What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Beanie Wells - Shin Injury (1 Viewer)

SammyJankis

Footballguy
Just am FYI. Got up gimpy from a tackle. Stayed in on the next play but was limping badly and could not pass block. On sidelines where trainers are giving him a look.

Edit: They're calling it an "upper shin" injury.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just showed him sitting on the bench with a large icepack wrapped underneath his right knee.

FWIW, Hightower didn't look very good tonight with his carries -- a little tentative. Wells looked a little more explosive, but couldn't break through to the second level.

This team looks like a disaster this year.

Wells is clearly better than Hightower but he has to be on the field. Hard to feel bullish on any player on the team.

just a glancing type helmet on bone shot taking his leg out while he tried to turn the corner...bruise will occur on mid tibia but he will be able to score two TDs vs STL im sure

Being called upper shin.
Now being termed knee again per Rotoworld.
I was watching it live -- he got up slow and felt around a bit on the back/outside of his right knee. The hit he took didn't hard, more of a glancing shot, but he didn't want to put much weight on it during the next play. On the sidelines while he was trying to walk it off and pointed to the outside back of the knee while talking to a team mate. Didn't appear serious though.

This team looks like a disaster this year.Wells is clearly better than Hightower but he has to be on the field. Hard to feel bullish on any player on the team.
How's that? The team looks solid, especially on D. QB is the key question but in a weak division they have a good shot.
This is preseason, I just feel like they've lost a lot of talent from last year on offense and defense and it will show during the regular season. I hope I'm wrong.

This team looks like a disaster this year.Wells is clearly better than Hightower but he has to be on the field. Hard to feel bullish on any player on the team.
How's that? The team looks solid, especially on D. QB is the key question but in a weak division they have a good shot.
This is preseason, I just feel like they've lost a lot of talent from last year on offense and defense and it will show during the regular season. I hope I'm wrong.
I agree. It's going to be a long year. We'll be lucky to win six games.But I sure hope I'm wrong too.

Beanie Wells assured reporters Thursday night that he's "fine" after suffering a knee injury in Arizona's preseason finale.

Indications on the sideline were also that the injury isn't serious, as he never went to the locker room and was allowed to stand with his teammates. Wells only had an ice bag on the knee, and isn't believed to need an MRI. At worst, he might be limited in a practice or two next week. It would be a surprise if Wells didn't play extensively in the opener against St. Louis.

So with this news, what do you guys see as the carry split this week between Beanie and Hightower? 60/40? 50/50?

Beanie Wells assured reporters Thursday night that he's "fine" after suffering a knee injury in Arizona's preseason finale.

Indications on the sideline were also that the injury isn't serious, as he never went to the locker room and was allowed to stand with his teammates. Wells only had an ice bag on the knee, and isn't believed to need an MRI. At worst, he might be limited in a practice or two next week. It would be a surprise if Wells didn't play extensively in the opener against St. Louis.

Keep telling yourself that.Hightower is the shark move.
The shark move was to trade Hightower to Beanie's owner yesterday. And sadly it looks like the ultimate shark move would have been to avoid both of these guys, as well as most of the rest of the Cardinals offense this year.

The shark move was to trade Hightower to Beanie's owner yesterday. And sadly it looks like the ultimate shark move would have been to avoid both of these guys, as well as most of the rest of the Cardinals offense this year.
Yeah, because everyone that knows what they're doing in FF has a knee jerk reaction and overpays immediately (not just yesterday, you must mean last night, for about 30 minutes in Well's case) after their guy MIGHT have gotten bruised up.Dynasty: I picked up Hightower in the 3rd round of our FA draft (after 3 rounds of rookie drafting, and 2 rounds of FA) 2 years ago. He has been a very inexpensive bye week fill in when I've needed him.

Yeah, because everyone that knows what they're doing in FF has a knee jerk reaction and overpays immediately (not just yesterday, you must mean last night, for about 30 minutes in Well's case) after their guy MIGHT have gotten bruised up.Dynasty: I picked up Hightower in the 3rd round of our FA draft (after 3 rounds of rookie drafting, and 2 rounds of FA) 2 years ago. He has been a very inexpensive bye week fill in when I've needed him.
That's exactly the point. The shark move is to take advantage of those who DON'T know what they're doing. Granted, they're also less likely to pay attention to preseason football to the extent we do, so they probably won't even know that their guy got dinged up in the first place. I'm just saying that neither of these guys seem to have very much upside this year, with the current shape of the Cards offense. But who knows, maybe Derek Anderson will be a better QB when he has significantly better weapons.

That's exactly the point. The shark move is to take advantage of those who DON'T know what they're doing. Granted, they're also less likely to pay attention to preseason football to the extent we do, so they probably won't even know that their guy got dinged up in the first place. I'm just saying that neither of these guys seem to have very much upside this year, with the current shape of the Cards offense. But who knows, maybe Derek Anderson will be a better QB when he has significantly better weapons.
If you play in a dynasty league, and it's worth it's salt......you don't have managers that would fall for this slop is all I'm saying. I agree that if you are relying on Hightower as an every week starter (assuming Beanie is healthy) you have already lost.

from CBSsportsline

Beanie Wells, RB ARI

News: Cardinals WR Beanie Wells left Thursday's preseason finale against the Redskins after suffering a minor leg injury. After the game, Wells was diagnosed with a leg contusion. He told reporters that he should be fine going forward, however. Coach Ken Whisenhunt did not consider the injury a concern.

Analysis: Wells carried the ball just twice in the game for six yards. He also caught a pass for a 1-yard gain. The injury is not expected to be an issue going into the team's first regular season game, nearly two weeks away and this isn't anything that should deter you from drafting Wells in any Fantasy league. Continue to drafts Wells in the fourth round of all Fantasy drafts as a No. 2 Fantasy RB with his solid upside. He isn't coming off a particularly strong preseason, but is expected to carry a significant load in the team's running game going into his second year.

Users who are viewing this thread