What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best RB waiver wire pick up (1 Viewer)

jadams209

Footballguy
Mike James- Doug Martin might not be out all year, might lose a few carries to Leonard. Schiano likes a workhorse.

Chris Ivory- what happened to Bilal Powell? Does workload equal stats?

Try Andre Brown instead if you just need a depth pick up. He started practicing and will probably be a rb 2 a month from now

Helu is averaging 13 touches and 15 points per game over the last 3 games in NON PPR - obviously more in PPR leagues.

Thoughts on him?

Helu is averaging 13 touches and 15 points per game over the last 3 games in NON PPR - obviously more in PPR leagues.

Thoughts on him?
Looking like a strong RB3 in PPR leagues. Value obviously soars if anything happens to Morris. But even if Morris stays healthy Helu is turning this into a committee approach. Their snap count was almost a 50-50 split last Sunday and given how the game could unfold against Denver I wouldn't be surprised to see Helu get more snaps this week. I like Morris a lot but there's no ignoring that Helu's role is growing and he's producing so there's every reason for Shanahan to keep going with the current approach.

Thoughts on him?
Looking like a strong RB3 in PPR leagues. Value obviously soars if anything happens to Morris. But even if Morris stays healthy Helu is turning this into a committee approach. Their snap count was almost a 50-50 split last Sunday and given how the game could unfold against Denver I wouldn't be surprised to see Helu get more snaps this week. I like Morris a lot but there's no ignoring that Helu's role is growing and he's producing so there's every reason for Shanahan to keep going with the current approach.
I can see him being match-up dependent (agree on DEN match-up) but I also feel as if we see a heavy dose of Helu it's a signal that WAS is straying from their preferred game plan. They haven't been able to help is thus far, being absolutely putrid of defense, but I feel like WAS would like nothing more to control and game and pound the rock with ALMO.

I don't have a dog in this race (yet, I have several claims on Helu), but I think a lot of Helu's use can be attributed to necessity (in conjunction with talent).

One thing to remember about the Redskins is their defense is horrible so they could be playing from behind a lot and/or in a lot of shootouts. I think both favor Helu as he seems to be their preferred option when they're in hurry-up mode. He's also clearly their third-down RB since Morris is a poor receiver. Again, I like Morris a lot and he's looked real good but I don't think there's any ignoring Helu at this point. I don't think his involvement is a fluke. He's also been very productive so there's every reason for Shanahan to keep going with the current approach. Right now, he has two RBs who are both playing well and an offense that may be rounding into shape. RG3 looked great against Chicago and Reed's emergence is giving them an additional threat in the passing game besides Garcon.

Helu (with the help of RG3's new emphasis on running) is turning WASH into a RBBC mess it looks like, while Mike James and Chris Ivory look like full time workhorses. I agree Andre Brown wouldn't be a bad pick up but a lot of David Wilson owners have snagged him already. Bottom Line: rest of season do you trust Ivory or James?

Helu (with the help of RG3's new emphasis on running) is turning WASH into a RBBC mess it looks like, while Mike James and Chris Ivory look like full time workhorses. I agree Andre Brown wouldn't be a bad pick up but a lot of David Wilson owners have snagged him already. Bottom Line: rest of season do you trust Ivory or James?
The odds of Ivory holding up for the rest of the season, especially on such heavy workloads is essentially slim to none (he wasn't able to stay healthy on limited snaps/work). James isn't nearly as talented IMO but if he flashes something he has better odds of consistently producing for you for the rest of the season (assuming Martin's injury sidelines him for an extended period of time).

I'm also not 100% convinced Ivory has taken full control of the NYJ backfield after a single game. I wouldn't even be remotely surprised to see the NYJ backfield turn into a full blown RBBC as soon a next week @CIN.

Ultimately I think both are no-brainer WW adds but I'm also not super excited about their long-term prospects either.

Evan Royster might pick up a lot of Morris' action if Morris goes out. I think the assumption that Helu skyrockets in that scenario is a bit dubious.

need a RB for this week, so i'm not able to pick up woodhead.

right now i have hillis as my no. 1 choice followed by ivory.

could also pick up helu or mike james.

ugh. i have 3rd priority so i can get someone. tough choice to be honest. don't think any of them blow any others away.

ugh. i have 3rd priority so i can get someone. tough choice to be honest. don't think any of them blow any others away.
If you're primarily needing one for this week, I would rank them (1) James (2) Helu (3) Woodhead (4) Hillis. If it's PPR then switch Woodhead and Helu.

Not sold on Mike James. He was a backup most of his time at Miami with minimal lateral agility and he is not very evasive. He should end up splitting snaps with Brian Leonard, who I think is the more talented back. Both will steal from one another, plus Tampa's gonna air it out. Carolina has solid run def and avg secondary. Glennon loves to throw risky 50-50 deep balls and should try to take advantage of the Carolina pass def to make up for the lack of a real running game.

Ivory is interesting, but as mentioned, his injury issues are a concern. My guess is that he is the guy going forward. He is there most talented back and he hits the holes with authority. It would be silly for the Jets to intentionally split carries between ivory and Powell so drastically week to week, which is another reason why ivory looks like the lead back. That said, no way he continuously sees 30 something carries a game. I suspect he will see 20-25 carries per game and Powell will get between 5-10.

A. Brown sounds like the guy to target out of the bunch if you have room on your bench and don't need immediate help to get into the playoffs. Sig pointed out yesterday before the game on twitter that ny giant beat writers were saying to grab a. Brown in fantasy as they think he will get his shot to take over the backfield when he comes back. That, combined with the lackluster performance from hillis and cox yesterday, make a. Brown the guy I am targeting in leagues where he is still available.

If you're primarily needing one for this week, I would rank them (1) James (2) Helu (3) Woodhead (4) Hillis. If it's PPR then switch Woodhead and Helu.
He can't go with woodhead as chargers are on bye this week.

First game he could play in is week 10. He was ahead of schedule a couple weeks ago when he started running. No guarantees he will seize the role, but he will get his shot, he knows the offense, and he's proven he can produce/be trusted in coughlin system.

why is Woodhead a free agent in any active leagues?
This... and in what scoring system is Woodhead ranked behind James and Helu? Is it in like a negative PPR league? Every RB reception you lose a point?
My guess is the scoring system that gives you a zero on bye weeks
Yeah... I guess that makes sense. I plan on dropping Knowshon Moreno during Denver's bye too... <_<

Is Hillis even worth a pickup? I thought I read Jacobs was close to returning. Hillis looked like a whale out there, but they are playing Philly this week.

Is Hillis even worth a pickup? I thought I read Jacobs was close to returning. Hillis looked like a whale out there, but they are playing Philly this week.
the same philly team that held david wilson to 16 yards a couple weeks ago?
Assuming Hillis gets more than 6 carries it's probably safe to say he'll surpass 16 yards. I love when people ignore carry details. "OMG CHRIS IVORY RAN FOR 100 YARDS! Oh... on 34 carries, nevermind that's like 3ypc." "Hahahahah, David Wilson had 16 yards, oh on 6 carries okay, he never really got a chance to get going and one of them was a goalline carry for a TD".

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing to remember about the Redskins is their defense is horrible so they could be playing from behind a lot and/or in a lot of shootouts. I think both favor Helu as he seems to be their preferred option when they're in hurry-up mode. He's also clearly their third-down RB since Morris is a poor receiver. Again, I like Morris a lot and he's looked real good but I don't think there's any ignoring Helu at this point. I don't think his involvement is a fluke. He's also been very productive so there's every reason for Shanahan to keep going with the current approach. Right now, he has two RBs who are both playing well and an offense that may be rounding into shape. RG3 looked great against Chicago and Reed's emergence is giving them an additional threat in the passing game besides Garcon.
Yep,pretty much how I see it.I think Shanny would love to grind it out with Morris but the Redskin defense has not allowed that to happen. Helu will be :moneybag: in the second half of the season especially PPR.

Users who are viewing this thread