What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best WR and/or RB never to post 1000 yards in one season? (1 Viewer)

Lenny Moore was a 7-time Pro Bowler for the Baltimore Colts in the '50s and '60s, even led the league in yards-from-scrimmage one year, but never topped 1000 yards in either rushing or receiving.

Sweet Love, can't speak for all but I understand not being able to come in here and post as often as you may like. I always loo forward to reading whatever you fell like posting, props out buddy, keep on keeping on even if not as often.

Deion Branch had a nice career and never hit 1000.

Bobby Engram was able to hang around the league for a couple additional season. Both will similar Per/G #s.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobby Engram was able to hang around the league for a couple additional season. Both will similar Per/G #s.
I'd put Joe Jurevicius in that category as well. Dependable 10-year career, solid teammate, played in a couple of Super Bowls....always got picked too high in fantasy drafts, then ended up being a waiver wire stud for about 3 weeks...

Bo Jackson is the obvious choice here.

More Choices, fun guys who were sort of hybrid players:

Keith Byars is another guy who was a pretty good football player with nearly 8800 yards from scrimmage but never sniffed 1000 in rushing or receiving. Kevin Faulk too.

Darren Sproles has over 14,000 all purpose yards but no 1000 yard seasons.

Larry Centers is a fun one, a FB with over 800 career receptions and nearly 9000 yards from scrimmage but no 1000 yard seasons.

Others:

Reggie Bush scraped over 1K with the Dolphins in 2011 otherwise he would be on the list.

Eric Metcalf might be at the top of the list if he did not have the one year with Atlanta of nearly 1200 receiving yards.

Ernest GIvins scraped 1000 yards as a rookie and then never hit it again.

Larry Centers had a pretty nice career, topping out at 962 receiving yards and 425 rushing (different seasons).

Wayne Chrebet was the first guy I thought of, but he just passed 1,000 once.

Michael Pittman

Ollie Matson
He only played 12 games seasons and would have been way over 1000 in 16 (had 924 in 12 games).

If you want to include only WR's since the 16 game seasons started, Ricky Proehl has the most receiving yards (8878/54) without a 1000 yard season. Shawn Jefferson (7023/29) and Branch (6644/39) were the next highest.

Due to yards per game, I'm going to go with Branch (47.5) and the best without a 1000 yard season. Jefferson had 36.0 and Proehl 36.4.

Engram had 1147 yards in 2007.

Users who are viewing this thread