What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Biggest non injury fantasy bust this season? (1 Viewer)

Easy vote for Braylon...I should have known better than fall for the Browns hype
Heck with that. He was part of the problem, not a victim of a team that fell apart. If he could catch the rock with any consistency, Derek Anderson might have kept his job.Agree that he is the easy choice.

People naming Jamal Lewis, McGahee, Ocho. You're the busts. Even LT, there was no reason to think he would finish as a top 10 back. And expecting anything out of Lewis, McGahee or Edge is pure comedy...wake up. Sure if one of them is sitting around deep into the draft, but c'mon...to label them busts mean you had them projected early in the draft.
There are three posts on this thread criticising my nomination of Edge.Go look at the FBG pre-season projections (made in early September). All five staffers who made projections had Edge getting over 1,000 yards rushing. Without being injured, Edge has amassed 395 yards, well under 40% of his expected output. How many other players have fallen that far short of their pre-season rankings without being injured? His average draft position according to this site was 48th. Of course he can be labelled a bust if he's fallen over 600 yards short of his most pessimistic projections. There's a case to be made for saying he's one of the biggest busts of the fantasy season.We all knew he was very much on the way out, but in terms of expectations to achievements, he's a fantasy bust this year.

I agree that Braylon Edwards has to be the biggest non-injury bust.

Ben Worthlessberger (uh, I meant Roethlisberger) has to be up there also. 32 TDs last year, and he only has 15 this year???

sho nuff said:
springroll said:
ok to get this back on track a bit...How about Ryan Grant?How about TJ Houshmanzadeh?Willis Mcgahee?
Housh has had his moments.Was McGahee's because of injury? Maybe he did not miss as much time.Grant is certainly an option. Showed promise in the middle...but has been disappointing for a few weeks now too.
Yeah right , he ran for 100yds and a td last week, on 19 carries.

What about Tim Higtower who became a supposively top 5 when he was named the starter , what a bust of the second half of the season.

What about Tim Higtower who became a supposively top 5 when he was named the starter , what a bust of the second half of the season.
Yes, a day two rookie on a pass-first, second, and third team that was likely only drafted in dyno leagues or as a handcuff in deep redrafts to Edge is a bust. Right.:confused:This thread is comedy.

Gore and Lynch have been underperforming 1st round picks. I'm on the fence about labeling them busts but they haven't been pretty.

Biggest bust hands down is Edwards. Nobody else is even close.
:kicksrock:
I gotta go with Holt over Edwards. Holt has had a track record of upper tier stud production for years, and he dropped into the abyss without warning.This year's per game numbers through week 14 (I don't have 15 stats in my database yet)

Browns WR's have caught 81 passes for 1094 yards and 5 TD's.

Edwards has 56% of the rec, 67% of the yards, and 43% of the TD's.

Ram WR's have caught 139 passes for 1733 yards and 7 TD's.

Holt has 36% of the rec, 34% of the yards, and 29% of the TD's.

In my league that starts 36 WR's per week Edwards is the 34th ranked WR and Holt is the 62nd ranked. No one expected Holt to lead the league but going from an estimated low #1/high #2 to completely unstartable without an injury is ridiculous. He's not even a major part of the offense anymore. Donnie Avery, Dane Looker, Derek Staley. 3 Ram WR's who have scored as many TD's as Torry Holt and have a higher ypc than Holt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gore and Lynch have been underperforming 1st round picks. I'm on the fence about labeling them busts but they haven't been pretty.Biggest bust hands down is Edwards. Nobody else is even close.
I think its Plaxico, forget the injury clause.What were your expectations of Gore and Lynch? I'm pretty happy with Lynch's performance, save a few weeks here and there. Both are better than they were last year.
Yeah I was too harsh on them, I just expected them to outperform the low first round ranking they had. I expected too much and when they basically do what we thought they would it feels like a letdown. :goodposting: Funny how our personal perceptions cloud things. Holt is a good candidate for biggest bust, but since I was down on him pre-draft I never expected much out of him in the first place.I guess for me, "bust" means a player taken as the top 5-ish at his position but finishes as a nearly unstartable option. So for a QB, outside of QB12, and then RB24, WR24-36, etc.

I think for where he was drafted in most drafts that Peyton Manning has to enter the equation here. He's performed well enough I guess, but expectations were much, much higher.

I think for where he was drafted in most drafts that Peyton Manning has to enter the equation here. He's performed well enough I guess, but expectations were much, much higher.
This is as bad as those saying LT.A top 4 preseason QB currently ranked 6th is not a candidate for biggest non-injury bust.

This is as bad as those saying LT.A top 4 preseason QB currently ranked 6th is not a candidate for biggest non-injury bust.
Based on where he was drafted in most leagues he should be considered. Not saying he's a bad qb. Also, I don't think he became the #6 scoring Qb until the last couple of weeks when most owners probably were being eliminated from playoffs.

Based on where he was drafted in most leagues he should be considered. Not saying he's a bad qb. Also, I don't think he became the #6 scoring Qb until the last couple of weeks when most owners probably were being eliminated from playoffs.
Just because he was over valued entering the draft, again, does not mean he was a bust.

I agree that Braylon Edwards has to be the biggest non-injury bust. Ben Worthlessberger (uh, I meant Roethlisberger) has to be up there also. 32 TDs last year, and he only has 15 this year???
thanks for outlining my 2nd and 4th round picks. Agree with both.

Users who are viewing this thread