What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best BBQ in Raleigh/Durham 15mins (1 Viewer)

If you are going to Durham in the early-to-mid nineties, I'd recommend Bullock's.

If you're going today, I have no idea.

Not to hi-jack, but I figure guys who know BBQ in the area will know other things too... :whistle:

Is Raleigh/Durham a good location for a guys trip? My buddies and I get together every May in a different city to party (i.e. drinking, nightlife, ogling women, dancing, etc.). Would the area support 3 nights of general non-drug-related debauchery? Oh yeah, and BBQ. :thumbup:

soothsayer said:
Is Raleigh/Durham a good location for a guys trip? My buddies and I get together every May in a different city to party (i.e. drinking, nightlife, ogling women, dancing, etc.). Would the area support 3 nights of general non-drug-related debauchery? Oh yeah, and BBQ. :thumbup:
Chapel Hill > Raleigh >>> Durham, IMO (based on mid-nineties experience). Chapel Hill is a genuine college town with lots of drinking/nightlife/women/dancing. Raleigh can be fun as well. Durham is very tame and boring by comparison. They're all within a quick drive of each other. (About 45-55 minutes from Chapel Hill to Raleigh, with Durham in between.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Chapel Hill > Raleigh >>> Durham, IMO (based on mid-nineties experience). Chapel Hill is a genuine college town with lots of drinking/nightlife/women/dancing. Raleigh can be fun as well. Durham is very tame and boring by comparison. They're all within a quick drive of each other. (About 45-55 minutes from Chapel Hill to Raleigh, with Durham in between.)
Charlotte >>> all those for a guys trip. IMO.  Sports, food, beer, nightlife, all better.

FWIW I lived in Raleigh for about 10 years.  Been in Charlotte for 8.  Both are a lot different than they were 10 years ago.

The Pit was fun with Sofa but the food quality has dropped off the last few years.   Not that it is bad but no way as good as it was before Ed left.  :kicksrock:

My dentist prescribed me metronidazole, apparently it is very bad to use alcohol while on this.   Guess I shouldn't have had those beers with Sofa.  :unsure:

Do not drink alcohol while you are taking metronidazole and for at least 3 days after you stop taking it. You may have unpleasant side effects such as fast heartbeats, warmth or redness under your skin, tingly feeling, nausea, and vomiting.

thanks for the invite and do you have a yeast infection?
My bad, we pmed each other our numbers.   I texted him asking if he was serious and he gave me the wrong number and he never responded.  He then he texted me he was 8 minutes out and I left work to meet him.  I owe you lunch.   :wall:

It's mush and has vinegar.  There is no good answer here.  I was referred to the best BBQ joint in Raleigh.  We left and went to an Italian restaurant.  True story.  

Users who are viewing this thread