What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baltimore OL Injuries, Avoid 'Em All? (1 Viewer)

DawnBTVS

Footballguy
They just lost LG Alex Lewis for the year, now losing 3 projected starters for the year. Are you avoiding the RBs? Avoiding Flacco/WRs? When do the injuries hamper the OL enough to avoid?

This would make me think that Flacco will have no choice but to lean on his safety valves more often, I mean it's not like he didn't last year with Pitta who lead the team with 122 targets.

Also, they got rid of Juszczyak. This dude was a FB who saw 50-60 targets over the past two years. 

I already liked Woodhead and Maclin but I suppose they see a slight bump. I was kind of high on West but overall my expectations were already tempered given the team's affinity to throw. I was never going to touch Wallace/Perriman regardless.

Baltimore local and lifelong Ravens fan here.

Our offensive line was already going to be a dumpster fire this year before this huge wave of injuries and retirement notifications.

Our only solid starters are LT Ronnie Stanley and RG Marshall Yanda (Future HOFer)

Our LG, C and new RT Austin Howard are all huge question marks. My college offensive line coach used to make the analogy that the offensive line was like a fist....five fingers work together to combine into a single sold unit. If you're missing 3 of your 5 fingers you're not going to be able to punch very hard.

I'll start off by saying that Joe Flacco is going to be running for his life all season long. He has a huge arm and has been able to chuck deep passes throughout his career using 5 and 7 step drops which take obviously take a longer amount of time to develop. I'd expect to see a lot more quick passes and short to intermediate routes utilized through the season.

With our offensive line now being one of the worst in the NFL I think it really hurts the fantasy prospects for our deep threats Mike Wallace and Breshad Perriman.

Maclin might have some fantasy value working out of the slot but I'm not going to be drafting any of our WRs.

Because of the state of our offensive line I could see our starting TE(s) being used in both run and pass blocking to make up for the lack of talent on the O-line. I'd also avoid any and all of our TEs in redraft formats.

I'd only feel comfortable drafting two players on the Ravens:

1. Danny Woodhead

2. Justin Tucker

Our defense might be worth a look too, we're solid in all facets of defense this year.

It's year like this where I'm glad I play fantasy football.....it's going to be a long frustrating  year to be a fan of the purple and black.

Last edited by a moderator:
Baltimore local and lifelong Ravens fan here.

Our offensive line was already going to be a dumpster fire this year before this huge wave of injuries and retirement notifications.

Our only solid starters are LT Ronnie Stanley and RG Marshall Yanda (Future HOFer)

Our LG, C and new RT Austin Howard are all huge question marks. My college offensive line coach used to make the analogy that the offensive line was like a fist....five fingers work together to combine into a single sold unit. If you're missing 3 of your 5 fingers you're not going to be able to punch very hard.

I'll start off by saying that Joe Flacco is going to be running for his life all season long. He has a huge arm and has been able to chuck deep passes throughout his career using 5 and 7 step drops which take obviously take a longer amount of time to develop. I'd expect to see a lot more quick passes and short to intermediate routes utilized through the season.

With our offensive line now being one of the worst in the NFL I think it really hurts the fantasy prospects for our deep threats Mike Wallace and Breshad Perriman.

Maclin might have some fantasy value working out of the slot but I'm not going to be drafting any of our WRs.

Because of the state of our offensive line I could see our starting TE(s) being used in both run and pass blocking to make up for the lack of talent on the O-line. I'd also avoid any and all of our TEs in redraft formats.

I'd only feel comfortable drafting two players on the Ravens:

1. Danny Woodhead

2. Justin Tucker

Our defense might be worth a look too, we're solid in all facets of defense this year.

It's year like this where I'm glad I play fantasy football.....it's going to be a long frustrating  year to be a fan of the purple and black.
As a ravens homer, I didn't feel good drafting any ravens fantasy players outside of Tucker before the injuries. I actually feel good about the team because the defense should be so good, but this is not going to be fun season to watch.

DawnBTVS said:
They just lost LG Alex Lewis for the year, now losing 3 projected starters for the year. Are you avoiding the RBs? Avoiding Flacco/WRs? When do the injuries hamper the OL enough to avoid?
The 1998 Super Bowl Falcons lost 3 starting o- linemen for the following season and Jamal Anderson blew a tire changing running styles (went 5- 11) and the team wasn't the same for years

They also lost their best blocking TE (Gillmore) who tore his knee up and was cut.  Too many injuries.  

Yeah, every team has some players that can/will contribute to fantasy team but I have been downgrading Ravens.

Users who are viewing this thread