What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best albums of 2017 - Playlists in post #1 (1 Viewer)

Anybody in the mood for some fun 80s pop sounding stuff - I found the  Party Nails ep  a fun listen. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Syd tha Kyd's solo album is kind of a disappointment.  She doesn't have enough variety in her voice and songwriting to carry an album without the funkiness of The Internet behind her.

Moon Duo's new one is less guitar dominated than their previous records (or RIpley Johnson's work with Wooden Shjips) but it's still pretty cool head trip music.  RIYL that King Gizzard record that came out last year.
I listened to Moon Duo again and I want to retract the King Gizzard comp.  The Lizard Wizard is in the garage and Moon Duo in the laboratory above it.

Robert Randolph & The Family Band have a new one out today "Got Soul"
I like the Hootie song! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvENXHX6v3s

New Mastodon out Mar 31.  I like one single, the other not as much, about right.. sounds like Mastodon tho

As for heavier stuff I think the record I've liked best so far is Johnny Mountain II, not gonna change anybody's life but it's worth checking out.  Also Kung Funghi.  Swedes are good at metal.

I haven't had time to decide how I feel about Japandroids or Orwells yet

Lack of torrents have messed with my music-checking-out routine, because I used to just load up an mp3 CD and do that stuff in the car, during my 40 minute commute.  I don't like having to fart around with the phone.

I don't know if anybody else has a newer Ford with the SYNC system, but it doesn't play very nice with Spotify.  Two bloated pieces of dook

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the new Cloud Nothings album Life Without Sound.  It retains most of the energy of their previous releases but with more variety and hooks.

I'm not quite as sold yet on Hard Love by Strand of Oaks.  Their last record was one of my 2014 favorites but the new one takes some odd turns that don't all work for me.  Hopefully, it'll be a grower.

Long time fan of Sun Kil Moon and whatever Mark Kozalek puts an interest in, but Jeez Looeez this latest album is the biggest turd in a stretch of turds.

I really like the new Cloud Nothings album Life Without Sound.  It retains most of the energy of their previous releases but with more variety and hooks.
:thumbup:  It reminds me a bit more of Attack on Memory than the other two, but that's my favourite of theirs anyway. I think this one is a bit mellower than Here and Nowhere Else.

Not 100% on the vocals yet, but the music of Crystal Fairy will rock your balls.  Mix of people from The Melvins, At the Drive In, and La Butcherettes. 

I'm diving into the new Dirty Projectors this morning... low expectations, as my own relationship with the band is all over the place. definitely have to be in the right mood for almost all of it (although their cover of Rise Above is one of my favorite songs)

Also a new King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard out today.  Listening to it now. 
Me too.... I do not know much about them, but Nonagon Infinity was my favorite album of 2016.  They seem wierd. 

P.S. apparently they have several new albums that will be released this year :shrug:

Ok, so I do not know who Ron Gallo is, but spotify pointed me to his new Heavy Meta album that I am kinda digging right now. Not sure how I would describe it, punky garage rock maybe?  I dunno, It kinda rocks and kinda rolls.  I have a feeling it is going to stick in my rotation for a bit.

I'm diving into the new Dirty Projectors this morning... low expectations, as my own relationship with the band is all over the place. definitely have to be in the right mood for almost all of it (although their cover of Rise Above is one of my favorite songs)
Haven't listened yet but I think the loss of his girlfriend/band partner might be a plus for me.

Artists apparently don't want to sell CDs anymore, only records and tapes, so they'll have to be content with the four tix I bought

Users who are viewing this thread