What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Biggest Bust WR of the year so far (1 Viewer)

YOU"RE ALL WRONG!!!

BIGGEST WR BUST.......

(drumroll.....)

STEVE SMITH

0 catches 0 yds, 0 tds.....

and highest drafted....

*clap* *clap*

thank you, thank you...

I rest my case....

:banned:

:cry:
From post 1:
who is the biggest bust going so far that has played in a game.
:hey:
Yep.Even so, only the 0-2 Smith owners are upset. Anyone with Smith that is 2-0 or 1-1 has gotta be real happy.
If Hines Ward does practically anything tonight I will be 1-1 with Smith. But I certainly am not lighting it up scoring wise (PPR). I don't personally know of any 2-0 redraft teams that have Smith on them.
2-0 with Smith and Caddy and T.J Houz. Thank god for Frank Gore.

This may have been said in this thread already, but calling anyone a bust after 2 weeks is absurd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brandon Lloyd?
Has Lloyd even caught one pass yet? I think that has to rank up there since I'm sure some people started him in deep leagues these first two weeks.As far as higher ranked guys, R. Moss is the hands down favorite. None of the top WR have had two good games, that I can recall. The top five fantasy WR's so far are Stallworth, Burress, Coles, Bryant & Cotchery. (2 Jets!?! Inconceivable!) The only guy in the top 10 in both pre-season & through 2 weeks is Marvin Harrison, but he still has no TD's.

YOU"RE ALL WRONG!!!BIGGEST WR BUST.......(drumroll.....)STEVE SMITH0 catches 0 yds, 0 tds.....and highest drafted....*clap* *clap*thank you, thank you...I rest my case.... :banned: :cry:
That's exactly my thought. Can't believe it took 14 replies before someone brought this up. No matter how badly R Moss or S Moss or Evans or anyone else has done, at least they have PLAYED! Smith was picked early-mid second round and hasn't even played! :thumbdown:

It's generally still the wait and see stage. "Bust of the year" posts just don't make much sense in week #2. We'll quite likely see big things yet from the likes of Steve Smith, T.O., Lee Evans, Roy Williams and Santana Moss. Probably some others mentioned here too, but there's no real need for me to double-check who else has been mentioned this early in the season.

That said, I do have to wonder if anything much happens with Randy Moss because the team is in such disarray.

Also while I dismiss the idea of writing guys off early, I do think there's something to be said for spotting sleepers early in the season. I call it the Boldin theory. Cotchery and Berrian have been among impressive FA sleepers.

So don't drop a guy with perceived high pre-season potential just because it hasn't been justified already, but instead focus your attention on those late round sleepers that you took a gamble on that aren't panning out for some others that look like they might. What are you going to do about an early bust anyway? You probably won't be able to sell them high. A lot of us also have to pay fees to move someone.

Patience oftens prevails.

2. L. Evan (although I had him ranked as the #43 WR before the season so this is not much of a surprise)
I don't see how Evans could be called a bust. He's a talented player, but he has no legitimate #2 WR to help draw coverage, and he has a QB that may not be in the league in three years.

I am sorry if you counted on any Raider to perform well this season, then you dont deserve to win.

Tihs year is funky. Its not about who is a bust, its who isnt a bust

2. L. Evan (although I had him ranked as the #43 WR before the season so this is not much of a surprise)
I don't see how Evans could be called a bust. He's a talented player, but he has no legitimate #2 WR to help draw coverage, and he has a QB that may not be in the league in three years.
I'm starting to wonder if Evans is ready to be a #1 WR. Kinda reminds me of when Price went to Atlanta and fizzled. Must be a big difference between drawing the top CB and double coverage and being the #2 WR on a team. I hope I'm wrong because I have him .Willie

I'm starting to wonder if Evans is ready to be a #1 WR. Kinda reminds me of when Price went to Atlanta and fizzled. Must be a big difference between drawing the top CB and double coverage and being the #2 WR on a team. I hope I'm wrong because I have him .Willie
Hard to know without a better WR to complement Evans. There are a few guys (like a healthy Steve Smith) that seem to be able to do it all by themselves. But I'm not sure Losman will be good enough to start in the NFL, so maybe we won't know for awhile.

I'm not sure why we are giving players who are injured a pass on this. All other mitigating circumstances count.
The argument is that if a player is hurt and not playing, you at least know that and can play someone else. If a player is playing but underperforming, you have to decide whether to play him or not. No one really has had to weigh whether or not to play SSmith. So which is better or worse? Having to play another lesser receiver and getting some points (the Smith scenario) or playing someone like Moss and taking a socre of 3 or 4?

YOU"RE ALL WRONG!!!

BIGGEST WR BUST.......

(drumroll.....)

STEVE SMITH

0 catches 0 yds, 0 tds.....

and highest drafted....

*clap* *clap*

thank you, thank you...

I rest my case....

:banned:

:cry:
From post 1:
who is the biggest bust going so far that has played in a game.
:hey:
Yep.Even so, only the 0-2 Smith owners are upset. Anyone with Smith that is 2-0 or 1-1 has gotta be real happy.
If Hines Ward does practically anything tonight I will be 1-1 with Smith. But I certainly am not lighting it up scoring wise (PPR). I don't personally know of any 2-0 redraft teams that have Smith on them.
David, now you do. AND I'll go you one better - I drafted Lamont 1.06 and Smith 2.05 in a 10 team redraft PPR. Oh, and Plummer is my QB. :bag:

Yes, it's a competitive league, and no, I don't play against 5th graders or anything. I have the BAL Def and I've gotten lucky.
:bye: Just wanted to say me too. 2-0 despite Jordan and Smith. Gore, McNabb, and Baltimore have made me the highest scoring team in my league.

I'm not sure why we are giving players who are injured a pass on this. All other mitigating circumstances count.
The argument is that if a player is hurt and not playing, you at least know that and can play someone else. If a player is playing but underperforming, you have to decide whether to play him or not. No one really has had to weigh whether or not to play SSmith. So which is better or worse? Having to play another lesser receiver and getting some points (the Smith scenario) or playing someone like Moss and taking a socre of 3 or 4?
Oh I see. I was not thinking about the headache of who to start having anything to do with being a bust. But bad performance from player started definitly stings more even if that player was taken later and performs better than players drafted before them.Some of these players being considered early busts will be good closers. Wide recievers perform erradicly outside of a few. These same players who are have hurt thier owners early could be great buy low canidates for trades or late season performers if kept.

Users who are viewing this thread