What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bears Conspiracy Theory (1 Viewer)

CBower4545

Footballguy
Anyone else think Aromashodu was benched not as much for missing blocks or dropped passes, but more for free lancing with Cutler. It seems like Aromashodu took them away from the timing base offense that Martz wants to run. Cutler can't help himself when Aromashodu is on the field, so instead they just remove Aromashodu. I think they listed the other reason because to come out publicly with the truth would involve calling Cutler out publicly and that would just be worse for the team right now. In my mind I could understand some sort of demotion for the reason given, but it's clear they don't want him on the field. So I get the feeling as long as Cutlers is in Aromashodu will not see the field.

Anyone with me on this?

I think there's some truth to this. Like any conspriacy theory.

Martz is one stubborn ####### about his system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there's some truth to this. Like any conspriacy theory.Martz is one stubborn ####### about his system.
How many years has it been since Martz's system did anything?
Depends on what you mean by "did anything". In terms of winning games, it hasn't done much. In terms of actually putting up passing #'s and fantasy #'s, his effect is undeniable and huge. The guy is a fantasy goldmine.

This was exactly what I thought when he got benched. They can't get Cutler to stop locking in on him, so they just remove the WR. Might also explain why they did nothing to bring in any FA wrs.

DA is an actual WR. Thats why they benched him. he's to good to play. They rather put all slot receivers out there that cant play.

DA is an actual WR. Thats why they benched him. he's to good to play. They rather put all slot receivers out there that cant play.
:rolleyes: The Bears don't have bad WRs... a little raw perhaps, but definitely NOT bad.

There are conflicting reports regarding DA, and that breeds tinfoil hat theories so this one's as good as any. I personally think it had more to do with DA mouthing off about the coaching staff but what do I know.

(Steelers fan, but Chicago resident)

CBower4545 said:
Anyone else think Aromashodu was benched not as much for missing blocks or dropped passes, but more for free lancing with Cutler. It seems like Aromashodu took them away from the timing base offense that Martz wants to run. Cutler can't help himself when Aromashodu is on the field, so instead they just remove Aromashodu. I think they listed the other reason because to come out publicly with the truth would involve calling Cutler out publicly and that would just be worse for the team right now. In my mind I could understand some sort of demotion for the reason given, but it's clear they don't want him on the field. So I get the feeling as long as Cutlers is in Aromashodu will not see the field. Anyone with me on this?
great post - too busy to know but it makes sense

This whole DA situation has really got under my skin. Yes I have DA on my FF team, but I am a huge Bears fan also. The games DA has signigicantly played, he has posted these numbers:

8/76/1

2/10/0

7/150/1

5/46/2

5/71/0

Besides Knox, who has that type of contribution on the team. Hester IS NOT a WR and continues to prove it each game. But even if you conclude Hester is better, how can anyone say with a straight face that Bennett is better. I know DA isn't a stud WR, but with what the Bears have, he isn't even good enough to get on the field? Its such crap. Bennett has better hands, better at catching everyball thrown to him short of the first down marker.

Listening to the Score drives me even more crazy. I always here from them that DA isnt the answer, you dont want him on the field..... I'd rather have Hester or Benett? Its totally crazy in my eyes. I dont care if he has 2-3 drops a game. Him and Knox are the only playmakers at WR. How he doesn't see the field anymore is just puzzling. I'm all for conspiracy theories on this topic, but it makes no sense at all....

Again, Im not claiming DA is the next Austin Miles, but someone make a point that Hester or Bennett is better for the team......NUTS!!!!

Hoss_Cartwright said:
identikit said:
I think there's some truth to this. Like any conspriacy theory.Martz is one stubborn ####### about his system.
How many years has it been since Martz's system did anything?
Arguably, it always boosts the offensive output, although it seems to create more turnovers.Points are totals and everything else is NFL rankDetroit - 2005 was the year before Martz:
Code:
Year	Points	Off Rank	Off Yards	Take/Give2005	  254		28		  27		   142006	  305		21		  22		   292007	  346		16		  19		   17
San Fran - 2007 was the year before Martz:
Code:
Year	Points	Off Rank	Off Yards	Take/Give2007	  219		32		  32		   302008	  339		22		  23		   31
Points scored, offensive rank and offensive yards all improved during every year Martz was the OC in both cities. The takeaway/giveaway rank basically stayed the same, save the first year in Detroit when it bottomed out.

CBower4545 said:
Anyone else think Aromashodu was benched not as much for missing blocks or dropped passes, but more for free lancing with Cutler. It seems like Aromashodu took them away from the timing base offense that Martz wants to run. Cutler can't help himself when Aromashodu is on the field, so instead they just remove Aromashodu. I think they listed the other reason because to come out publicly with the truth would involve calling Cutler out publicly and that would just be worse for the team right now. In my mind I could understand some sort of demotion for the reason given, but it's clear they don't want him on the field. So I get the feeling as long as Cutlers is in Aromashodu will not see the field. Anyone with me on this?
I'll say this: the offense as a whole seems less "effective" than it was before Aromadoshu got benched.

DA and Knox should be the starters and it's hurting them that DA isn't involved. Hester should be a situational player not a featured starter.

Just cut the guy and get on with your lives. Eliminate the obvious stress factor. DA has great streaks of play but can't maintain it. Three teams that have owned this prize (or is it 4?) have all have reached the same conclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread