What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bears and Steelers have no chance to make SB (1 Viewer)

FFFIEND

Footballguy
FYIThe Bears and the Steelers are the only two teams left with no cheerleaders. The Giants were already eliminated last week (no cheerleaders). The last time a team even MADE the Super Bowl without cheerleaders was Jan. 25, 1998 - The Packers. Nearly EIGHT years ago! (Britney Spears wasn't even legal!! Those pig tails could have gotten you sent to jail the last time a team made the Super Bowl without cheerleaders.)(Also, Clinton denied aligations about "sexual relations" with Monica Lewinsky about the same time as the last SB appearance by a non cheerleader team.)I don't see the trend being broke this year. In fact, I would be surprised if either of those teams made it past this weekend.It is scientific! It can't be wrong! ;) P.S. After what the Panthers' cheerleaders did this year ... I realy like their chances of making the Super Bowl.

FYI

The Bears and the Steelers are the only two teams left with no cheerleaders. The Giants were already eliminated last week (no cheerleaders). The last time a team even MADE the Super Bowl without cheerleaders was Jan. 25, 1998 - The Packers. Nearly EIGHT years ago! (Britney Spears wasn't even legal!! Those pig tails could have gotten you sent to jail the last time a team made the Super Bowl without cheerleaders.)(Also, Clinton denied aligations about "sexual relations" with Monica Lewinsky about the same time as the last SB appearance by a non cheerleader team.)

I don't see the trend being broke this year. In fact, I would be surprised if either of those teams made it past this weekend.

It is scientific! It can't be wrong! ;)

P.S. After what the Panthers' cheerleaders did this year ... I realy like their chances of making the Super Bowl.
:popcorn:

The last time a team even MADE the Super Bowl without cheerleaders was Jan. 25, 1998 - The Packers.
Not true, one of my best friends was a cheerleader for the Packers that year and was in San Diego cheerleeding for them in the Super Bowl.

If it helps the Steelers I will put on a cheerleaders outfit this Sunday and wave the pom-poms. ...Actually I've been waiting for an excuse to do this anyway.

The last time a team even MADE the Super Bowl without cheerleaders was Jan. 25, 1998 - The Packers.
Not true, one of my best friends was a cheerleader for the Packers that year and was in San Diego cheerleeding for them in the Super Bowl.
They don't have 'official' cheerleaders.

Thank you. I found this on the Packers' web site
Do the Packers have cheerleaders?

The Packers haven't had official cheerleaders since 1988, however cheerleaders from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and St. Norbert College appear at home games throughout the season. The Packers discontinued their squad of official cheerleaders in large part due to fan indifference. There are no plans to return to official cheerleaders.
This might explain why the Packers have continued to go down hill. I guess the last team to make the Super Bowl without Cheerleaders must have been the Steelers on Jan. 28, 1996. Assuming that the Giants didn't have cheerleaders for the 1990 season, the last team to win a Super Bowl without cheerleaders must have been the Giants on Jan. 27, 1991.This is an even stronger factor as to why the Bears and the Steelers will not make the Super Bowl ( much less win it.)

If it helps the Steelers I will put on a cheerleaders outfit this Sunday and wave the pom-poms.

Actually I've been waiting for an excuse to do this anyway.
Normally, I'd avert my eyes.But, if you look anything like your avatar, I'd actually pay to see that - gotta be funnier than heck.

If it helps the Steelers I will put on a cheerleaders outfit this Sunday and wave the pom-poms. 

Actually I've been waiting for an excuse to do this anyway.
Normally, I'd avert my eyes.But, if you look anything like your avatar, I'd actually pay to see that - gotta be funnier than heck.
At 46 I am looking more like my avatar every day. I am pretty sure I have nicer legs than Walt did though.

The Packers haven't had official cheerleaders since 1988, however cheerleaders from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and St. Norbert College appear at home games throughout the season. The Packers discontinued their squad of official cheerleaders in large part due to fan indifference. There are no plans to return to official cheerleaders.
This might explain why the Packers have continued to go down hill. I guess the last team to make the Super Bowl without Cheerleaders must have been the Steelers on Jan. 28, 1996. Assuming that the Giants didn't have cheerleaders for the 1990 season, the last team to win a Super Bowl without cheerleaders must have been the Giants on Jan. 27, 1991.This is an even stronger factor as to why the Bears and the Steelers will not make the Super Bowl ( much less win it.)
Correct, they're not "official" cheerleaders, but they are at every home game, including the SB, and they do wear Packer cheerleading uniforms. You could say they were the last team without official cheerleaders, but you'd have to go back further for teams with no cheerleaders at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad the TopCats don't officially travel to away games with the Panthers. If they did, they could put on a show like the cheerleaders did in that movie The Replacements.

The Bears got rid of their cheerleaders, the Honey Bears, after their Super Bowl win 20 years ago thanks to Virginia McCaskey. However, they often have cheerleaders from local high schools on the sidelines at Bears games. Yeah, much better idea :rolleyes: .

Not true, one of my best friends was a cheerleader cheesehead for the Packers that year and was in San Diego cheerleeding for them drunk off her ### eating cheetohs dipped in ranch dressing when they were in the Super Bowl.
Rectified.

The Steelers keep bucking the trend. They were the last team to make a Super Bowl without cheerleaders...and here they are again. Will they be the first team to win the Super Bowl without cheerleaders in 15 years? Maybe! I have to say that I like their chances.

Users who are viewing this thread