What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Auction Values (1 Viewer)

Can anyone recommend a good source on how to set auction values for players. I am going to be using a salary cap of 90+ million and want to know how to set what each player is worth.

Can anyone recommend a good source on how to set auction values for players. I am going to be using a salary cap of 90+ million and want to know how to set what each player is worth.
Start with Footballguys VBD app (free) or download the latest if you are a $ memberThis allows you to input your rules and scoring system and will give you a rough idea of at least the value of each player based on FBGs projected stats. You can either use the tool to tweak the stats or just take the $ values it gives and tweak manually.

1 - Frankly, unless you have no life and REALLY get off on over-analysis of statistics, don't download VBD. :bulls-eye:2 - Unless you're going to be doing some really complex dynasty and/or HAFA-type setup, do not use a 90M cap. It sounds good in theory but in reality is just too "busy." Trust me, I tried to push this as commish and it was - thankfully - shot down. Just go with $100 or $200 cap (I suggest $100).

3 - Basically auction values tend to be real "top heavy," ie players near the top going really high (esp RBs - surprise) and mid-to-late players going really cheap.

4 - You could have debated these values even at the time last year, but these should give you a rough idea of player values/expected sale prices:

http://www.askthecommish.com/players/rankings/auction.asp

PS I'm not "pimping" this site per se, it's just an example...do a 'net search and you'll find more, including articles etc. In fact FBG may have some good stuff, really can't say either way. This is just one I remember from last year.

5 - You can do free mock drafts and set the cap however you want at fantasyauctioneer.com FYI. Can give you a feel for the whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread