What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Beat The Book - Part 2 (1 Viewer)

OK fellas, 1st off, hats off to TDOSS for his perfect 4-0 ATS last weekend. Give it up! :thumbup: I'm going to add the over under for the game as well as sometimes this is a better play if you can't make up your mind on a game and you absolutely need action.Alright, here we go. Pittsburgh vs DENVER -3 Over/under 41 Call this letdown week...Both teams are coming off impressive wins and are riding high, this game looks to be a real dogfight in the making. The Steelers played a outstanding game against the Peyton Manning led Colts. They lead from beginning to end and the final score was not as close as you would think. Several puzzling calls went the Colts way and allowed them to get back into the game. It was almost as if the official were trying influence the outcome. I look for a bit of a letdown this week as the Steelers may have played their best game of the season against the Colts. The Broncos went out and slayed the Dragon in the form of the 2 time defending champs. Jake Plummer played another solid game and the Broncos were able to break the game open on Pats miscues. Even without the turnovers I think the Broncos would have pulled off a win. I think we see a solid somewhat low scoring game for both teams and that brings me to my pick.under 41.Final score 20-17 Denver (push)CAROLINA +4 at SeattleOver/under 43.5 Let me state here that I watched all 4 games last week. Of all the games Seattle appeared to have the easiest matchup. They barely covered the spread against a offensively challenged Redskins squad. At the same time, they moved the ball pretty well, especially through the air. Matt Hasselbeck had a great game and looks to be very sharp right now. I just feel like they are not as battle tested as Carolina is. Carolina knows how to get to the Super Bowl and Seattle was celebrating its 1st playoff win last week. I see Carolina coming in and imposing their will on the Seahawks late. Both teams know how to put the ball in the end zone.27-24 CarolinaOver 43.5Thanks,The Real Goodfellas

Denver -3

- at home

- better rested

- Pitt coming off of emotional win

- Plummer > Roethlisberger

Seattle -4

- Beat Skins despite 3 turnovers

- Hasselbeck = best QB remaining in playoffs

- Seattle home record

- Carolina D = overrated

- Carolina lacks rushing threat with Foster out

- Carolina O = one man show, Hawks will focus on containing SS

I did very well this year against the spread(97th percentile on ESPN), but went 2/4 last week. Ended up on the positive side for the weekend though as I hammered the second half line in the Hawks/Skins game...talk about easy money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Denver -3

- at home

- better rested

- Pitt coming off of emotional win

- Plummer > Roethlisberger

Seattle -4

- Beat Skins despite 3 turnovers

- Hasselbeck = best QB remaining in playoffs

- Seattle home record

- Carolina D = overrated

- Carolina lacks rushing threat with Foster out

- Carolina O = one man show, Hawks will focus on containing SS

I did very well this year against the spread(97% on ESPN), but went 2/4 last week. Ended up on the positive side for the weekend though as I hammered the second half line in the Hawks/Skins game...talk about easy money.
Agree with both. :goodposting:

PittsburghRoethlisberger > PlummerPittsburgh D shuts down Denver24-14 type of scoreSeattleSeattle D finds a way to hold SS to 1 TDSeattle O continues to click31-10 type of score

Users who are viewing this thread