drafting the day before the season. However, I've already lost Lynell Hamilton and Glen Coffee. I realize I wasn't going to start them anyway in week 1, but how many more players might I lose?Something to consider in the future, especially when you have leagues drafting the first week of August. Going the entire pre-season with no waiver moves available really sucks.
the disadvantages of drafting early

I hear you and I wish this was possible but most leagues will be drafting just days before Thursday's Opening game so there is no chance to offer them a waiver option. For the sake of fairness and balance, if we can't offer pre-season waivers to all leagues, we can't offer it to any.
I understand. I probably wouldn't care had I not lost two RBs already. Ignore my complaining.Of course, our first week's waiver wire will be a lot more loaded than leagues that draft late. It is blind bidding, so at least it's fair to all owners.

is there a league site already set up for each league or will it be created once the league is full

Hey Unlucky - Coffee and Hamilton were going to get zero stats so whomever you pick up is going to be better than them anyway.

the disadvantages of drafting early
I drafted Fitz and Nicks- but I also drafted Foster from Hous- it goes both ways.

With all due respect, I think that this is 1 of the more ludicrous posts that I have seen in a long time. Each league functions completely independent of every other league, especially with regards to the "time line" (drafting). The leagues that drafted early have NO idea as to who will be injured or who will step up. I, OTOH, will be drafting later (1st draft currently scheduled for 9/02) and I WILL have that knowledge. I know not to draft Tate/Hou/RB. When/how the teams, in other leagues, use their money has NO effect upon my teams or my leagues. Or any other teams/leagues, for that matter. There is absolutely NO advantage gained/lost by having WWs for those leagues that have already drafted. Frankly, my suggestion would be to have a WW after EACH WEEK'S preseason games. I believe that if you DO NOT do this, that next year you may find that there may be minimum sign-ups early and that the smart owners will wait to draft VERY LATE.Just MHO.

With all due respect, I think that this is 1 of the more ludicrous posts that I have seen in a long time. Each league functions completely independent of every other league, especially with regards to the "time line" (drafting). The leagues that drafted early have NO idea as to who will be injured or who will step up. I, OTOH, will be drafting later (1st draft currently scheduled for 9/02) and I WILL have that knowledge. I know not to draft Tate/Hou/RB. When/how the teams, in other leagues, use their money has NO effect upon my teams or my leagues. Or any other teams/leagues, for that matter. There is absolutely NO advantage gained/lost by having WWs for those leagues that have already drafted. Frankly, my suggestion would be to have a WW after EACH WEEK'S preseason games. I believe that if you DO NOT do this, that next year you may find that there may be minimum sign-ups early and that the smart owners will wait to draft VERY LATE.Just MHO.
I've been known to make some ludicrous posts in my life but rarely make the "one of the most ludicrous posts in a long time" ranking. :lmao: Be that as it may, lets first establish the facts: each league does NOT function completely independent of every other league when all are playing for the same $50,000 Grand Prize. As far as this having an impact on early signups vs late, we are totally comfortable in letting you - the player - make that choice. If you feel that drafting early is a disadvantage, then by all means, draft later. You can draft on Wednesday September 8th, less than 24 hours before Thursday's Opening game. Or any other day in August. But there may still be some who want to draft earlier knowing there are no pre-season waivers, and guess what? They have that option. We leave the decision making to you but the rules are the same for all leagues, regardless when they draft.

I understand. I probably wouldn't care had I not lost two RBs already. Ignore my complaining.Of course, our first week's waiver wire will be a lot more loaded than leagues that draft late. It is blind bidding, so at least it's fair to all owners.
UNLUCKY - MAYBE YOU OUGHT TO CONSIDER CHANGING YOUR FORUM ID THAT YOU'VE SELECTED TO USE HERE . . :mellow:

Something seems incorrect about the league I was placed in. I registered for the 8/20 10 pm draft and my confirmation email says this, but the league invite email I got says it is for the 8/18 draft. I accepted the invite before realizing this.

I'm actually ok drafting tomorrow night, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be in the league i was placed in. My team name is the Tim Tebow Crusade for Christ.

