What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bears to the Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

The offense did more than it had all year to win this game, and it was against a very good defense. The Bear's D let them down. They just couldn't handle Steve Smith, not that it's anything to really be ashamed of. Not sure any team can.
Bucs did.

:goodposting: , not quite as embarassing though but D was a no show just the same.
:confused: If you guys think this was anything like the 2001 team, then your obviously :hophead: and don't know much about football.
I'm talking about this game specifically being similar to the playoff loss to Philly. Both games were at home, Bears stifling D did not come to play. They gave up over 400+ total yards, were you watching the game.

:goodposting: , not quite as embarassing though but D was a no show just the same.
:confused: If you guys think this was anything like the 2001 team, then your obviously :hophead: and don't know much about football.
I'm talking about this game specifically being similar to the playoff loss to Philly. Both games were at home, Bears stifling D did not come to play. They gave up over 400+ total yards, were you watching the game.
:shrug: :yes: :(

already looking forward to next seasons 'bears super bowl' prediction from GRID :bag:

the 84 Bears didn't get it done but the 85 Bears did....so, even though I am not a Cubs fan we will have to "wait til next year"

already looking forward to next seasons 'bears super bowl' prediction from GRID :bag:
Grid makes stupid predictions all the time. Do you really pay attention to what he posts? His posts are non-sense 99% of the time.

Ya, kind of like this pathetic passing performance by the winning team
Gee, and you only had to go back 30 years to find a game to prove your "point".... :rolleyes: Football ignorants are fans who refuse to see the obvious flaws in their team...It's gonna be a hard crash in January for you.
What the hell, might as well add the Bears fans to the Bucs fans that have me on their #### list...see Buc fans, I don't just pick on you. All I do is to try to tell the truth, even though nobody wants to see it...A nice season to build on, hopefully Grossman stays healthy and the D stays intact. If that happens, I'd put some money down on the Bears next year...

Ya, kind of like this pathetic passing performance by the winning team
Gee, and you only had to go back 30 years to find a game to prove your "point".... :rolleyes: Football ignorants are fans who refuse to see the obvious flaws in their team...It's gonna be a hard crash in January for you.
What the hell, might as well add the Bears fans to the Bucs fans that have me on their #### list...see Buc fans, I don't just pick on you. All I do is to try to tell the truth, even though nobody wants to see it...A nice season to build on, hopefully Grossman stays healthy and the D stays intact. If that happens, I'd put some money down on the Bears next year...
I can respect that. Your not on my #### list. I also respect you not coming in the game thread and trying to start trouble. :thumbup:

Reason # 5125 that I think all Chicago sports fans are bitter, blind wearing homers who have no business in a serious and impartial discussion.So your team lost, tough break.

They were GETTING 3 points at HOME . In the playoffs.

So, just because this poster was right, you tell him he doesn't know football.

Awesome. Board cred = 0

Reason # 5125 that I think all Chicago sports fans are bitter, blind wearing homers who have no business in a serious and impartial discussion.So your team lost, tough break.

Awesome. Board cred = 0
No offense Hook, but rash generalizations or stereotypes such as "... all Chicago sports fan are bitter, blind wearing homers who have no business in a serious and impartial discussion" also = 0 board credibility

I think the gameplan was suspect and that sucks, but let's be realistic here, guys. The Bears have been the doormat of the NFL for the last 4 years. This year, they stayed healthy (other than Grossman) and brought some respectability back to the Organization. Lovie and the Ron's did a great job this year in the grand scheme of things. We just fell a little short. I'm not going to stand here and listen to guys like Mike North (local radio) rant about how he would've started Kyle Orton. If you feel that was the problem, you didn't watch the game or know little about football. The Bears deserve congratulations for their run this year. Half the prognosticators felt they would be one of the worst three teams in the NFL this year and in the Reggie Bush/Matt Leinart/Vince Young sweepstakes. Let's enjoy the remaining games, plan for next year, and see if the Bears can prove to the league that they weren't a fluke this year. The offseason for the Bears begins today. Get on the phone with Briggs agent and begin working on that long term extension. That is our #1 offseason priority. Then, maybe we add one mid level free agent and begin to build via the draft. Angelo has done a magnificent job at that so far. This year's draft is very deep at TE, O-line, and LB. All positions of need for the Bears. Either way, we'd be in great position for any number of LB's (a gamebreaker to replace Hillenmeyer and give us more depth), TE's (Clark is overrated and overpaid), and OT's (need to plan for the eventual replacement of Miller at RT). And might even have a shot to add more WR depth if Santonio Holmes falls... It is a great time to be a Bears fan again. In July, you would never have imagined that at year's end, we'd be debating why we came up just short on our run for the NFC championship. Instead, we all thought we'd be debating who our new Coach and GM would be. Its all about perspective. On the whole, great season!!!

Grossman looked lost for a quarter, and then looked very solid the rest of the way, IMO. NFC North will be owned by Chicago for a couple of years if Grossman can build on this experience and (finally) stay healthy for a complete season. The development of Berrian/Gage to close the season gives a nice complement to Muhammad, and Benson, Peterson waiting in the wings behind Jones is awesome depth at RB.The offense may make a quantum leap next year - which would make this team really scary if they can keep the key D players in the fold (I haven't checked on the contract status of the 11 D starters - Grid, do you know on that?). A great season for the Bears, despite it's bitter end. The future looks bright, though, IMHO. My .02.

Awesome. Board cred = 0
Hey Hook. I don't really care what you think my board cred is equal to. As it's a messageboard, you can't always tell exactly what a person means by what they type. He was talking about the comparison of the games but it sounded like a comparison of the two teams to me. I misunderstood what was being said and agreed with him after he explained it further. :shrug:

I dunno...

Back to back winning seasons for the first time since the mid-80s is pretty solid in my book.

Jerry Angelo has the Bears on the right path, and MAYBE they have a good quarterback finally. If not, they've got Griese.

One of the final 8 teams and still in the running for the Super Bowl.

That can't be said for about 24 other envious NFL franchises and fan bases.

Ill take all this crap today. Bears worst team left in the playoffs, have no shot. Ill gladly take all of this today

And we will all meet here Sunday at 4ish to discuss what happened

The first team to score a TD on American soil will march all the way to the Super Bowl.

BEARS!

Etch it in stone...

Knock it down!
I was correct over a year ago with this prediction.This year the Bears won't only make it to the Super Bowl, they'll win the damned thing in Glendale, Arizona.

Bring your best AFC - we'll shut 'em down on a neutral field.

Do I hear any Chargers fans?

The first team to score a TD on American soil will march all the way to the Super Bowl.

BEARS!

Etch it in stone...

Knock it down!
I was correct over a year ago with this prediction.This year the Bears won't only make it to the Super Bowl, they'll win the damned thing in Glendale, Arizona.

Bring your best AFC - we'll shut 'em down on a neutral field.

Do I hear any Chargers fans?
:jawdrop:

Users who are viewing this thread