What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Backup Daniel Thomas is under the impression he'll get the sa (1 Viewer)

I can wait for the season to just begin in Sunday so we can just end this silly back and forth bickering about thomas vs miller.

At this point guys, it just doesn't matter anyway. You either drafted miller or thomas or both. Now you have to live with your choices.

I personally have both but I only have thomas as a handcuff. I am a firm believer that miller will rise to the top...but man...the season can't come soon enough to just answer these burning questions and help stop the bickering!

I can wait for the season to just begin in Sunday so we can just end this silly back and forth bickering about thomas vs miller.

At this point guys, it just doesn't matter anyway. You either drafted miller or thomas or both. Now you have to live with your choices.

I personally have both but I only have thomas as a handcuff. I am a firm believer that miller will rise to the top...but man...the season can't come soon enough to just answer these burning questions and help stop the bickering!
There are many, many better options to have on your roster than Thomas. If Miller goes down Thomas doesn't magically become a good runner... If anything happens to Miller, I'd be looking to Gillislee for production. Pick up someone with a bit more upside, Thomas is a waste of space on a fantasy roster IMO.

My issue is do we pull Miller from our starting lineups because this might actually be a 50/50 spilt? I don't see how any sane coach or GM would do that, but man they keep saying it over and over...

My issue is do we pull Miller from our starting lineups because this might actually be a 50/50 spilt? I don't see how any sane coach or GM would do that, but man they keep saying it over and over...
I don't think it will be close to 50/50 but I don't think Miller will get the goal line work.

Run It Up said:
JustinHawkins said:
I don't think it will be close to 50/50 but I don't think Miller will get the goal line work.
Highly doubt they pull Miller at the goal line considering he had carries inside the 5 in preseason and Thomas is prone to fumbling. My guess is they will rotate Thomas in on certain series and if he is his usual mediocre self, they won't sniff the red zone often when he's in there.

Hmm

Thomas 8 carries and miller 10. Both sucked but yea this is not a good sign.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miller was given every chance to run, no holes and he was slow to the line IMO. Thomas came in like any back up does, he was never looking like the "feature" back. Miami used him near the goal line, that shouldn't be a surprise.

##### n moan all you want but unless you watched the game you are just going on stats. Miami's OL is putrid, now you want to cut Miller or say he stinks because of his environment right now, go for it. But it's not like Miami GM or coaching staff is thinking Thomas is the better option.

I always enjoy reading these threads after a bad performance (happening more frequently) from Lamar Miller. It's always followed up by one of you reminding us (really yourself) how bad Daniel Thomas is. Most of ya act like Miller is RB1 material when in reality he is nothing more than a bye week filler.

I always enjoy reading these threads after a bad performance (happening more frequently) from Lamar Miller. It's always followed up by one of you reminding us (really yourself) how bad Daniel Thomas is. Most of ya act like Miller is RB1 material when in reality he is nothing more than a bye week filler.
That's a strong possibility three. It doesn't make Thomas any more appealing.

No it doesn't, but can you tell me another situation like Miller and Thomas in FF where every time you complain about the starter you have to also qualify it with trash talk about their back-up?? It's old hat.

No it doesn't, but can you tell me another situation like Miller and Thomas in FF where every time you complain about the starter you have to also qualify it with trash talk about their back-up?? It's old hat.
Are you saying I am trashing Thomas or being a Miller apologist? I really hope not because I watched every snap of that game and I hope you did to. What are we discussing because it comes across or seems like griping all the way around. I would bet Miller will have a few big games sprinkled in this year, things will get better in Miami at some point running the ball. I'm sure they won't be held to under 25 yds rush every single week.

Players have bad games, Miami abandoned the run to win the game late. Let's see what next week brings.

This likely an avoid right now for owners so 3rd/4th round picks of Lamar Miller are gonna be pretty irritable today.

Are you saying I am trashing Thomas or being a Miller apologist? I really hope not because I watched every snap of that game and I hope you did to. What are we discussing because it comes across or seems like griping all the way around. I would bet Miller will have a few big games sprinkled in this year, things will get better in Miami at some point running the ball. I'm sure they won't be held to under 25 yds rush every single week.

Players have bad games, Miami abandoned the run to win the game late. Let's see what next week brings.

This likely an avoid right now for owners so 3rd/4th round picks of Lamar Miller are gonna be pretty irritable today.
Absolutely I watched the game as I am a Dolphin fan. All I've ever said on this topic is Daniel Thomas IS NOT as bad as everyone wants to tell you. It gripes me to no end. It's my cross to bear ....

But to your original post, last sentence - both the coach and the GM just might be thinking Thomas is the better option. Miller gave them no evidence to the contrary. He plays with no heart and doesn't seem to have any drive to him. Never has. Oh well. Shame, really.

Users who are viewing this thread