Something seems incorrect about the league I was placed in. I registered for the 8/20 10 pm draft and my confirmation email says this, but the league invite email I got says it is for the 8/18 draft. I accepted the invite before realizing this. I'm actually ok drafting tomorrow night, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be in the league i was placed in. My team name is the Tim Tebow Crusade for Christ.
Please email Chris at chris@myffpc.com right away

I've been known to make some ludicrous posts in my life but rarely make the "one of the most ludicrous posts in a long time" ranking. :thumbup: Be that as it may, lets first establish the facts: each league does NOT function completely independent of every other league when all are playing for the same $50,000 Grand Prize. As far as this having an impact on early signups vs late, we are totally comfortable in letting you - the player - make that choice. If you feel that drafting early is a disadvantage, then by all means, draft later. You can draft on Wednesday September 8th, less than 24 hours before Thursday's Opening game. Or any other day in August. But there may still be some who want to draft earlier knowing there are no pre-season waivers, and guess what? They have that option. We leave the decision making to you but the rules are the same for all leagues, regardless when they draft.
Ive made a pretty big mistake-I drafted a few weeks ago and as I do in my early drafts I forgo the kicker spot to pick up an extra body to increase my chances of hitting during preseason. Now I don't have a kicker for the first week- but more importantly i can't submit a valid roster without a kicker on it. Is there anything I can do to submit a valid albeit missing a kicker (i don't expect that rule to be bent for me) roster the first week?

I've been known to make some ludicrous posts in my life but rarely make the "one of the most ludicrous posts in a long time" ranking. :lmao: Be that as it may, lets first establish the facts: each league does NOT function completely independent of every other league when all are playing for the same $50,000 Grand Prize. As far as this having an impact on early signups vs late, we are totally comfortable in letting you - the player - make that choice. If you feel that drafting early is a disadvantage, then by all means, draft later. You can draft on Wednesday September 8th, less than 24 hours before Thursday's Opening game. Or any other day in August. But there may still be some who want to draft earlier knowing there are no pre-season waivers, and guess what? They have that option. We leave the decision making to you but the rules are the same for all leagues, regardless when they draft.
Ive made a pretty big mistake-I drafted a few weeks ago and as I do in my early drafts I forgo the kicker spot to pick up an extra body to increase my chances of hitting during preseason. Now I don't have a kicker for the first week- but more importantly i can't submit a valid roster without a kicker on it. Is there anything I can do to submit a valid albeit missing a kicker (i don't expect that rule to be bent for me) roster the first week?
You will be able to submit a starting lineup without a kicker. The other 9 players will receive points. And you will be able to pick up a kicker after week 1 during the first blind bidding run.

Just got into the 8/23 7pm draft date. Just to make sure I have this correct; As soon as this league fills up we will be sent the draft order & a link to actually get into the live draft room? Do we need any other Login ID's or passwords to access our leagues homepage to monitor our team? What happens if a league doesn't fill by the draft deadline? Sorry if these have already been answered but I need confirmation. Thanks guys!

Just got into the 8/23 7pm draft date. Just to make sure I have this correct; As soon as this league fills up we will be sent the draft order & a link to actually get into the live draft room? Do we need any other Login ID's or passwords to access our leagues homepage to monitor our team? What happens if a league doesn't fill by the draft deadline? Sorry if these have already been answered but I need confirmation. Thanks guys!
You should be getting an email with an invite to the draft room. This will be your login. Check you spam folder to see if its there. If you don't have it, please email Chris at chris@myffpc.com

You should be getting an email with an invite to the draft room. This will be your login. Check you spam folder to see if its there. If you don't have it, please email Chris at chris@myffpc.com
thanks

Two questions:

1.It seems to be spelled out in the rules but wanted confirmation, is trading allowed during the season? (Its listed as no, but sandwiched near draft rules. Not sure if its just during draft, or no trading entire year?)

2.I was considering signing up for the 3-pack, if by some miracle 2 or more teams qualify for a FBG one year or lifetime subscription will any surplus be sent out as a prize? Or could that amount be put towards next year's entry?

Thanks-

Two questions:1.It seems to be spelled out in the rules but wanted confirmation, is trading allowed during the season? (Its listed as no, but sandwiched near draft rules. Not sure if its just during draft, or no trading entire year?)2.I was considering signing up for the 3-pack, if by some miracle 2 or more teams qualify for a FBG one year or lifetime subscription will any surplus be sent out as a prize? Or could that amount be put towards next year's entry?Thanks-
1. There is no trading allowed. You have to improve your team through waiver wire pickups.2. If you qualified for two 3-year subscriptions, we would give you 6 years. If you won a lifetime and something else, we will give you the lifetime and work out something that makes sense. If you win two lifetimes, you probably could sell one pretty easily on our boards, but again we could work something out.

I am looking for the ADP's for the FBG Players Championship. Are they available?
As mentioned many other places, the draft records from the individual drafts belongs to those particular drafters....BUT there was one early draft (Friday, August 6 - the REDvsBLUE live draft and commentary which you can also find information on in this forum)...BUT here is DD's response from another thread here

QUOTE (DonnyT33 @ Aug 13 2010, 11:02 PM)

QUOTE (David Dodds @ Aug 12 2010, 07:47 PM)

QUOTE (Captain Hook @ Aug 12 2010, 01:04 PM)

BTW if you missed this live, there is an article posted today "FBG PC draft dissected" that will give you tons of information and a link to the full draft board.

In addition if you go to blogtalkradio.com you can find the archived RedvsBlue show from 8/6

Plus we made this article FREE so everyone can enjoy it

where is it, cant locate it?

http://footballguys.com/10pvh_fpcdraft.php

Also if you look at the thread about the special drafts this Friday, August 27 - those drafts will be made public

Sometimes it takes a few days to get all the logistics in order, especially if its a draft scheduled later in the month. For the earlier drafts, we try to release them as fast as possible.
Logistics? :confused: So getting things in order for a draft on Sept 7 takes longer than getting things in order for one on August 30th? I don't mind waiting, Alex .....I just don't like to be BS'd :lmao: As soon as 12 teams are reserved for any individual FPC draft date (check), draft slots for that league will be randomly selected (Logistic #1?) and announced to the 12 participants (Logistic #2?). The draft order selection of each FPC team will be overseen by an officer of JDAD, LLC (Logistic #3?).

LOL - I just can't see how any of the logistics involved would affect the promptness of getting the draft position information out to the owners. I'm all ears and will be quick with an apology if there is a reasonable explanation other than Logistics.

LMAO at Logistics :confused: So getting things in order for a draft on Sept 7 takes longer that getting things in order for one on August 30th? I don't mind waiting, I just don't like to be BS'd :lmao:
We currently have 820 teams in the FPC, that's almost 70 leagues. We also have the FFPC, with almost 25 leagues. We have another 50 other various satellite leagues in the FFPC. We create, organize and facilitate all drafts. We answer 200+ emails/day, mostly on various customer service topics. We also monitor 2 message boards: this one and our own on the myffpc.com website. We do all this with a staff of 3 people and we do it well, with few complaints or issues. So, I'm not "BSing" you. I'm just telling you that sometimes releasing a draft order doesn't happen in an instant and they are usually released in order of draft date, and you will definitely get yours, I promise you.

strattkatt said:
LMAO at Logistics :lmao: So getting things in order for a draft on Sept 7 takes longer that getting things in order for one on August 30th? I don't mind waiting, I just don't like to be BS'd :goodposting:
We currently have 820 teams in the FPC, that's almost 70 leagues. We also have the FFPC, with almost 25 leagues. We have another 50 other various satellite leagues in the FFPC. We create, organize and facilitate all drafts. We answer 200+ emails/day, mostly on various customer service topics. We also monitor 2 message boards: this one and our own on the myffpc.com website. We do all this with a staff of 3 people and we do it well, with few complaints or issues. So, I'm not "BSing" you. I'm just telling you that sometimes releasing a draft order doesn't happen in an instant and they are usually released in order of draft date, and you will definitely get yours, I promise you.
Thanks for the contest statistics. The reputation of David and Joe are to thank for those lofty numbers. Alex, I'm just anxious to start mocking from whatever position I get which is why I joined a team with 11 owners vs one with fewer already registered. My guess is that if there were more than 3 of you, I'd have my draft position by now. It sounds like the workload deserves it, but I understand my frivolous observations are only holding things up more. Thanks for your part in what is guaranteed to be the best online contest in Fantasy Football.
Thank you for playing. This contest is only successful because of the player's support. And yes, David and Joe's reputation is the reason.In addition to the logistics, there may also be an issue within the draft itself, with one of the teams, which is holding up the draft order release. Please email Chris at chris@myffpc.com and she will give you an update.

Alex - That makes sense, considering payment problems or ineligibility due to state residence, etc. However I'm not going to bug Chris. Again, your post detailed the amount of work this has become for 3 people and I don't want to add to that. Thanks for the quick response. I'll try to be patient....not one of my virtues. :excited:

"Thanks for the quick response. I'll try to be patient....not one of my virtues. "

And a better person you'll turn out to be, as you continue to improve and increase the virtues in your "quiver of life".

GL in your draft, and the coming season.

:o

signed up for the 9-5-1b(Sunday) 1PM draft. it only has 5 players.

what if the league does not fill up?

when will the decision be made to cancel this league?

i see the other leagues are filling up. this might be a bad time for a draft with it being a holiday weekend, did not think of that when I joined.

signed up for the 9-5-1b(Sunday) 1PM draft. it only has 5 players. what if the league does not fill up?when will the decision be made to cancel this league?i see the other leagues are filling up. this might be a bad time for a draft with it being a holiday weekend, did not think of that when I joined.
Your league is guaranteed to fill. Don't worry about it - just worry about getting your cheatsheet ready :)

Overall Standings Regular Season Point Leaders (Week 1-11)

1 - $1,900

2 - $500

3 - $350

This isnt for each league is it? this just means that 3 teams out of the 1100 get paid for their regular season points?

Overall Standings Regular Season Point Leaders (Week 1-11)

1 - $1,900

2 - $500

3 - $350

This isnt for each league is it? this just means that 3 teams out of the 1100 get paid for their regular season points?
See AboveTop three in the contest for regular season

It is my own fault for not reading the rules more closely but I do feel not having a waiver period before week 1 is more unfair to the early drafters then having one would be to the late drafters. If you are drafting a day or two before the season there is no reason you should need the waiver wire for the first week, people that drafted early could wind up with QB's that do not play in week 1. I for one will certainly be drafting later next year.

It is my own fault for not reading the rules more closely but I do feel not having a waiver period before week 1 is more unfair to the early drafters then having one would be to the late drafters. If you are drafting a day or two before the season there is no reason you should need the waiver wire for the first week, people that drafted early could wind up with QB's that do not play in week 1. I for one will certainly be drafting later next year.
There are definitely pros and cons of drafting early. Some people stole RB Arian Foster, WR Mike Williams, Malcom Floyd for pennies in these early drafts. Later drafts the ADP is much more stable, but also comes with more information available.

I received this email from chris@myffpc.com on August 29th:

Hi Everyone!

The Footballguys Players Championship 9/7/10 10pm EST Draft Spots are below. We will send out invites to the draft page a.s.a.p. The draft is scheduled for 10pm EST. Please arrive to the draft 20 minutes prior.

Our draft is in 24 hours. 8 days later, the "a.s.a.p." invite has yet to arrive. Looking forward to a great contest but can't say I've been wowed by the timeliness of the draft order announcement and now the draft invite itself. Before someone tells me to relax or whatever, I want to be clear that this is simply my feedback..... the feedback being that I hope this improves in the years to come. ....not to mention I hope I get the invite this year in time to check out the site (as the rules suggests).

-

UPDATE: The league is now gone altogether from the sign-up page. All the other leagues yet to draft are still there. I am getting more disappointed by the hour.

Also have a draft at 10 PM tonight and have received nothing other than a confirmation that they received my money. The draft order and link to where I can even log-in to the league would be great. Looking forward to it, thanks guys!

David and Alex

Last night, someone did not draft a kicker. If FAAb starts Week 2, how can that be allowed?
They just get zero points for their kicker spot for week 1.
You will be able to submit a starting lineup without a kicker. The other 9 players will receive points. And you will be able to pick up a kicker after week 1 during the first blind bidding run.
I got this in an email yesterday
A valid FPC lineup will contain 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 2 Flex (RB, WR or TE), 1 TE, 1 K and 1 D.Thanks,
And i cannot submit a lineup currently without a K. Is this going to be changed in the saftware or are we going to have to emial our starters or is it not going to be allowed?

Also have a draft at 10 PM tonight and have received nothing other than a confirmation that they received my money. The draft order and link to where I can even log-in to the league would be great. Looking forward to it, thanks guys!
Is anyone going to address what the heck is going on??? We have people drafting tonight who haven't received an invitation --- AND league 09.07.10c is missing

Is anyone going to address what the heck is going on??? We have people drafting tonight who haven't received an invitation --- AND league 09.07.10c is missing
Hi strattkat,I saw your email and replied back within 10 minutes. I see that Chris replied back even sooner. Do you have everything you need now?

Good luck in your draft tonight!

J

Hi strattkat,I saw your email and replied back within 10 minutes. I see that Chris replied back even sooner. Do you have everything you need now?

J
The address being used to send out the draft order and invitation was being misspelled. Chris fixed everything. I can now start worrying about pick 8.

J
The address being used to send out the draft order and invitation was being misspelled. Chris fixed everything. I can now start worrying about pick 8.
Awesome strat.Winston Wolfe has nothing on Chris as our Cleaner. Good luck tonight.

J

David and Alex

Last night, someone did not draft a kicker. If FAAb starts Week 2, how can that be allowed?
They just get zero points for their kicker spot for week 1.
I got this in an email yesterday
A valid FPC lineup will contain 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 2 Flex (RB, WR or TE), 1 TE, 1 K and 1 D.Thanks,
And i cannot submit a lineup currently without a K. Is this going to be changed in the saftware or are we going to have to emial our starters or is it not going to be allowed?
Response?I would really like to be able to set that lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread