What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best concert closing song (1 Viewer)

You have until 3 PM ET and then the cool points go out the window as I give you all the correct answer.
this better be good EG or we'll mock you worse than HUCKSy after a P10/12 conference of douchery rant
1. It's a great song by an all-time great band.2. It can't be placed anywhere in the set but at the end, ever. Under any circumstances. Maybe the only song about which you can say this so definitively.3. Theatrically, musically, and in terms of energy, it ends a show better than any song ever.
metallica seek and destroy?i do not really recall their LAST songone maybe?

'Evilgrin 72 said:
Also, a bonus 2 Cool Points to anyone who can tell me where "Cool Points" comes from. You already have a massive hint as to the answer of that one....
The Fonz? :shrug:

You have until 3 PM ET and then the cool points go out the window as I give you all the correct answer.
this better be good EG or we'll mock you worse than HUCKSy after a P10/12 conference of douchery rant
1. It's a great song by an all-time great band.2. It can't be placed anywhere in the set but at the end, ever. Under any circumstances. Maybe the only song about which you can say this so definitively.3. Theatrically, musically, and in terms of energy, it ends a show better than any song ever.
Agreed. Tweeprise is the answer. :thumbup:
I guarantee you that "Tweeprise," whatever that is, while it may be a great song and you may love it, is nowhere near the all-time great closer this song is. This tune is Rivera, Eckersley, and Lee Smith all rolled into one.

1. It's a great song by an all-time great band.2. It can't be placed anywhere in the set but at the end, ever. Under any circumstances. Maybe the only song about which you can say this so definitively.

3. Theatrically, musically, and in terms of energy, it ends a show better than any song ever.

1. It's a great song by an all-time great band.2. It can't be placed anywhere in the set but at the end, ever. Under any circumstances. Maybe the only song about which you can say this so definitively.

3. Theatrically, musically, and in terms of energy, it ends a show better than any song ever.

AC/DC - For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)?
BOOM goes the dynamite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Notorious T.R.E wins the 5 cool points !!
it makes no sense as a closerfor those who just finished rocking, we salute youdumbcool points are worse than Canadian quarters
:lmao:Please. Give me another song that simply CANNOT be placed anywhere in the set but at the end and ends a show with 21 ACTUAL cannon blasts.

it makes no sense as a closerfor those who just finished rocking, we salute youdumbcool points are worse than Canadian quarters
The AC/DC Live album has it as the closer. :shrug:
i am not saying they did not use it as a closer, just that it makes no sensenow that our concert is over, we salute you for leaving and rocking, as opposed to rocking for the last couple of hours with us, which was really no big deal.

:lmao:Please. Give me another song that simply CANNOT be placed anywhere in the set but at the end and ends a show with 21 ACTUAL cannon blasts.
1812 Overture?

Tchaikovsky's 1812 OvertureETA: DAMN YOU JEWELL!

Last edited by a moderator:
i am not saying they did not use it as a closer, just that it makes no sensenow that our concert is over, we salute you for leaving and rocking, as opposed to rocking for the last couple of hours with us, which was really no big deal.
:lmao: :lmao:You're cracking me up here, but I think you're taking it a little too literally.

you could place that at the begiingyou knowwhen people are ABOUT to rockya know, like how it was the FIRST TRACK on the album, saluting those about to rock on with the rest of the albumi am stunned by this outcomei demand the IOC flog some french judges or something

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/acdc/2010/campo-de-san-mames-bilbao-spain-33d408a5.htmlCan look at setlists there.

1812 Overture?
Classical music notwithstanding. Although that was hands-down my favorite classical piece as a kid. I guess I really like cannons in my music.

AC/DC - For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

?
it makes no sense as a closerfor those who just finished rocking, we salute you

dumb

cool points are worse than Canadian quarters
:goodposting:

for those ABOUT to rock - we salute you.

That implies they did not rock during the concert.

Pretty terrible closing song, if you think about it.

you could place that at the begiingyou knowwhen people are ABOUT to rockya know, like how it was the FIRST TRACK on the album, saluting those about to rock on with the rest of the albumi am stunned by this outcomei demand the IOC flog some french judges or something
You cannot, CANNOT put this song anywhere but the end of the set. You just can't.

You cannot, CANNOT put this song anywhere but the end of the set. You just can't.
Not as an opener? That would seem to be better for that particular song. :shrug:

Not as an opener? That would seem to be better for that particular song. :shrug:
makes sense to meworked on the album too

Guys, it's not "Operation Mindcrime" where it needs to make sense lyrically to complete a story. They're saluting the fans with cannons and the song is beyond perfect as a closer musically which is why they've closed about 1,000 shows with it and nothing else since God knows when. No other band does this so slavishly and there's a reason for that.

By the way, "Ace of Spades" is probably second and no one said that either. Don't be all bent just because you didn't get it right.

Gotta agree with bdeep here. Look, we salute you. Let's not focus on why. We anticipate you rocking for at least the next few minutes, and hope that you choose to continue to do so after leaving. Now we're going to fire a bunch of guns in your general direction. Also, sorry we haven't put out any music worth listening to since EG was blowing the lines off the notebook in his trapper keeper. We were busy spending so much money that we had to go back on tour decades later because we knew your taste for nostalgia would outweigh your concern that we can no longer bring it. And for that, we salute you.

No chance. The rest of the set would be anticlimactic. What you guys are saying is like saying Metallica shouldn't have used "Whiplash" to close about 500 shows because they say "We'll never stop, we'll never quit, 'cause we're Metallica" and then they stop and quit about 45 seconds later.

Other great concert closers on the Evil Grin scale

Let's Get It Started - Black Eyed Peas

Start Me Up - Rolling Stones

Welcome to the Jungle - GnR

Other great concert closers on the Evil Grin scaleLet's Get It Started - Black Eyed PeasStart Me Up - Rolling StonesWelcome to the Jungle - GnR
:lmao:and closing time by semiannoying could start

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread