What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Pro RBs in the same college backfield? (1 Viewer)

cosmonaut

Footballguy
Bush & White look to me to potentially both be stud RBs in the NFL.Ronnie Brown & Cadillac Williams from last year obviously as well.Just got me thinking about what are some of the best RB tandems (based on NFL success/potential success) that were in college together.1987 Ok. State - Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders1990 Notre Dame - Ricky Watters, Jerome BettisWhat are some of the other ones?

Bush & White look to me to potentially both be stud RBs in the NFL.

Ronnie Brown & Cadillac Williams from last year obviously as well.

Just got me thinking about what are some of the best RB tandems (based on NFL success/potential success) that were in college together.

1987 Ok. State - Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders

1990 Notre Dame - Ricky Watters, Jerome Bettis

What are some of the other ones?
Ricky Williams and Priest Holmes.

Ronnie Brown & Cadillac Williams from last year obviously as well.

Just got me thinking about what are some of the best RB tandems (based on NFL success/potential success) that were in college together.

1990 Notre Dame - Ricky Watters, Jerome Bettis

What are some of the other ones?
I doubt there's anything better than Thomas/Sanders.Some may say Portis/McGahee has potential, but so did Biakabatuka/Wheatley ;)

Good find on Priest/Ricky, forgot about that.

Jamal Lewis / Henry?

Not many duos pan out well in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lewis and Henry were REALLY good at Tennessee.Holmes and Ricky.I believe James Stewart and Charlie Garner had some overlap.None are near White/Bush though.

Franco Harris, Lydell Mitchell. Penn State 1969-1971.
Nice one. Marcus Allen and Charlie White. Not as good as some, but I thought I'd toss it out there. There college numbers were ridiculous.

What about the duo of Eric Dickerson and Craig James? I believe they both graduated from SMU in the early 1980's. Im not sure what there college stats where but they both were excellant NFL RB's

Did Portis and Edge play on the same team?how about Portis, McGahee, Najeh and Gorenot sure how many carries the understudy in any of these situations got but i'm pretty sure they were on the team

I don't think that you can beat that one!
Two AWESOME HoF backs...one lit the league up and the other went to 4 Super Bowls

Not bad.

What about the duo of Eric Dickerson and Craig James? I believe they both graduated from SMU in the early 1980's. Im not sure what there college stats where but they both were excellant NFL RB's
:goodposting: They were certainly the highest paid college RB duo. ;)

Lewis and Henry were REALLY good at Tennessee.

Holmes and Ricky.

I believe James Stewart and Charlie Garner had some overlap.

None are near White/Bush though.
Not only were Stewart and Garner in the same Tennessee backfield for 2 years, but Aaron Hayden (Chargers) was there at the same time.And Travis Stephens backed up Lewis and Henry for a few years. Stephens was 1st team All-American the year after Henry left, but has been a reserve in the NFL.

Not 100% sure but the Auburn Tigers in the late 70s had Joe Cribbs, James Brooks and Lionel James. Bo Jackson came shortly after.

Dorsey Levens, Ricky Watters, Jerome Bettis, Rodney Culver, Reggie Brooks, and Anthony Johnson were all at Notre Dame at the same time, and all of them played in the NFL to some extent.

Users who are viewing this thread