What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Belichick Quotes on "Running up the Score" (1 Viewer)

Eventually he's going to piss the wrong dude off and Brady's going to start getting hit 5 seconds after he throws the ball.
If any player is foolish enough to do this, which is unquestionably unsportsmanlike, I have no doubt they would face a minimum of the rest of the season suspension, and maybe even a year. It would be construed as nothing more than a deliberate attempt to take him out of the game, perhaps forever. No player would do such a thing, and no coach would advocate it. This isn't the cheap shot stepping on a hand, or even kicking a bit when walking by.
Certainly not condoning this but I don't think I've ever heard of a player being suspended for the season for taking a cheap shot on a QB. Why would going after Brady be punished more severely than any other QB?

I think a lot of guys on this board would like to see the NFL come up with a mercy rule like they do in kiddie football and baseball.
Actually, before these guys, that's pretty much how the league worked. When you clobbered a team to the point that the game was clearly over, you generally put in the scrubs and run it up the middle. The other team generally lets you get first downs and both teams get off the field and go home. It was called "class", and had the side-effect of reducing meaningless fights and injuries. This would be different than, say, throwing a pass on 4th and 2.
Again, haven't the opposing teams starters been in every game the Pats are accused of running the score up in? this is a professional sport. You don't teach quit. You win, and lose, playing hard. That's true sportsmanship, not asking the other team to not score and let you get first downs. That's soccer mom football.

This is the Big Boy league. If you don't want them to score, then stop them from scoring.
While I agree with this I also think that once you are up by 40+ in the 4th quarter it doesn't hurt to show a little class and run the clock out.
Why didn't Gibbs pull Campbell, Portis, Sellers, Cooley, etc... and start running dive plays to drain the clock themselves then?
Because there is a big difference between being getting shutout and being up by 40+ points.Look, I don't care if BB runs up the score to 100 pts. Like he said it is the other team's job to stop them and I wouldn't like my team whining about it. That said, the classy thing to do is to run the clock out when you're up by 40+ late in the 4th quarter.
Then why does anyone have a problem with what the Pats did?Mid 4th Quarter with their 2nd String QB New England Patriots at 08:301-10-WAS 45 (8:30) NE 16-Cassel now at QB 38-K.Eckel left tackle to WAS 44 for 1 yard (57-R.Godfrey, 94-A.Montgomery).2-9-WAS 44 (7:55) (Shotgun) 16-M.Cassel pass short left to 10-J.Gaffney to WAS 37 for 7 yards (29-L.Torrence).3-2-WAS 37 (7:20) 16-M.Cassel pass incomplete short right to 18-D.Stallworth [79-L.Alexander].4-2-WAS 37 (7:16) (Shotgun) 16-M.Cassel pass short left to 10-J.Gaffney to WAS 16 for 21 yards (29-L.Torrence). NE team record 33rd 1st down of game1-10-WAS 16 (6:38) 38-K.Eckel right guard to WAS 15 for 1 yard (94-A.Montgomery, 79-L.Alexander).2-9-WAS 15 (6:01) 16-M.Cassel scrambles right end for 15 yards, TOUCHDOWN. NE 16-Cassel 1st NFL TD3-S.Gostkowski extra point is GOOD, Center-66-L.Paxton, Holder-6-C.Hanson.WAS 0 NE 52 Plays: 6 Possession: 2:37Late 4th with 3rd String QB New England Patriots at 03:00(Onside Kick formation) 6-S.Suisham kicks onside 14 yards from WAS 30 to WAS 44. 50-M.Vrabel to WAS 41 for 3 yards (21-S.Taylor, 37-R.Doughty).1-10-WAS 41 (2:56) NE 7-Gutierrez now at QB 38-K.Eckel left end to WAS 40 for 1 yard (79-L.Alexander, 95-C.Wilson).2-9-WAS 40 (2:15) 38-K.Eckel right tackle to WAS 41 for -1 yards (92-D.Evans, 54-H.Blades).Two-Minute Warning3-10-WAS 41 (2:00) 7-M.Gutierrez right end to 50 for -9 yards (92-D.Evans).4-19- (1:16) 6-C.Hanson punts 47 yards to WAS 3, Center-66-L.Paxton, downed by NE-23-W.Andrews.End of the 4th Quarter New England Patriots at 00:221-10-WAS 35 :-)22) 7-M.Gutierrez kneels to WAS 36 for -1 yards.END GAME

the Pats and Colts, both undefeated, will be going at it next Sunday in the game of the year. BB was doing nothing more than generating momentum going into it. want proof? take a look at the Colts/Panthers score.
I don't understand your point. Please explain.
I watched that game. It actually looked as if the Panthers might win in the first half until vinny turned the ball over on the 2. The Carolina defense actually kept Indy shut down quite well...for the first 2 quarters at least. Point is, the Colts weren't "running up the score" in the second half as much as just getting back in the game.

Eventually he's going to piss the wrong dude off and Brady's going to start getting hit 5 seconds after he throws the ball.
If any player is foolish enough to do this, which is unquestionably unsportsmanlike, I have no doubt they would face a minimum of the rest of the season suspension, and maybe even a year. It would be construed as nothing more than a deliberate attempt to take him out of the game, perhaps forever. No player would do such a thing, and no coach would advocate it. This isn't the cheap shot stepping on a hand, or even kicking a bit when walking by.
What difference would it make to a team if a 3rd string player is the culprit?

Ok, here are the good reasons for this:- The rules encourage it. Tie breakers are determined by points.- If this team pulls its starters when the game gets out of hand, they end up playing about half the snaps the Colts are playing every week. Whipping the Redskins at home and playing the Colts in Indy is two different animals, even this offense benefits from executing its playbook.- Could Brady get hurt in a blowout? Yes. Could Brady get hurt the first snap of the Colts game because somebody misses a blitz pickup they might have seen had they played more snaps earlier in the season? Yes.- Would a lot of teams not do this? Yes. Are a lot of teams mediocre? Yes. This team has a philosophy and a killer instinct that is one of the reasons they are extremely good. They arent going to get out of that mindset to keep opposing fans from crying themselves to sleep in shame. -These are professionals, not grade schoolers. If you dont want to be embarrassed go out there and stop somebody.
Yes, Brady can get hurt at anytime but it a matter of minimizing risk. As the number of snaps increase so does the possibility of being injured.

The Patriots will get theirs in the future when they aren't so dominant. I vaguely remember a game back in the late 80s or early 90s. Sam Wyche was the coach for Cinci. I don't rememember which side of it they were on (I think Cinci was winning), but one team was winning big and went for an onside kick. They were called out for it, but I think it was Wyche saying that it was payback for being humiliated in some game prior.

This is the NFL. These are professional atheletes. This isn't college where one team has 85 scholarships and a big name to help them recruit playing against a team with 70 scholarships in the middle of nowhere. This is the pros. Good for the Pats for scoring all these points. However, in some year down the line when Brady's been lost for the season, the defense implodes, or whatever, and they aren't the same team, and teams line up weekly to give them a pounding, there better not be any complaining about it. What comes around, goes around.

If any player is foolish enough to do this, which is unquestionably unsportsmanlike, I have no doubt they would face a minimum of the rest of the season suspension, and maybe even a year.
:whistle: :lmao: :bye: Yeah, and how many games did that Patriot defender get for his cheap shot on Losman in Week 2? :lmao: :lmao:
:bye: Or the cheap shot against Steinbach. Or the cheap shot against Witten.Karma is going to get the Patriots eventually this season. I just hope that it's actually on a clean hit and Patriot fans can't even complain about it.

Though I do agree that if you can't stop them from scoring, you just need to pipe down and take it like a man. (How can they let Vrabel get wide open like that in that goalline package when they SHOULD know how he is used!)

However, when you are up by that much, why not put in your backups? Sure, they put in their backup QB and RB's late in the 4th quarter and you can't blame those guys for wanting to score. But I think he should of had the backups in sooner.

I can't help but to root against the Pats now.

my fav quote so far is from Andy Behrens after Brady's 5th TD. "They (Patriots) elected not to go for the two-point conversation, which was classy. Still, their BCS ranking appears safe"

I think I read a quote from him in the past where he said, "We'll stop trying to score as soon as they stop trying to score. When their offense starts taking knees then we'll do the same."
that's just it right there. If the other team is trying to score, as they obviously were, why is it only one teams obligation to lay down? To me, there's no difference than quitting executing your offense and simply laying the ball on the ground and walking away. Both are quitting. You don't teach quitting.
Because it is a good way to get players hurt.You run the ball...you run the clock down and get the game over with.You don't drop back your QB for deep passes...and you don't go for it on 4th down.How many Pats fans will defend BB when Brady blows out a knee while tossing a deep ball up 30+ in the 4th quarter?
"Because its a good way to get players hurt".....Then why don't you critisize the team that is losing for still trying to score when the game is over? Are their players not just as likely to get hurt? Since the game is now over for all intents and purposes, why don't they just run the clock out. What if Jason Campbell suffered a career ending injury when down 52-7?!!!!!

I just don't understand the vitriol about the Pats running up the score. Everyone is paid an enormous amount of money in this league to field competitive teams. They all have the same salary cap and contractual rules to play by. They all have the right to call plays and live with the consequences. Why shouldn't the Pats continue to play this way if no one can stop them? Why shouldn't they want to smash NFL records on their way to a Super Bowl run? Why is it wrong that Belichick wants to see Brady break the single season passing marks?

Love or hate Belichick, he is absolutely right in what he says. When an opponent comes over and says, "OK Bill, you got us this time, let's call it a game" then Bill can tell the Pats to start taking a knee.

For a sport that's as popular as it is because of the perceived toughness of those involved, I'm shocked at how many whiny fans have a problem with what the Pats are doing. I just don't get it :lmao:

Anyone still want to disagree that sooner or later someone is going to try and waste Brady with the big blitz?
I have no clue what you mean(of course teams will blitz him), but I'd be willing to wager you that Brady plays all 16 games(unless they rest him late in the season, but it won't be because of injury).

Anyone still want to disagree that sooner or later someone is going to try and waste Brady with the big blitz?
I have no clue what you mean(of course teams will blitz him), but I'd be willing to wager you that Brady plays all 16 games(unless they rest him late in the season, but it won't be because of injury).
Most blitzes are designed with some attempt at masking coverages in mind. Once a team is down by 45 points, there is no need to try and cover anyone, at that point an agressive D coordinator will just say, bring it, and blitz 8 as opposed to the normal 6. Yes Brady might complete the pass but he is going to drilled after throwing it. When teams are no longer trying to prevent you from scoring, and their only goal is to "make the qb pay for throwing" things can get ugly quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gurantee if they keep running the score up, someone major will get majorly injured on the pats. IE Brady, Moss, Welker or whatever...
:goodposting: And no one will feel sorry for Belichick or the Pats as a whole.
Disgusting :thumbdown:
I gurantee if they keep running the score up, someone major will get majorly injured on the pats. IE Brady, Moss, Welker or whatever...
:goodposting: And no one will feel sorry for Belichick or the Pats as a whole.
your screen name says it all.
Did y'all even read the post? I never said anything about a player. Anytime a player gets injured it's unfortunate and never deserved. But, if Belichick leaves Brady out there in the 4th quarter of a 40 point game and he gets hurt, are you going to feel sorry for Belichick or the Pats?

This is the Big Boy league. If you don't want them to score, then stop them from scoring.
While I agree with this I also think that once you are up by 40+ in the 4th quarter it doesn't hurt to show a little class and run the clock out.
Why didn't Gibbs pull Campbell, Portis, Sellers, Cooley, etc... and start running dive plays to drain the clock themselves then?
Because there is a big difference between being getting shutout and being up by 40+ points.Look, I don't care if BB runs up the score to 100 pts. Like he said it is the other team's job to stop them and I wouldn't like my team whining about it. That said, the classy thing to do is to run the clock out when you're up by 40+ late in the 4th quarter.
Then why does anyone have a problem with what the Pats did?Mid 4th Quarter with their 2nd String QB New England Patriots at 08:301-10-WAS 45 (8:30) NE 16-Cassel now at QB 38-K.Eckel left tackle to WAS 44 for 1 yard (57-R.Godfrey, 94-A.Montgomery).2-9-WAS 44 (7:55) (Shotgun) 16-M.Cassel pass short left to 10-J.Gaffney to WAS 37 for 7 yards (29-L.Torrence).3-2-WAS 37 (7:20) 16-M.Cassel pass incomplete short right to 18-D.Stallworth [79-L.Alexander].4-2-WAS 37 (7:16) (Shotgun) 16-M.Cassel pass short left to 10-J.Gaffney to WAS 16 for 21 yards (29-L.Torrence). NE team record 33rd 1st down of game1-10-WAS 16 (6:38) 38-K.Eckel right guard to WAS 15 for 1 yard (94-A.Montgomery, 79-L.Alexander).2-9-WAS 15 (6:01) 16-M.Cassel scrambles right end for 15 yards, TOUCHDOWN. NE 16-Cassel 1st NFL TD3-S.Gostkowski extra point is GOOD, Center-66-L.Paxton, Holder-6-C.Hanson.WAS 0 NE 52 Plays: 6 Possession: 2:37Late 4th with 3rd String QB New England Patriots at 03:00(Onside Kick formation) 6-S.Suisham kicks onside 14 yards from WAS 30 to WAS 44. 50-M.Vrabel to WAS 41 for 3 yards (21-S.Taylor, 37-R.Doughty).1-10-WAS 41 (2:56) NE 7-Gutierrez now at QB 38-K.Eckel left end to WAS 40 for 1 yard (79-L.Alexander, 95-C.Wilson).2-9-WAS 40 (2:15) 38-K.Eckel right tackle to WAS 41 for -1 yards (92-D.Evans, 54-H.Blades).Two-Minute Warning3-10-WAS 41 (2:00) 7-M.Gutierrez right end to 50 for -9 yards (92-D.Evans).4-19- (1:16) 6-C.Hanson punts 47 yards to WAS 3, Center-66-L.Paxton, downed by NE-23-W.Andrews.End of the 4th Quarter New England Patriots at 00:221-10-WAS 35 :-)22) 7-M.Gutierrez kneels to WAS 36 for -1 yards.END GAME
This is the ultimate irony. NE is supposed to lay down, and run it up the middle only. Yet Washington is going for an onsides kick. That, folks, is what we call a double standard.

If you want your opponent to quit and lay down then you should do the same too. Why does one team have the right to try and score for respect but the other team cannot keep playing hard? This isn't little league.Washington should take 2 things from this game. One, their offense stinks. Two, their defense isn't nearly as good as they think they are. Whining about anything the Pats did in the 4th quarter is nothing more than whining.

This is the ultimate irony. NE is supposed to lay down, and run it up the middle only. Yet Washington is going for an onsides kick. That, folks, is what we call a double standard.
Have you ever played a sport competitively. What Wash is doing is called having pride. Noone is going to openly accept an ### whooping.

If any player is foolish enough to do this, which is unquestionably unsportsmanlike, I have no doubt they would face a minimum of the rest of the season suspension, and maybe even a year.
:goodposting: :thumbdown: :lmao: Yeah, and how many games did that Patriot defender get for his cheap shot on Losman in Week 2? :lmao: :lmao:
:goodposting: Or the cheap shot against Steinbach. Or the cheap shot against Witten.Karma is going to get the Patriots eventually this season. I just hope that it's actually on a clean hit and Patriot fans can't even complain about it.
The problem is, even if it's a completely clean hit, if a key Patriot gets taken out, there will be people crying that this was payback for running up scores. Not "karmic" payback - I mean regardless of the type of hit, everyone, especially Pats fans, will cry out in unison that the hit that caused the injury was actual payback for BB's actions, even if it was a complete accident.And it's funny because that future reaction will prove the point that Pats defenders are trying to deny now as they sit obediently drinking from their Kool-Aid man sippy-cups.

If you want your opponent to quit and lay down then you should do the same too. Why does one team have the right to try and score for respect but the other team cannot keep playing hard? This isn't little league.Washington should take 2 things from this game. One, their offense stinks. Two, their defense isn't nearly as good as they think they are. Whining about anything the Pats did in the 4th quarter is nothing more than whining.
I am not arguing there is anything wrong with running up the score. All I am saying is that:a.) they are running up the score and anyone who is attempting to argue otherwise is wrongb.) you increase your chances of injuring your players by doing it

Nope

What difference would it make to a team if a 3rd string player is the culprit?
The irony here of advocating such a thing, in the argument against sportsmanship is just too much to even respond to. If you can't stop them, cheat, maybe end a careert. That's funny stuff. Pathetic, but funny. Shows the validity of the initial argument in a way. Don't play hard to stop them. Cheat, and try to hurt them.

Have you ever played a sport competitively. What Wash is doing is called having pride. Noone is going to openly accept an ### whooping.
If you're down by 40 pts in the 4th qtr and don't openly accept your ### whooping (which is what it was, accepted or not), and you go for an onside kick, why should the other team just hand the ball over and let you keep trying? Would it make you feel better if they did that? Would any scores you got at that point make you feel better and sleep better?

I'm not going to repeat my feelings here about running up the score. Anyone who has read these threads know that I think it is classless, and shameful to defend.

But after all, its only a game. Much, much worse is the notion that somehow the Patriots should be punished by injuring Tom Brady. It is this sort of posting that justifies the feelings of Patriot fans that it is the anti-New England crowd that is actually the more tasteless, and frankly, I have to agree.

Look, I despise the Pats (the team, not the fans) for a variety of reasons, but I want to them to lose on the field, in a fair match. I don't want to win because of injury or see their players hurt in any way. Anyone who does should take a long look at themselves and their own motivations. If you're cheering for injury, you don't deserve to be a fan of this wonderful game.

:goodposting: :goodposting: :thumbdown: Yeah, and how many games did that Patriot defender get for his cheap shot on Losman in Week 2? :lmao: :lmao:
Gee, I missed a play where Wilfork went in five seconds after the play was over and took a run. I did see a play where Losman was hit in the knee by a falling Wilfork. Should he have hit him? Tough to stop 350 lbs in motion, but he didn't have to reach out. He'll pay a reduced fine soon, after the appeal.

Certainly not condoning this but I don't think I've ever heard of a player being suspended for the season for taking a cheap shot on a QB. Why would going after Brady be punished more severely than any other QB?
If it plays out like many on this board are predicting, after the whistle, clearly a shot at taking him out of the game, not in the course of game action, I wouldn't be at all surprised with a very severe penalty being handed down. For the same crowd to be whining about the classless Patriots to be advocating a late hit to injure a player is laughable. What would you consider more classless... running up the score or intentionally injuring a opponent ( because you can't stop his team )? I know which way I lean.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Yeah, and how many games did that Patriot defender get for his cheap shot on Losman in Week 2? :lmao: :lmao:
Gee, I missed a play where Wilfork went in five seconds after the play was over and took a run. I did see a play where Losman was hit in the knee by a falling Wilfork. Should he have hit him? Tough to stop 350 lbs in motion, but he didn't have to reach out. He'll pay a reduced fine soon, after the appeal.
:hophead: :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:And no one will feel sorry for Belichick or the Pats as a whole.
Take your dress off Nancy, this is football, want them to stop scoring? Play Defense and quit whining about it.
I agree it is football. I just don't see what the Pats gain by winning by 45 instead of 31? The risks outweigh the rewards. For all the great things the Pats coaching staff are doing this year, this is one thing that could really derail them. At this point it absolutely has to be an ego thing with Belicheck. Why risk injury?

Exactly! and it will happen in a game when the Pats are up by 20+ in the fourth quarter. Then who's fault will it be Bill?Ridiculous

Yeah, and I coach, and I never considered asking anybody to take it easy. Is there really any pride in being successful stopping a team that's not trying? Do people really teach this nonsense? Again, if it's sporting for the leader to take out their players and give up the game, it's sporting for the trailer to do the same. If the trailing team is still playing hard, as they should be, game on.

If it plays out like many on this board are predicting, after the whistle, clearly a shot at taking him out of the game, not in the course of game action, I wouldn't be at all surprised with a very severe penalty being handed down. For the same crowd to be whining about the classless Patriots to be advocating a late hit to injure a player is laughable. What would you consider more classless... running up the score or intentionally injuring a opponent ( because you can't stop his team )? I know which way I lean.
I am not advocating or wishing for a cheap shot. However, this is a very violent game played by men who are not exactly in a rational mind state when they are on the field.

Exactly! and it will happen in a game when the Pats are up by 20+ in the fourth quarter. Then who's fault will it be Bill?Ridiculous
come on guys, please. Root for NE to lose; don't root for them to get hurt...What kind of people are writing this stuff??

Yeah, and I coach, and I never considered asking anybody to take it easy. Is there really any pride in being successful stopping a team that's not trying? Do people really teach this nonsense? Again, if it's sporting for the leader to take out their players and give up the game, it's sporting for the trailer to do the same. If the trailing team is still playing hard, as they should be, game on.
I am not saying whether the Pats should run up the score or not. I am merely stating the obvious. Players emotions are two ends of the spectrum here. Wash wants to get back on the field and prove something. The Pats coaching staff needs to manage risk. Once again, noone has a logical argument on the benefits of running up the score. There are none.

:rolleyes:And no one will feel sorry for Belichick or the Pats as a whole.
Take your dress off Nancy, this is football, want them to stop scoring? Play Defense and quit whining about it.
Honestly, I don't care about the running up the score part. Just take your star players out when you're up 40 damn points, you are only tempting fate keeping them in. Put the backups in and throw all day long, I don't care, but when Tom Brady gets injured dropping back to pass up 38-0, Belichick is going to have a lot of explaining to do.

come on guys, please. Root for NE to lose; don't root for them to get hurt...What kind of people are writing this stuff??
I don't think anyone is advocating it. I think we are all just pointing out that the possibililties exist. There are more than a few players who subscribe to the same pharmacy as Merriman. That stuff makes you a little violent and angry out on the field.

The idea that it is OK to run up the score because this is "professional" football and not Pop Warner is ludicrous. If anything being a professional commands the responsibility to act in a professional manner, i.e., earning the respect of others. This team has earned respect for their talent no question - it's their behavior that is undeserving of respect, unprofessional and unsportsmanlike. Heck, why even go out and shake hands after the game? It's like making fun of someone for a few hours and then saying "no hard feelings?" Forget the undefeated season, I would be more shocked to see them go uninjured before the superbowl. Don't underestimate the bitter aggression of a guy on the brink of facing a long offseason...

I don't think we have anything to compare it to. A deliberate shot on ANY player, five seconds after the whistle? The closest thing we have to compare it to is the hockey swinging incident. Nothing there but a deliberate intent to injure. I'd have to believe the punishment would be just as severe. I could be wrong, and I hope we never have to see this answered for a hit on any player. I guess another incident was a Rugby case where one player, after the play, walked up and licked another in the face.

I think I read a quote from him in the past where he said, "We'll stop trying to score as soon as they stop trying to score. When their offense starts taking knees then we'll do the same."
that's just it right there. If the other team is trying to score, as they obviously were, why is it only one teams obligation to lay down? To me, there's no difference than quitting executing your offense and simply laying the ball on the ground and walking away. Both are quitting. You don't teach quitting.
Because it is a good way to get players hurt.You run the ball...you run the clock down and get the game over with.You don't drop back your QB for deep passes...and you don't go for it on 4th down.How many Pats fans will defend BB when Brady blows out a knee while tossing a deep ball up 30+ in the 4th quarter?
"Because its a good way to get players hurt".....Then why don't you critisize the team that is losing for still trying to score when the game is over? Are their players not just as likely to get hurt? Since the game is now over for all intents and purposes, why don't they just run the clock out. What if Jason Campbell suffered a career ending injury when down 52-7?!!!!!
That losing team obviously needs practice.But is this thread about the Skins...or the Pats?BTW...Holmgren and Seattle were stupid not long ago for keeping Hass in there and throwing the ball when up late...especially since he was already dinged a bit in that game.

There are two separate arguments here:

1. Are the Patriots showing poor sportsmanship by either running up the score or leaving their players in too long? This is a legitimitate issue to discuss; you can agree or disagree with it based upon your opinion.

2. Should other teams or players retaliate by attempting to injure Tom Brady or other Patriots? This is NOT a legitimate issue; those people that are suggesting it should stop right now. Patriot fans, you don't need to argue against this line of thinking; it is benaeth you and all of us to have to do so.

;)And no one will feel sorry for Belichick or the Pats as a whole.
Honestly, I don't care about the running up the score part. Just take your star players out when you're up 40 damn points, you are only tempting fate keeping them in. Put the backups in and throw all day long, I don't care, but when Tom Brady gets injured dropping back to pass up 38-0, Belichick is going to have a lot of explaining to do.
This is a solid point I'd say; however, did you get a look at Brady when he took off his helmet after he'd thrown 300 yards scored 5 times (2 on the ground)? He hadn't even broken a sweat! How many times has Brady been sacked/hit this year anyway? Someone knows this I am sure. The point is he enjoys an amazing level of protection. Peyton Manning is a joy to watch with the audibles and all but Brady just makes these blowout games look effortless.

I am not advocating or wishing for a cheap shot. However, this is a very violent game played by men who are not exactly in a rational mind state when they are on the field.
Sometimes in their lunacy they actually even try to score points. Very unsportsmanlike behavior in a game that tallies points to see who is the victor.

I have said that for a few games now. In the heat of the battle someone is going to lay Brady out late in a game. Then lets see Cassells tryin to run the score up.

Users who are viewing this thread