What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Beason to the Giants? (1 Viewer)

MindCrime

Footballguy
@JayGlazer: Panthers source says they are working a trade that would send pro bowl LB Jon Beason to the Giants, who sorely need defensive help

@JayGlazer: Beason is now expected to take physical w giants in AM and if he passes trade will be complete

Who rides the pine? Herzlich, Paysinger, Beason? Or will we see even more situational rotation?

Wow Giants must be really need LB help. Can you say totally messed up. I like Paysinger the most out of the 3 but I wouldn't count on any putting up consistent numbers.

I found it interesting in my research that Beason had 6 & 5 tackles in weeks 1&2 this yr. And that was on 31-32% of the Def snaps each week. Which means in limited snaps he is around the ball a lot. That is pretty good with him coming off injury. I dont think the Giants or IDP Owners expect Beason to be what he was 2 to 3 yrs ago. But he is an upgrade over Herzlich. There is some appeal here.

Last edited by a moderator:
he appeared to be moving well...

on one play where he was blocked by guard long, he made a nice spin move to disengage and make the open field tackle...

guess he is just a better MLB than WLB, and he wasn't going to get the chance to show that again as long as he was in CAR.

He doesn't look the same as he did when he was in Carolina (and likely will never be), but Antonio Pierce was a viable FF starter at MLB in that defense for years past his skills had diminished.

Checked the snap counts from Monday night per Football Outsiders, and Beason paced the LB group in snaps on the defensive side of the ball. Paysinger had more overall snaps, but a lot came on special teams.

I think you've gotta give him a look now. To his credit, Beason says he's feeling healthier than he has in a very long time. Even if he's only 80-85% of the player he was in Carolina pre-injury, that's a stud LB. That system is also extremely tackle friendly to the MIKE position.

At this point, I think you have to consider him borderline elite, especially with a matchup coming with the run-heavy Eagles.

Checked the snap counts from Monday night per Football Outsiders, and Beason paced the LB group in snaps on the defensive side of the ball. Paysinger had more overall snaps, but a lot came on special teams.

I think you've gotta give him a look now. To his credit, Beason says he's feeling healthier than he has in a very long time. Even if he's only 80-85% of the player he was in Carolina pre-injury, that's a stud LB. That system is also extremely tackle friendly to the MIKE position.

At this point, I think you have to consider him borderline elite, especially with a matchup coming with the run-heavy Eagles.
In those garbage time minutes of the game on MNF when Freeman actually hit a few passes Beason was everywhere flying to the ball. I'm in agreement that if he stays healthy he is elite the rest of the way.

Sheer luck for me. I was down to Zach Brown, having already lost Weatherspoon and Mayo this year. Now if only Arthur Brown and Sio Moore can get on track...

Beason looked as close to his pre-injury days as I have seen him so far, and that DL, though not playing as well as it once was, still frees up the MLB in that defense to make all sorts of plays on the football.

Users who are viewing this thread