What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best concert closing song (1 Viewer)

Evilgrin 72

Distributor of Pain
What's the best song any artist uses as his/her/their standard show closer? If a band uses more than one, any common or the most common one should be used (i.e. Pearl Jam and "Yellow Ledbetter.")

In my opinion, it's really absolutely no contest. I'm not going to give that opinion yet because I will be awarding 5 Fonzie Cool Points to whomever is the first to post it as their own choice.

Discuss.

I attended one of the Boston stops on this tour, and it doesn't even come close to what they used to do with '40', which I saw on the Joshua Tree tour. Everyone filing out of the building, singing together, 15 minutes after the concert was over? Amazing.

I've been to hundreds of shows, and I don't recall bands using one song as their standard closing song - maybe on a particular tour, but not over time.

I'll vote "Not Fade Away" GD

What's the best song any artist uses as his/her/their standard show closer? If a band uses more than one, any common or the most common one should be used (i.e. Pearl Jam and "Yellow Ledbetter.")In my opinion, it's really absolutely no contest. I'm not going to give that opinion yet because I will be awarding 5 Fonzie Cool Points to whomever is the first to post it as their own choice.Discuss.
I'm going to go way far out onto a limb and say you don't think it's Ledbetter.

Ledbetter is a phenomenal concert closer

-It's a slower paced song, which I think is the key to concert closers...after 2 plus hours and a band closes with something just absolutely rocking it always feels like there should be another song after it

-It closes with a kick ### (but melodic and slow) guitar solo that allows McCready to just go off and improvise and the entire crowd can focus on that

-Pretty much the entire crowd knows the song and is singing along

-It's a slower paced song, which I think is the key to concert closers...after 2 plus hours and a band closes with something just absolutely rocking it always feels like there should be another song after it

-It closes with a kick ### (but melodic and slow) guitar solo that allows McCready to just go off and improvise and the entire crowd can focus on that

To be fair, my 5 year-old can say anything while Ledbetter's playing and it sounds like she knows the song and is singing along. The same can often be said for Eddie.

:thumbup: This one is great because while the song is really good, the way the song ends fits to ending a show, each of the band members is able to stop playing and walk off the stage, leaving the drummer and he just can keep playing while the crowd sings the chorus over and over.

They used it to end several of the large Amnesty International shows that they did in the 80s, I'm sure not only due to the topic of the song.

He is touring now, if you can go do it...few better.

Last edited by a moderator:

To be fair, my 5 year-old can say anything while Ledbetter's playing and it sounds like she knows the song and is singing along. The same can often be said for Eddie.
Ledbetter... to a degree....yes. Eddie in general? Might wanna buy some QTips.

Adam Sandler
;)

Same for me here in Chicago....AMAZING!!!Wife and I don't miss Petty anytime he plays here. Each and every show she gets worked up because they haven't played American Girl yet.

I've got to remind her that he always finishes with it

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Sandler

Not really a hint, but just a comment - there have been songs listed here that I like better in general than the closer I'm thinking of, but as a concert closer, there is none better than this.......

Also, a bonus 2 Cool Points to anyone who can tell me where "Cool Points" comes from. You already have a massive hint as to the answer of that one....

Users who are viewing this thread