What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

best movie ruined by the worst accent? (1 Viewer)

It's better than Nicholson in The Departed. Holy crap. That was terrible. Not sure what he was going for there.

worse than baldwin in the departed?
granted, the pronunciations are egregious but there isn't that much difference between a Boston loserperp and a LonGisland or Jersey loserperp, so the rhythms aah riight. I never had much of an accent and hired a tutor to lose what little i had cuz announcers werent allowed to have regionals and that was an option for me. these days, i only use my accent for wtf moments anymore, so the pronunciations are probably awful but the rhythm is a frikkin dime, know'm'sayin?

JFK's New Orleans scenes are indicative of how poorly New Orleans accents are represented in film. John Larroquette is a New Orleans native -- he could've just used his natural speaking voice for his Clay Bertrand character.
Wasn't Clay Bertrand/Shaw played by Tommy Lee Jones?

EDIT:  My bad, you were suggesting Larroquette for that role.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bagger Vance 
Will Smith

movie would have been amazing with Morgan freeman in that role 

Al Pacino in Scarface, the worst Cuban accent ever. "And #### the Diaz Boooorrrooootherrrrssss."
It makes the movie better. Scarface can only be fully enjoyed by acknowledging the full on camp IMO.

Probably De Niro in Taxi Driver. Nothing worse than a fake NY accent. 
Was he supposed to be a native New Yorker? His parents weren't in NY, I always took it as he had moved there after he got out of the service. I never noticed an accent, but it has been awhile since I have seen it. 

For better or worse, Heston and Clark Gable didn't even bother trying to do accents for their roles as a Mexican detective and Southern rebel. 

Gibson’s accent in Braveheart was terrible, not to mention he was way too old for the role...and I like Gibson.

Last edited by a moderator:
It didn't help, but you can't tell me that it was Jar Jar Binks' accent that ruined that movie.  If Jar Jar had been voiced by George Clooney, would that in and of itself have saved Phantom Menace?
It would have made it less piercingly annoying;  but we'll never know, will we?

Users who are viewing this thread