What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Biggest Bust WR of the year so far (1 Viewer)

Joe T

Footballguy
Not counting injured guys like Housh or S. Smith, who is the biggest bust going so far that has played in a game.

I'm not sure I'd give Ron Dayne up for R. Moss if someone offered it...

so I'd have to say:

1. R. Moss

2. L. Evan (although I had him ranked as the #43 WR before the season so this is not much of a surprise)

I think you could throw Brandon Lloyd into the second tier of that group.

I'd also add TO, and not just because of the injury now. He has only around 100 yards and 1 TD in two games.

Not counting injured guys like Housh or S. Smith, who is the biggest bust going so far that has played in a game.I'm not sure I'd give Ron Dayne up for R. Moss if someone offered it...so I'd have to say:1. R. Moss2. L. Evan (although I had him ranked as the #43 WR before the season so this is not much of a surprise)
DroughnsMason

Rod Smith (50 yards to date) has been very dissappointing but I blame most of that on Plummer and the DEN offense.

Not counting injured guys like Housh or S. Smith, who is the biggest bust going so far that has played in a game.I'm not sure I'd give Ron Dayne up for R. Moss if someone offered it...so I'd have to say:1. R. Moss2. L. Evan (although I had him ranked as the #43 WR before the season so this is not much of a surprise)
Moss will never be any cheaper than he is right now...I just traded Williamson and Muhammed for Moss and Foster.

TO

I dont think mason qualifies as a bust just yet, yes he's got 90 yds in two game but his team is just blowing people out. No need to throw

Thanks for listing my WR1 and WR2 in the subtitle! I knew my guys would eventually have their names in lights!

The thread title is :

Biggest Bust WR of the year so far

(I got fooled at first too. I posted Cadillac Williams.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Moss has been the biggest disappointment by far but Oakland has played two of the tougher Ds they are going to face all year so think that now is the time to trade for him (may also be able to get Lamont Jordan cheap).

Also would include Holt in the group of disappoinments ... if he didn't get a short TD reception his stats would look very bad.

I give you roy williams, the most overrated wr in ff. He's not a stud by traditional standards since he's never had a 1,000 yard season but despite that fact a number of ppl in ff thought of him as a top 10 -15 wr and what has he done so far? 107 yards and 0 TDs in two games. That's even more amazing when you consider how close they were to scoring 40 points against Seattle.

YOU"RE ALL WRONG!!!

BIGGEST WR BUST.......

(drumroll.....)

STEVE SMITH

0 catches 0 yds, 0 tds.....

and highest drafted....

*clap* *clap*

thank you, thank you...

I rest my case....

:banned:

:cry:

YOU"RE ALL WRONG!!!

BIGGEST WR BUST.......

(drumroll.....)

STEVE SMITH

and highest drafted....

*clap* *clap*

thank you, thank you...

I rest my case....

From post 1:
who is the biggest bust going so far that has played in a game.
:hey:
Oops...I stand corrected...I just saw WR bust...thought about my 2nd round draft...and pulled the trigger...my bad.

YOU"RE ALL WRONG!!!

BIGGEST WR BUST.......

(drumroll.....)

STEVE SMITH

and highest drafted....

*clap* *clap*

thank you, thank you...

I rest my case....

From post 1:
Yep.Even so, only the 0-2 Smith owners are upset. Anyone with Smith that is 2-0 or 1-1 has gotta be real happy.

I think you could throw Brandon Lloyd into the second tier of that group. I'd also add TO, and not just because of the injury now. He has only around 100 yards and 1 TD in two games.
100 yds and a TD, and you want to label that a bust? Man, the dude has one bad game, and breaks a finger, and you want to label him a bust?After week 1, TO was the 6th highest scoring WR in my league.To even mention TO as a bust is, quite franky, RIDICULOUS.

I give you roy williams, the most overrated wr in ff. He's not a stud by traditional standards since he's never had a 1,000 yard season but despite that fact a number of ppl in ff thought of him as a top 10 -15 wr and what has he done so far? 107 yards and 0 TDs in two games. That's even more amazing when you consider how close they were to scoring 40 points against Seattle.
Think that Roy is another buy low guy. Seattle shut down Arizona passing game, so not surprising to see them take care of Roy and Chicago may be the toughest D in the league, certainly in the NFC.

YOU"RE ALL WRONG!!!

BIGGEST WR BUST.......

(drumroll.....)

STEVE SMITH

and highest drafted....

*clap* *clap*

thank you, thank you...

I rest my case....

From post 1:
Yep.Even so, only the 0-2 Smith owners are upset. Anyone with Smith that is 2-0 or 1-1 has gotta be real happy.
If Hines Ward does practically anything tonight I will be 1-1 with Smith. But I certainly am not lighting it up scoring wise (PPR). I don't personally know of any 2-0 redraft teams that have Smith on them.

I think you could throw Brandon Lloyd into the second tier of that group. I'd also add TO, and not just because of the injury now. He has only around 100 yards and 1 TD in two games.
100 yds and a TD, and you want to label that a bust? Man, the dude has one bad game, and breaks a finger, and you want to label him a bust?After week 1, TO was the 6th highest scoring WR in my league.To even mention TO as a bust is, quite franky, RIDICULOUS.
I've watched both of his games in their entirety. He was a non-factor for the entirety of the Redskins game with the Redskins playing without Shawn Springs (and yeah, broken finger but they still put him in there) and for about 90% of the Jax game. I've not been impressed by what I've seen of him this year.

I've watched both of his games in their entirety. He was a non-factor for the entirety of the Redskins game with the Redskins playing without Shawn Springs (and yeah, broken finger but they still put him in there) and for about 90% of the Jax game. I've not been impressed by what I've seen of him this year.
Doesnt really matter if he "impressed" you or not.He had 6 catches for 80 yds and a TD his first game. That is an excellent start to the season.Then he breaks his finger. If that means he is a bust, when in most leagues he was probably the 7th or 8th WR drafted...well, I dont know

Moss will bounce back strong after the BYE u people are forgetting the fact they played 2 of the Best D's in the whole NFL....Raiders get some ####ty teams real soon...dont get to scurrred after 2 weeks....as far as Evans goes.....thats a whole other story....but dont dont jump the gun yet...paitence young grasshoppers

YOU"RE ALL WRONG!!!

BIGGEST WR BUST.......

(drumroll.....)

STEVE SMITH

and highest drafted....

*clap* *clap*

thank you, thank you...

I rest my case....

From post 1:
If Hines Ward does practically anything tonight I will be 1-1 with Smith. But I certainly am not lighting it up scoring wise (PPR). I don't personally know of any 2-0 redraft teams that have Smith on them.
David, now you do. AND I'll go you one better - I drafted Lamont 1.06 and Smith 2.05 in a 10 team redraft PPR. Oh, and Plummer is my QB. :bag:

Yes, it's a competitive league, and no, I don't play against 5th graders or anything. I have the BAL Def and I've gotten lucky.

YOU"RE ALL WRONG!!!

BIGGEST WR BUST.......

(drumroll.....)

STEVE SMITH

and highest drafted....

*clap* *clap*

thank you, thank you...

I rest my case....

From post 1:
David, now you do. AND I'll go you one better - I drafted Lamont 1.06 and Smith 2.05 in a 10 team redraft PPR. Oh, and Plummer is my QB. :bag:

Yes, it's a competitive league, and no, I don't play against 5th graders or anything. I have the BAL Def and I've gotten lucky.
I didn't mean that there were none out there, only that most of the SSmith owners I know are struggling. I have Plummer, too, and left Favre on the bench this week. But as I said could still win. Go figure.

Think that Roy is another buy low guy. Seattle shut down Arizona passing game, so not surprising to see them take care of Roy and Chicago may be the toughest D in the league, certainly in the NFC.
:goodposting: Seattle & Chicago are 3 & 4 in total D so far. Det will have some good matchups in the coming weeks and hopefully will find some offensive rythm.

YOU"RE ALL WRONG!!!

BIGGEST WR BUST.......

(drumroll.....)

STEVE SMITH

and highest drafted....

*clap* *clap*

thank you, thank you...

I rest my case....

From post 1:
Oops...I stand corrected...I just saw WR bust...thought about my 2nd round draft...and pulled the trigger...my bad.
You have to include Smith and Housh. These were high round picks too. Blowing a pick on an injured guy hurts just as bad as a guy not producing. I'd rather have a healthy "bust" than a guy who is a big ???? every week, and perhaps the whole season.

You have to include Smith and Housh. These were high round picks too. Blowing a pick on an injured guy hurts just as bad as a guy not producing. I'd rather have a healthy "bust" than a guy who is a big ???? every week, and perhaps the whole season.
Yeah, but at least if a guy doesn't play, you can start someone else in his place. A healthy bust is in your starting lineup and getting you paltry point totals.

It's 2 weeks, who cares? Come back to me at week 8 when it really matters. Manning was a bust through 2 games last season and things turned out fairly well for him anyway.

A lot of good ones out there already - two more busts to toss on the fire:

Eddie Kennison - a lot of shark drafters took him in the 7th/8th at a value slot, counting on him to start in start 3 WR leagues, or if they took QB/TE early/hoarded RBs. I'd leave him on the bench until Green returns, and still wait for a decent game before playing him.

Roy Williams - The Mike Martz O would unlock his potential... guess again. Still waiting for this guy to produce stats to match his physical gifts.

Moss and Evans are troubling, but there's no signs of erosion of talent. There's reason to be optimistic on both - The Bills haven't had to play from behind yet, and the Raiders have faced two defenses that are bloodthirsty right now.

edit to add: just saw the roy williams discussion above, not sure how i missed it - i agree that his outlook improves with lesser Ds on the schedule like Moss.

Yeah, but at least if a guy doesn't play, you can start someone else in his place. A healthy bust is in your starting lineup and getting you paltry point totals.
I bet Moss and Evans owners are wishing they were as lucky as Smith and Housh owners.

Do not forget he also has Bledsoe throwing him the ball and he missed all of training camp. I am an Owen's owner. I have high hopes for him this year. I still expect him to turn in top 10 numbers by years end. :D

I bet Moss and Evans owners are wishing they were as lucky as Smith and Housh owners.
:goodposting: I'm still confident my duo will produce solid stats, but color me concerned.

YOU"RE ALL WRONG!!!

BIGGEST WR BUST.......

(drumroll.....)

STEVE SMITH

and highest drafted....

*clap* *clap*

thank you, thank you...

I rest my case....

From post 1:
Why? If a player is hurt, atleast you can put someone else in your lineup. But if someone is healthy and not producing, than you aren't getting any points from that position.

YOU"RE ALL WRONG!!!

BIGGEST WR BUST.......

(drumroll.....)

STEVE SMITH

and highest drafted....

*clap* *clap*

thank you, thank you...

I rest my case....

From post 1:
Why? If a player is hurt, atleast you can put someone else in your lineup. But if someone is healthy and not producing, than you aren't getting any points from that position.
Is there an echo in here? See post #33.

:P

DroughnsMason
droughns is a WR? this is why we block your access to the OMEGA SECTOR forum.

Moss has been the biggest disappointment by far but Oakland has played two of the tougher Ds they are going to face all year so think that now is the time to trade for him (may also be able to get Lamont Jordan cheap).

Also would include Holt in the group of disappoinments ... if he didn't get a short TD reception his stats would look very bad.
But would you be able to get Jordan for R Moss?BTW my bust so far in our league is Steve Smith who went 2.02 in our 10 team re-draft (yes I know he hasn't played yet), but the team in our league is taking a beating so far by not having him play...

The team also drafted Domanick Davis in the 5th :X

YOU"RE ALL WRONG!!!

BIGGEST WR BUST.......

(drumroll.....)

STEVE SMITH

and highest drafted....

*clap* *clap*

thank you, thank you...

I rest my case....

From post 1:
If Evans were hurt, I could start Cotchery. The two points a week just aren't cutting it, but I can't bench my 5th rounder for the JETS 2ND WR!!!... yet.

Users who are viewing this thread